• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

Well I need to be able to run in design, lightroom and football manager on whatever I own and I'm guessing they will only run on full windows and possibly a MAC but I dont want a MAC.

See I don't get the iPad, my gf has one and it has a lovely screen I must admin but other than sending a few emails, viewing pics/videos and browsing the net there isn't much else you can do on them and £400 seems an excessive price to pay for that. The Nexus is less than half the price although it does have a slightly smaller screen.

Yeah you're probably right but I bought mine for a specific role - to go with this http://www.numark.com/product/idjpro

Still prefer these babies though

Technics SL1210 Mk2top.jpg

(one downside of the iPad is I have no idea how to get the properties of a pic so I can post it in here!)

The problem with that numark controller is I bought the pad in march fr £659 and the iDJ Pro STILL hasn't been released grrrrr

Ps I prefer my babies ---> Insert image here of vestax pdx d3 mk2 ;)

(one downside of the iPad is I have no idea how to get the properties of a pic so I can post it in here!)

The problem with that numark controller is I bought the pad in march fr £659 and the iDJ Pro STILL hasn't been released grrrrr

Ps I prefer my babies ---> Insert image here of vestax pdx d3 mk2 ;)

- open image in browser
- copy the URL
- click the "insert image" button in the post editor
- paste the URL
- boom

Very nice!!! See that's what an iPad should be for.

Most of the people I see though, use it for emails / web browsing!

£500 notes is a lot of dough for web browsing

Digressing a little, I find the same with iphones, many youngsters (oh alright, my daughter and her friends) have them as they're the phone to have but cannot use the simplest of functions such as setting a reminder in the calendar.

PS, got my Nexus 7 a couple of weeks ago, best thing since sliced bread in my bumbling opinion.

Digressing a little, I find the same with iphones, many youngsters (oh alright, my daughter and her friends) have them as they're the phone to have but cannot use the simplest of functions such as setting a reminder in the calendar.

PS, got my Nexus 7 a couple of weeks ago, best thing since sliced bread in my bumbling opinion.

You mean such as setting a reminder in the calendar for things they cannot be arsed to do;)

If only, no, important things like driving tests and holidays as well.

He, ah well, missing holidays tends to learn em. I bet if you look closely she probably has an exel spread sheet for shoe and dress rotation that would make MIT students drop a gasket :)

Does windows 8 not come into it

I notice Sony site are giving an upgrade to windows 8 for £14.99 if you buy an ultra book now.

Does windows 8 not come into it

I notice Sony site are giving an upgrade to windows 8 for £14.99 if you buy an ultra book now.

It will only cost £40 to upgrade anyway.

I'd rather wait and get something that has purposely been built around Windows 8 plus when it launches there will be much newer devices around and better deals.

Is that ultra book even touch optimised?

Yes, an Nex7 too - easier to handle than a ten inch (hehe), faster than an iPad, so much cheaper and if I need to do anything more complex then I just go on the computer or the laptop ... I love it ... seriously ... plus Dead Trigger is cool. People sitting next to me on trains with iPads get on my tits also - Nex7 a little more discreet.

Amazon just made things interesting.... They may be ignoring enterprise entirely but as a media consumption device it looks like they just nailed it! Very impressive announcements.

Back