• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

You do know the barmy army was created by us laughing at our own crapness? That's what we do. No whiny excuses. We laugh

For a country of 20 odd million people, it is truly tragic that the only chant in almost all sports is Aussie aussie aussie, oi, oi , oi.

I feel embarrassed for the idiots (aka the Fanatics...) when they stand up at the MCG in front of 90,000 people and belt that brick out.

Chanting isn't a big thing in Australia. It's a novelty when the Barmy Army cone and sing their cute little ditties about us.

Chanting isn't a big thing in Australia. It's a novelty when the Barmy Army cone and sing their cute little ditties about us.
I've got a mate who used to play for Carlton and West Coast. It wasnt until he went to a premier league match while on holiday that he realised how crap aussie crowds are.

Still 3rd in the rankings??? Figure that one out!!

Still no praise in the Aussie press, we're 'decent' and average.

Can't wait for next year to destroy this shower over 5 days of proper cricket.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/rain-delays-final-one-dayer/story-e6frfg8o-1226422978265

Next summer can't come soon enough.

The Aussies have selected a fairly strong Australia A squad for a tour of England, including some four day matches. Some potential good bowlers in there like Pattinson, Cummins but add to that Mitchell Johnson. Demolish them and I really can't see any other result than us retaining the Ashes next year.

Well played boys, you've made my life in a Melbourne office a lot more fun!

Still 3rd in the rankings??? Figure that one out!!

Still no praise in the Aussie press, we're 'decent' and average.

Can't wait for next year to destroy this shower over 5 days of proper cricket.

The Aussies are only number 1 still because they got so far ahead when they were actually good.

Brett Lee retires from International cricket...

Really enjoyed watching him over the years, seems a top bloke too

Brett Lee retires from International cricket...

Really enjoyed watching him over the years, seems a top bloke too

Really? Got the complete opposite impression. Always thought he was a complete nob and an average bowler. Took a lot of wickets through having McGrath and Warne keeping things tight at the other end, do the batsmen felt the need to take Lee on

Really? Got the complete opposite impression. Always thought he was a complete nob and an average bowler. Took a lot of wickets through having McGrath and Warne keeping things tight at the other end, do the batsmen felt the need to take Lee on

I'm a fan of him too. Gives his all and maintains a decent sporting attitude at the same time.

Back