• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Pathetic from England, we've really been schooled since that first day. Amla hitting a triple hundred on this pitch and we start off 67-4.

He's Indian! ;)

He was born in SA, Durban has a massive Indian community. Besides that - he's a very humble person in real life and for me (personally) one of the most likeable people in the squad compared to some of the other arrogant ****s I couldn't stand. Couldn't happent to a nicer fella, imv

Tahir is the only 'naturalised' one, afaic

The long tail could work wonders for us.

I doubt we'll bat the entire day, however i also doubt we'll be behind the SA total before we are all out.

It's going to go very close to the wire. Personally i think they'll manage a draw.

If we can keep these two in until the new ball, we have a shot. If we are 7 down when thier seamers get thier hands on the new ball we are in trouble

If we can keep these two in until the new ball, we have a shot. If we are 7 down when thier seamers get thier hands on the new ball we are in trouble

Man down!

Though Prior stuck around and played more defensively then he usually does. Decent innings.

Seems like that 6th batsman spot is a bit of trouble for us, whether its Bopara, Morgan or Bairstow. Looking at the players around the 6th position with KP, Prior, Bresnan, I wonder if we could find a safe hand ala Collingwood to put in the middle order who is able to play a defensive innings in a match like this when the chips are down. Even when we are on top a player like that could hold down one end and keep rotating the strike and allow the likes of Pietersen or Prior to smash it around the park when we are ahead

Seems like that 6th batsman spot is a bit of trouble for us, whether its Bopara, Morgan or Bairstow. Looking at the players around the 6th position with KP, Prior, Bresnan, I wonder if we could find a safe hand ala Collingwood to put in the middle order who is able to play a defensive innings in a match like this when the chips are down. Even when we are on top a player like that could hold down one end and keep rotating the strike and allow the likes of Pietersen or Prior to smash it around the park when we are ahead

"England's number six Test batsman this year: 22, 0, 18, 4, 16, 29, 9, 2, 31, 10, 0, 3, 14, 24. Ave 13. Steven Finn's international batting ave: 14."

They won't be able to stay in no. But only being 42 runs behind they could still make things irritating for SA..

I guess the best we can hope for now is the tail stays in for around 20 overs and somehow grab a lead of 60 or 70. Even then I think SA takes it

I guess the best we can hope for now is the tail stays in for around 20 overs and somehow grab a lead of 60 or 70. Even then I think SA takes it

True, the point is probably moot now anyway.

Not sure that should have been given out, Review should have to be 100% certain. That was not.

Yeah, can't complain too much because there is a clear noise but hotspot was definitely inconclusive.

A decent rearguard action by Bresnan, alas is was not to be. Only 12 (?) runs short of forcing the SA's to bat once more..

Back