• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Windies tail is wagging this morning, upto 330 odd now, England with 5 dropped catches though, unusual that

125 odd partnership for the last wicket..

1st time a number 11 has got a 50 against England since 1906, Best is 82 no at the moment..

Also highest ever score in tests by a number 11 too

Was there yesterday. really impressed with the new look Edgbaston and saw some excellent cricket......BUT........why oh why did they come off for bad light? It was fairly bright, high clouds, just incomprehensible. Took my 13 year old son to his first Test which he thoroughly enjoyed apart from the hour we spent standing around waiting for the light to get better. Ludicrous.

On a positive note, because there was no-one there I bought two tickets off a tout for half face value, ?ú15 each and then took the opportunity to wander round and sit behind the bowlers arm at the Wyatt end. Excellent value

I played in a crazy game at the weekend, we were bowled out for 81.... and then we skittled them for 46. I smell a pitch report coming on...

Im off to arundel for a celebrity not sure who is in it, celebrity cricket match at the end of the month. Free ticket so not to bad.

Whats the quality like for chairty matches, i know next to nothing about cricket.

They're complaining in my office that this is out of season for the Aussies.

Funny, I didn't realise Alistair Cook grew up batting around Xmas, when he was dispatching their turd bowlers on his way to a 1000 not out at the last Ashes.

I heard that on Sky the other day, out of season. Never, ever heard that excuse used before, what an absolute turd. In that case every tour England go on is out of season.

Oh there's always excuses for Australia losing...

'out of season'
'our team aren't English'
'injuries'
'not used to the wickets'
'Poms are lucky'
'Umpires cheated us'

It goes on and on.

Oh there's always excuses for Australia losing...

'out of season'
'our team aren't English'
'injuries'
'not used to the wickets'
'Poms are lucky'
'Umpires cheated us'

It goes on and on.

For Aussie cricket fans see Arsenal footie fans..

Yay for rain!

Also, what were your excuses when you were gash for the best part of 15 years?

Cricket wasn't a big sport back then. It was all about football. Too bad we always beat you in that too.

Im pretty sure most of us would admit we were crap. Theres certainly not the constant spacegoating that comes from Aussies.

I enjoy the banter between the convicts and the poms more then any in sport....Watching the Ashes live is one of the best sporting memories i have and that's mainly due to the good nature and very very rude banter.

Fifteen/15 last night (reduced due to rain), I got 24 off 12 balls, out last ball of the power-play.

You do know the barmy army was created by us laughing at our own crapness? That's what we do. No whiny excuses. We laugh

That's a fair point. I wish more Australians like me could calm down a bit. Everything (ok, most things) in sport are cyclical. We were very lucky that we dominated for so long, now we've come back to the field.

Back