• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup Draw Thread

Re: The FA Cup Draw Thread - 4th Round Draw 3.30pm Sunday

All the leading teams in the PL away bar United, might see another one bite the dust. Stoke City v Emirates Marketing Project in the offing possibly.
Brighton would be a w/o for Arsenal if they get past Swansea
Chelsea and Liverpool should have no problems progressing.
Everton potentially tricky trip to Sunderland.

Dont know about you guys but I'd rather a trip to Brimingham than Leeds, but only just. I value the windscreen on the car too much for a trip to Elland Road

Away to Southampton whilst we're home to Coventry. Swings and roundabouts, we've had some very favourable draws in recent years

If you did a re-count of all cup ties over the years, I guarantee they will have had a vast majority at home against lower league teams.

Away to Southampton whilst we're home to Coventry. Swings and roundabouts, we've had some very favourable draws in recent years

Certainly have in the 3rd round thats for sure, and we certainly couldnt complain about last years runs to the SF. Cheltenham,Watford,Stevenage and Bolton.

Could have got an easier draw,but could easily have got a lot harder

Should go through whoever we play but it never seems to work like that.

If you did a re-count of all cup ties over the years, I guarantee they will have had a vast majority at home against lower league teams.

trend has been changing though, and like I say, we can hardly complain.

We played Leeds in 2010, admittedly a replay to go back to their manor.

I didn't make that, but went to Doncaster in 09, and the three Bramall Lane games in recent years. It's not easy for me to get the the WHL that much anymore, so these are always bonuses.

It's annoying there are no EPL teams up this way any more - Leeds, Sheff W, Sheff U, Forest, Derby etc. were decent top flight clubs until the last decade.

I didn't make that, but went to Doncaster in 09, and the three Bramall Lane games in recent years. It's not easy for me to get the the WHL that much anymore, so these are always bonuses.

It's annoying there are no EPL teams up this way any more - Leeds, Sheff W, Sheff U, Forest, Derby etc. were decent top flight clubs until the last decade.

That was a top night out. 5-0 win, nice little ground, and we were top of the league at the time. Great atmosphere

Re: The FA Cup Draw Thread - 4th Round: Leeds United/Birmingham City (A)

Ahh fudge, Leeds have to play away in their replay - wanted them in the next game ideally.

That was a top night out. 5-0 win, nice little ground, and we were top of the league at the time. Great atmosphere

5-1, but yeah - it was a great night. There was that amazing golden sky with the huge rainbow over the place too (http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/art...ews-pics-24-30th-august-gallery-588910781.jpg) - proper magic of the cup type stuff.

I remember we also only named 4 subs, because we'd sold Chimbonda on the coach on the way up.

I assume the game will be played on the Saturday, as we play Norwich Away on the Tuesday night, surely the club wont agree to playing Sunday/Tuesday?

5-1, but yeah - it was a great night. There was that amazing golden sky with the huge rainbow over the place too (attach) - proper magic of the cup type stuff.

I remember we also only named 4 subs, because we'd sold Chimbonda on the coach on the way up.

My bad, I'd forgotten their club, rememeber the rainbow, and IIRC Neil Sullivan was in goal for them, or at least he was on the front of the programme

Ticket sale will be interesting. I doubt we can sell tickets until our opponent is known, so I assume tickets will go on-sale to ST's on Fri 18th and Members on Monday 21st at a guess

Ticket sale will be interesting. I doubt we can sell tickets until our opponent is known, so I assume tickets will go on-sale to ST's on Fri 18th and Members on Monday 21st at a guess

Well Spurs should know what the ticket allocation will be for both Birmingham & Leeds, so it's simply a matter of selling the smallest of the two amounts first then selling the difference if needs be later on.

Well Spurs should know what the ticket allocation will be for both Birmingham & Leeds, so it's simply a matter of selling the smallest of the two amounts first then selling the difference if needs be later on.

Thats too sensible Statto.

This is the Spurs Ticket office we're taking about, they dont do simple

I assume the game will be played on the Saturday, as we play Norwich Away on the Tuesday night, surely the club wont agree to playing Sunday/Tuesday?

Good point that, if we get Leeds I can see it being a saturday ITV game

Good point that, if we get Leeds I can see it being a saturday ITV game

I think we will be on either way. Pretty sure they will choose the televised games next week before the replays. I'm hoping we get the 5.30pm slot, got stocktaking that day at work, have a chance of making the game if its the evening game. No chance any earlier.

Please beat birmingham Leeds, please please please!

Shame more Premiership teams weren't drawn against each other. Might only be four non-premiership teams in the last 16 which puts bit of dampener on the romance of the cup.

Shame more Premiership teams weren't drawn against each other. Might only be four non-premiership teams in the last 16 which puts bit of dampener on the romance of the cup.

Yes, not the most exciting draw I've ever seen, although with many of the 'better' PL teams being drawn away, there is potential for the odd shock

Back