• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Has Demba Ba been mentioned?

Any chance of us getting him?

Could be a very good deal for the right price I think, probably unlikely that Chelsea will even answer the phone I suppose.

- No insurance, so too high-risk for Levy
- And yeah - Chelsea

A loan deal though?

I doubt Chelsea see us as a direct threat in the league vs them, a loan to us could help us pick up points against their title rivals. Loan means no injury risk for Levy and relatively low cost?

I'm calling this one extremely likely ;)

I agree with that. Loan players to teams below you and hope their performances against your competitors take points off of them. Then there's the bonus of the loan team not being able to play as well without the players we loaned them when they play us.

I agree with that. Loan players to teams below you and hope their performances against your competitors take points off of them. Then there's the bonus of the loan team not being able to play as well without the players we loaned them when they play us.

Definitely what they did with Lukaku and it has worked in one respect, although I doubt they expected Everton to be so close to Chelsea right now.
Such a shame we didnt get him in on loan

If Pochettino joins Cortese in departing St.Mary's, then we should seriously consider bidding for Lambert. He''ll be 32 soon, but his attributes (strength, intelligence, aerial ability, finishing) aren't likely to age as quickly as, say, pace, acceleration or agility, and given our need for a hold-up man to complement Ade and Soldado up front (unless Kane is given a greater role in the side), he seems perfectly suited for our needs, doubly so due to his being English as well and so both bumping our home-grown quota a bit more and getting some brownie points from the jingoistic English media in the run-up to Brazil.

I doubt we'll need to pay much for him, and I doubt he'll demand too much in wages given his apparently low base salary at Southampton (according to the Mirror (I know, I know), West Ham are willing to double his weekly salary to 65k a week, which should be well within our range). The only possible obstacle would come from Lambert's desire for regular football in the run up to the summer, but hey, he'll also be at a more prominent club and likely won't have to strive as much to gain Hodgson's eye if the logic about Defoe losing his World Cup spot because he's moved to Toronto works in reverse as well.

We could get a good two or three years out of the guy if we use him well, and we'd **** off West Ham as well. Everyone wins. :D

Of course, what is more likely is that either Kane gets given a larger role by Sherwood or Baldini pulls another Argentinean wonderkid out of his **** like he did with Samuel, Batistuta and Lamela (twice). Still, it's an option we should consider, imo.

Gomis would be perfect and not over budget. Honestly i'd havé just about half of Lyons first 11 at the moment, they are so fluid in attack.

Gomis is good technically and a beast to rival Sandro and could play alone uptop in à 4-5-1 or fill in for Ade when necessary.

That's irrelevant in this case. The relevant facts are that he will be in court in February (unless he gets another extension to his bail) and there is a chance that he may spend a few years behind bars.

That should be plenty of reason to stay well clear.

Presumably the court case will be delayed until the summer a la John Terry as it may interfere with his ability to do his job or some such rubbish?

Re: Remy / Vucinic

Definitely to start with. The introduction of Modric, Rafa and Ade slowly improved things, but few of our others players were that comfortable on the ball. AVB definitely did a big job of upgrading across the board in that respect.

okay, i guess you're allowed your opinion

No chance of getting Bony in January I would think. But perhaps we could tempt Michu with a sneaky little January bid?

While we're at we could also test Swansea's resilience with a Ben Davies offer...

I don't think either is very likely mind.

Not that he's complete, but I'd go for Bony, like we should have done in the summer.

You were bigger him up in the summer and I did think we were gonna be in for him too

Chelsea were rumoured at some point because of their tie in with his old club IIRC

He works bloody hard and can shoot from range. I don't think he is clinical enough in the area for us though... Buy he went for a pretty fair price by modern standards and would be an upgrade on Defoe IMO due to his age and ability to are an impact in the league whoever him and Ade will both be off to the African nations whenever that next is

You were bigger him up in the summer and I did think we were gonna be in for him too

Chelsea were rumoured at some point because of their tie in with his old club IIRC

He works bloody hard and can shoot from range. I don't think he is clinical enough in the area for us though... Buy he went for a pretty fair price by modern standards and would be an upgrade on Defoe IMO due to his age and ability to are an impact in the league whoever him and Ade will both be off to the African nations whenever that next is

Just one thing I would say is that I don't think Ade is exactly what you would call a clinical finisher either.. He's done well of late but there's also been times where he would miss 2-3 sitters a game.

Do think Bony would be a good upgrade on our strikeforce and would bridge the gap in talent between Ade/Soldado and our next option Kane.

For those of you who like Bony though I would just ask again that you watch one Lyon game and tell me what you think of Gomis. I think he is quite similar to Bony but has a bit more technique. They are both physical beasts and I think that's an added bonus these days upfront.

Obligatory Youtube vid...

Seriously just watch a full game with him and Lyon. He's got a lot of Ade in him (I'd say with better movement) and could lead the line by himself

[video=youtube;Fnu3iR_S1AU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnu3iR_S1AU[/video]

Seen enough of Gomis to know that he isn't good enough for us. He's certainly good enough to come and sit on the bench, but I doubt we'd spend money on him just to sit on the bench and I doubt he'd be happy.

Watching United tonight I'd still say Hernandes would be a great buy, a Defoe upgrade unquestionably. He's marginalised at Man U and a transfer would probably be on the guards as part of their rebuilding.

Back