• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Had the opposition 5 for 5 at one point on Saturday, ECB Fast Bowling Directive meant I had to take my opening bowler off, he ended up with 6 overs 3 maidens 5 wickets for 3 runs. Bowled them out for 44 in the end.

Had the opposition 5 for 5 at one point on Saturday, ECB Fast Bowling Directive meant I had to take my opening bowler off, he ended up with 6 overs 3 maidens 5 wickets for 3 runs. Bowled them out for 44 in the end.

ECB directive ?? WTF is that

ECB directive ?? WTF is that

Amount of overs allowed in a spell and in a day for junior players.

Lad was an under 16 so only allowed to bowl 6 in a spell and then I have to wait until another 6 have been bowled from his end before he can come back on.

If he could have stayed on I think we might have bowled them out for less than 10 as we weren't conceding runs at the other end at the time either.

The team we are playing this coming Saturday were bowled out for 11 on Sat. :lol:

Amount of overs allowed in a spell and in a day for junior players.

Lad was an under 16 so only allowed to bowl 6 in a spell and then I have to wait until another 6 have been bowled from his end before he can come back on.

If he could have stayed on I think we might have bowled them out for less than 10 as we weren't conceding runs at the other end at the time either.

The team we are playing this coming Saturday were bowled out for 11 on Sat. :lol:

Interesting that that filters down to all leagues isnt it, good idea I think though

Anybody going to the Oval?

Have awesome hospitality tickets for Saturday...hope it stays dry otherwise it could get very messy!

I fancy some series bets, was thinking cook top scorer and jimmy wicket taker but feels too obvious and patriotic!

Might hedge myself on de villiers and steyn?

I fancy some series bets, was thinking cook top scorer and jimmy wicket taker but feels too obvious and patriotic!

Might hedge myself on de villiers and steyn?

It's obvious for a reason. The man is a cricketing beast. Could become one of the greatest batsman England has seen...

(I hope i haven't jinxed him now..)

Yep and only 28 as well, at least another 5 years at the top. Ohhh and back to back Ashes test next year.....now there is at least 5 100s there for the lad might as well chalk them up now.

Anyone seen this on Bopara's wiki?

[edit]Fan Club
The official Ravi Bopara fan club was started by Mr M Deading in 2009 - He's going to be the greatest England player to have ever played the game and I'm getting involved at the ground floor he was quoted as saying at the time.
The initial price of membership was £9.95 which included a badge and autographed photo. After Bopara's inclusion in the 2009 Ashes squad members soared to 5, still a record for the club. However, poor performances and loss of his test place saw members refuse the option of renewal for the 2010-11 season.
After not meeting projected sales numbers, Deading was allegedly left bankrupt having been rumoured to have poured his life savings into Bopara masks, signed miniature bats and other memorabilia.
Reports that he had killed himself as a result were, however (much like Bopara's bowling) wide of the mark - A coroners report suggested he had been dead since at least the debut of W.G Grace and possibly earlier.

:ross:

Bopara really isn't a test batsman. He's still living off a few centuries in the West Indies on the flattest wickets known to man.

Back