• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Badger's Hole (ITK Thread)

I can see Caulker, Hudd and Livermore being Sherwood's Keane, Defoe and Kaboul (i.e. the players Redknapp brought back a few months after Ramos had sold them). Caulker especially though is one of Sherwood's players.

:lol: Not even in my worst nightmares do I imagine him bringing them back.

I can see Caulker, Hudd and Livermore being Sherwood's Keane, Defoe and Kaboul (i.e. the players Redknapp brought back a few months after Ramos had sold them). Caulker especially though is one of Sherwood's players.

this is a joke, right?

this is a joke, right?

All managers love bring in their old players (Redknapp - Defoe, Parker, Crouch, Krancjar and tried with Cole; AVB - tried with Moutinho and Hulk).

It just happens that Sherwood's old players are our former youth (and reserves training with them, including Ade) team players.

Well, Livermore is only a loan. I can definitely see Sherwood looking to keep him next year if he's still our manager.

Assuming they would want similar money to what they paid us for Caulker though, do you really think we would pay that? Look at our CB business over the summer - sold Caulker, sign Chiriches and made a profit. I think Baldini could find better than Caulker abroad for the same money

Well, Livermore is only a loan. I can definitely see Sherwood looking to keep him next year if he's still our manager.

Really? Another defensive/holding midfielder in addition to Sandro, Capoue and Dembele? I can see us bringing Carroll back as, even setting aside my view that he's far more promising that Livermore, he would give us better balance in CM

All managers love bring in their old players (Redknapp - Defoe, Parker, Crouch, Krancjar and tried with Cole; AVB - tried with Moutinho and Hulk).

It just happens that Sherwood's old players are our former youth (and reserves training with them, including Ade) team players.

Which wouldn't include the players you mentioned because they were all first team players when Sherwood took over responsibility for the kids

I'd be quite surprised if Sherwood will have the final say on the players we sign in January (assuming we sign anyone at all). If anything, the change of managers is likely to increase Baldini's influence.

Ali Z on COYS:

Will get busier, we won't do much in, might be a few outs, most we will do is 2 in, money is there, players not.

Have no news on a striker, but Livermore deal likely to be done, if we get asking price, Carrol will be recalled. Left back usual suspects as well as few young uns like Cresswell being looked at, Baines and Shaw not likely to move now but Baines to UTD in the summer, Shaw to chelsea is more than likely, doubt Contreao will come now AVB is gone and we are looking at adding young British talent as we are getting low on numbers and with Defoe's likely departure we will will another 1 down.

The Goat hears that the club have had talks with a young striker playing in Holland. No other details were given but said he was young (under 21) and that it would be as a squad player not a major signing.

JJetset:

I doubt we will be bringing in any players just yet. If at all.
Very quiet and 3 weeks to go, so we will see what happens.
Depends on our injury list too obviously and players returning.
Maybe a few loans.

Anyone else worried about the lack of ITK this winter so far? Is that because we have plugged the holes or that after splurging the cash in the summer DL has locked away his wallet? I hope it is the former and not the latter!

Anyone else worried about the lack of ITK this winter so far? Is that because we have plugged the holes or that after splurging the cash in the summer DL has locked away his wallet? I hope it is the former and not the latter!

- Temporary manager who got the job by saying he didn't need to spend money and would use the youth team instead
- We have to sell before we buy and Defoe is looking like the only significant outgoing
- Our biggest onfield problem is trying to integrate too many new players (having turned over 15 of our squad in the last 18 months), so new arrivals would just make this worse.

It's quiet on rumours because we're not going to be doing any business.

The old school ITKs are all but gone. Some of them have lost whatever source they had and others can't be bothered anymore. On twitter you'll probably find a nice little circle jerk going on with the usual suspects from the new breed.

We have so many players still bedding in that signing another 2 or 3 would just complicate matters, particuarly when we already have a big enough squad!

Can't remember where but one of them said today we were currently looking at 3 strikers (one which would be unpopular). Can't remember who or where but Jords might have seen it. It's been a busy day.

I assumed the unpopular one had to be either Berbatov or someone a bit s**t

EDIT: Found it.

Who: Gards
Where Twitter
When: 8th Jan

3 on the radar! Sherwood May stick to HK. One would be unpopular but is good

Thing is though, he didnt need his wallet in summer, thanks mainly to the Bale deal IIRC we actually made a profit on all our dealings. So really we should still have our TV money to spend, but I suppose thats all gone into the stadium piggy bank..

Thing is though, he didnt need his wallet in summer, thanks mainly to the Bale deal IIRC we actually made a profit on all our dealings. So really we should still have our TV money to spend, but I suppose thats all gone into the stadium piggy bank..

Not sure that we did make a profit when you include signing on fees and extra wages.

We have so many players still bedding in that signing another 2 or 3 would just complicate matters, particuarly when we already have a big enough squad!

Double edged sword.

If we bring in another left back, either as first choice or as cover for Rose then it's more likely that we won't have to shift Vertonghen to left back. Gives us a better chance of playing a settle centre back pairing and that might help the team and some of the new players.

Somewhat similar a proper cover or competition for Ade could give us enough striking options so that we actually have a target for long balls up top even without Ade. Might help us play better football and help some of our more creative attacking players.

A proper playmaker in the centre of the pitch might find the right passes to play to some of our creative players and that again might help them. Although it could be that Bentaleb or Carroll gets more game time in a role like that.

Back