• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

No, I was just giving my personal opinion on the Nexus S. These things get old unfortunately. The SGS3 looks wonderful as it was built to interact with humans. The screen dims when you're not looking at it! It has a personal assistant, similar to Siri, although better. You can say to it "take a photo" and it will.

No, I was just giving my personal opinion on the Nexus S. These things get old unfortunately. The SGS3 looks wonderful as it was built to interact with humans. The screen dims when you're not looking at it! It has a personal assistant, similar to Siri, although better. You can say to it "take a photo" and it will.

Cool, can I recommend you don't do those things in public though

The gs3 is awesome but svoice is like siri but crapper, both are brick though

The galaxy nexus running jelly bean looks fantastic! Not had a chance to check out the nexus 7 yet but if it's anywhere near as nicely done then should be great.

I have the Galaxy S, and on my device Jelly Bean's running too slow

Factory reset it,probably as much to do with a years worth of updates on top of each other and on top of all those apps and settimgs changes as it is a lack of power.

Daugher needs dvd player, perhaps better off with Android tablet...which one?

Okay so Ipad wise, I'll probably get one at some point (if I can justify it just for reading comics) and it's overkill (and too expensive) to purchase one just for my two year old daughter to enjoy the likes of Nemo, Monsters Inc, Peppa Pig etc...however, an Android tablet (with accompanying sturdy case) is easily done. And when's she's napping, daddy can catch up on the latest issue of < insert dark and brooding comic monthly here >.

So, considering I'm an Apple users, need some of you geek-droids to share the wealth of knowledge.

I'm not going to lie, you'll struggle putting a DVD in a tablet
bush.jpg

In case any other jokes roll in...

tablet = downloaded movies thus no need for dvd player

dvd player = tons of dvds to be carried around with said player

But you knew that ;)

The nexus 7 sounds like a good choice for you. Only android tablet that is really a 'bargain' rather than just cheap! Particularly a good size for a kid too. Until a new reactive range of better value android tablets come out I can't see an advantage in any of the others. The transformer range are great but keyboards don't sound any use to you and they're priced too high.

Nexus 7 is awesome

You can stream all your films to the device, from a PC or NAS

Its great for games too

If you have any questions just ask, as I've been using one for a while now

The nexus 7 sounds like a good choice for you. Only android tablet that is really a 'bargain' rather than just cheap! Particularly a good size for a kid too. Until a new reactive range of better value android tablets come out I can't see an advantage in any of the others. The transformer range are great but keyboards don't sound any use to you and they're priced too high.

Have you seen CM have started working on Jelly Bean already?

Have you seen CM have started working on Jelly Bean already?

Yeah it's out for the touchpad but it doesn't sound like it's a very working version yet!

I installed the cm9 nighties last week and the version i'm running is excellent, much more polished and faster than the alpha :)

Yeah it's out for the touchpad but it doesn't sound like it's a very working version yet!

I installed the cm9 nighties last week and the version i'm running is excellent, much more polished and faster than the alpha :)

Yeah, looks like it literally browses and that's about it. No graphics acceleration, video or even sound yet!

I installed a nightly for the first time this morning. Got to say, I'm not really that impressed. Still can't handle HD films that I have installed, still no camera. Only real difference seems to be wifi not dropping out anymore.

Back