• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup Draw Thread

Re: The FA Cup Draw Thread - 4th Round: Leeds United/Birmingham City (A)

Would love leeds, definitely would try to make it to that one.

Could have been a lot worse for us. Yeah you always want a home tie, but we've avoided the big teams.

I don't, away games = much more fun
This. There's always a positive to both - away ties first for me as that's what going to football is all about, going away having a laugh and being with the hardcore support. Home ties are usually very boring

For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, I've gone back to the first FA Cup competition in 1871-72 and charted the progress of every club which has reached the last 32 (modern 4th Round) and better up to the end of last season's competition.

I also awarded points for every round reached and compiled a performance table for all 267 clubs which have reached the last 32...

FA Cup Performance Chart 1871-72 to 2011-12

For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, I've gone back to the first FA Cup competition in 1871-72 and charted the progress of every club which has reached the last 32 (modern 4th Round) and better up to the end of last season's competition.

I also awarded points for every round reached and compiled a performance table for all 267 clubs which have reached the last 32...

FA Cup Performance Chart 1871-72 to 2011-12

Brilliant work...but you have far too much time on your hands :p

Tottenham tie selected for live coverage...

ESPN will broadcast exclusively live coverage of three FA Cup fourth round games over the final weekend of January, starting with West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool on Saturday January 26. That is followed on Sunday by a double bill: Brentford or Southend v Chelsea, then Leeds or Birmingham v Tottenham Hotspur.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/187442.html#WZoXMrA4T4sUM1qJ.99

Tottenham tie selected for live coverage...

ESPN will broadcast exclusively live coverage of three FA Cup fourth round games over the final weekend of January, starting with West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool on Saturday January 26. That is followed on Sunday by a double bill: Brentford or Southend v Chelsea, then Leeds or Birmingham v Tottenham Hotspur.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/187442.html#WZoXMrA4T4sUM1qJ.99

I did expect did our game to be chosen, but what a shock, United on live again

Surprised we agreed to a Sunday Kick off with a Tuesday night game (particularly with Norwich playing at home and on Saturday).

Also surprised that Brighton v Arsenal/Swansea not on as if as expected Arse win then that would be a great game - looked to be tie of the round to me but guess ITV/ESPN cant ignore the lure of man U - really hope it ends up being West Ham v Blackpool now!!

Surprised we agreed to a Sunday Kick off with a Tuesday night game (particularly with Norwich playing at home and on Saturday).

Also surprised that Brighton v Arsenal/Swansea not on as if as expected Arse win then that would be a great game - looked to be tie of the round to me but guess ITV/ESPN cant ignore the lure of man U - really hope it ends up being West Ham v Blackpool now!!

If it does they will switch.

I assume our games with Lyon will be shown on ITV4, in which case 7 out of our next 8 game are now televised, Norwich away being the odd one out

ESPN will broadcast exclusively live coverage of three FA Cup fourth round games over the final weekend of January, starting with West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool on Saturday January 26]

Seriously is there not a better game than that, dogbrick

Its now on Wed, what about all the fans that have brought advance rail tickets with no refunds, cheers again

Back