• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The CL Permutations Thread

Young Boys was a brilliant draw for us.

It was in all fairness, we just made hard work of it.

Hearts wasnt a bad draw this season either, plus I think we could have got a lot worse than Rubin,PAOK and Shamrock.

Personally thought Stoke got a 'bitch' of a group

Only Borussia M?Ânchengladbach have qualified for the play-offs so far and Braga, Feyenoord and Motherwell for the 3rd qualifying round.

not likely to change much now though and especially the unseeded teams in the play off round. malaga only have to beat gijon at home to make sure of 4th. udinese 2 points ahead of napoli going into the last game i think

Don't think Panathinaikos are sure to qualify (could be PAOK!) Turkey depends on the result of Galatasaray v Fenerbahce. There are still 4 games left in Romanian league. And if unseeded teams win in the 3rd qualifying round, as 3 of them did last year and as Young Boys did when we drew them, that could promote teams that were previously expected to be unseeded.

Well, Chelsea are now out of it. The worst we can finish is 5th and Saudi Sportswashing Machine HAVE to beat Everton to leapfrog us...

Everton HAVE to win to guarantee finishing above Liverpool.

Pressure is on the Toon...

I feel a bit better tonight... (Just a bit)

3rd, 4th or 5th. We could finish anywhere.

A win against Fulham will see us challenging for 3rd.

A point against Fulham will probably see us sneak into 4th.

A loss...well, Levy would already be clapping his hands with glee at the prospect of facing Tractor Factory Chernomorets in Siberia next season.

I think the fact that the Chelski fans booed the Hillsborough minutes silence in the semi (strange that the media didn't make more of thos before the Final on saturday:-k) and obviously the final itself, plus the 'Goal was it over the line' means Liverpool will be well up for this game and I fully expect to beat Chelsea by at least two clear goals.

I felt before Saturday that Chelski would win the Cup Final but get battered at Anfield. I'm confident part two will happen as well.

I wont blow my own trumpet.... :-"

What happens if Gooners lose by 1 goal and we draw with fulham? we'd both have a plus 24 GD so is it decided by the head to head or goals for?

Goals for... they'd have a '+6/7' over us... and we all know where that 6-point swing came from!!

If it comes down to GD/GS, then the weak-minded capitulations against both City (1st game) and ArseAnal (THAT game) coupled with our stubborn refusal to give teams a good 'Wigan-esque' thumping when we had the chance, (home games against Villa, Everton & Bolton spring to mind) will haunt me forever... I'd rather just lose on points and be done with it! (mind you, some of the points WE'VE casually/carelessly tossed away this season would probably hurt just as much!)

Was thinking about parallels with the final day of season 2005/06

Spurs in 4th place 1 point ahead of Arsenal.
Spurs play away to 9th placed West Ham.
Arsenal play at home to 10th placed Wigan.
5th placed side Arsenal in CL final

Season 2011/12

Arsenal in 3rd place 1pt ahead of Spurs
Arsenal play away to 10th placed West Brom.
Spurs play at home to 9th placed Fulham.
6th placed side Chelsea in CL final.

Any other similarities?

3rd, 4th or 5th. We could finish anywhere.

A win against Fulham will see us challenging for 3rd.

A point against Fulham will probably see us sneak into 4th.

A loss...well, Levy would already be clapping his hands with glee at the prospect of facing Tractor Factory Chernomorets in Siberia next season.

Not for definite. We could still literally fall over the line into 4th (we dont want to have to, but we really could). Only a Saudi Sportswashing Machine can deny us 4th place, a draw is no good to them. So we could in fact lose and still finish 4th thanks to that result last night, again, not that we would like it that way.

Given that my predictions are always always wrong, I'll call it as follows:

West Brom 0-3 Arse
Spurs 1-2 Fulham.

There you go.

As much as I hate it, I can't see Arse losing. West Brom will be thinking about their holidays and the manager is already out scouting on England duties. They might get an unlucky 0-0 though if the football gods want to reset the balance for their lasagna meddling.
[-o<

As much as I hate it, I can't see Arse losing. West Brom will be thinking about their holidays and the manager is already out scouting on England duties. They might get an unlucky 0-0 though if the football gods want to reset the balance for their lasagna meddling.
[-o<

There are a lot in the camp that think that way, but I took a lot of heart from their comeback at Bolton, a lot of teams would struggle to recover from 2-0 down at Bolton late one, let alone a team that really are not supposed to be bothered.

I certainly think they are in with an outside chance of a draw, cant see them winning, but then again the way these last few weeks have gone, you cant predict anything

Back