• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

Bit of a shame it's not got one. You reckon the 8gig model will have enough on board storage for you?

A lot of people are doing away with SD cards on devices now, HTC are ditching them in most of their Android devices.

In fact connectivity in general seems to be getting ditched a lot, I saw an iPad the other day and it doesnt even have a USB port. I dont know how people could spend so much money on a device that doesnt have one.

Nexus devices never have sd card support, something I've always found strange. Though as much as I couldn't deal without it on a phone I could probably do without sd support on a tablet as I stream most things from my PC or spotify to mine.

It's not really much great shakes to have to use a USB cable instead of a flash card, not really bothered about portable storage for a tablet. As you say Ginolius, I do a lot of Netflix/Spotify streaming anyway

Bargain netbooks

I'm looking for a bargain netbook for work that does all the basics. I simply need it for Microsoft Office and a few other things so anyone know any great deal (looking to pay less than £200 tb as it's for work and nothing else).

If it's needed for work, why won't they supply you with one?

Long story but basically my work laptop decided to stop working. I've got a presentation in a few weeks and the boss has told me i can buy something for £200 which will be paid for by the company. It's just a stop gap until they get me another working laptop.

So anyway no great deals? i've since bid on a netbook on ebay.

yeah got a good one myself, dual-core, 2gb memory, 250gb HD. Only cost about £150 but that's in Vietnam 8-[

Back