• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Diamond Jubilee Thread

this weekend has well and truely put the Great back into Great Britain, still the greatest country in the world

Auk59pGCMAEoGK2.jpg

Fantastic speech by Big Ears.

I do think the major let down for me so far this celebration is the lack of Ethnic input.
Did they think it was a BNP rally or something.

IMO poor show on those communities, where they could have come out in force, and simply broke those barriers down.

How much ethnic input would you like? They had Lenny Henry presenting and an African singing group. The uk is still 90% white and our history and that if the queen was accurately reflected.

I'm sad all the celebrations are over and all the Union Jacks have to go away tomorrow. I can't see another royal event until the next coronation, and I can't see many other patriotic celebrations.

Oh well.

Happy Diamond Jubilee!

I'm sad all the celebrations are over and all the Union Jacks have to go away tomorrow. I can't see another royal event until the next coronation, and I can't see many other patriotic celebrations.

Oh well.

Happy Diamond Jubilee!

Olympics will bring out the Union Jack

Fantastic speech by Big Ears.

I do think the major let down for me so far this celebration is the lack of Ethnic input.
Did they think it was a BNP rally or something.

IMO poor show on those communities, where they could have come out in force, and simply broke those barriers down.

Interesting point. A few mates who went to the pageant said there wasnt much of a mix and watching last night there didnt seem many non white faces -ex stevie wonder and Will i am...

watching The jubilee has strangely made me less of a royalist. I think its do with paying for the ones like fergies daughter eugenie

Jubilee weekend unfortunately did not even come close to Memorial Day Weekend in Vegas last weekend! Time of my life

In your view. It was Vegas. Rehab pool party, private cabana. Knee deep in clunge. Sorry mate not even close.

In all seriousness, gutted the weathers been so brick this weekend

I loved Vegas, trust me I did, but it was dumb arse yanks whooping and a hollering for 4 days, not pomp and pagentry something that only the UK does well

Your comparing two things which are so wide apart on the spectrum they are not even worth comparing each other to

Lets compare my sofa and your bike

Last edited:
Watching the repeat on TV - does look good.

Kylie Minogue is still looking as hot as ever

I loved Vegas, trust me I did, but it was dumb arse yanks whooping and a hollering for 4 days, not pomp and pagentry something that only the UK does well

Your comparing two things which are so wide apart on the spectrum they are not even worth comparing each other to

I'm just comparing the fun I had one weekend to the other. Nothing wrong with that.

Well for starters its is completely different to a vegas weekend so your right there marky.

As for the ethnic thing well the royals do more for people in the common wealth with different skin colour to us whites so they are very multi cultural in my view. Im a happy pround royal watcher.

That said i only caught the highlights in the evening back at our hotel.

The queen and the royal family are in my view the greatest thing about this country and the thing i remain proudest of. The politicans no matter what party let you down, the footballers well i hardly need to say about them. A lot of the people in this country i dislike who they are and how they behave and what seems to be the primary objective in there lifes.

But the queen always behaves with class and dignity and is the greatest role model my son could have as she is how i wish all british people were, restrained and polite, hard working and kind.

The queen is called the mother of the nation and im proud tohave her as head of state, to think some would change her for a president. Look around the world and tell me which president behaves in a better manner then her, tell me of a president who works into there 80's who carries on official duties even when there husband is ill. The queen has so much experince to offer us and her children that it can only stand us in good stead for the future.

Also can i take this moment to say that i know for a fact ooh im itk that prince andrew although a bit of a party boy does an awful lot for this country attracting business and he goes the extra mile especailly for a company operating in portsmouth who export all over the world and have been helped a hell of a lot by his input.

Back