• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Lukaku

Remy

Bony

Michu

Benteke

Jackson Martinez

Gignac

Welbeck

Thoughts??? I think there are plenty of options. How many are we after? Who do you think should be our main priorities and why?

Depends so much on who stays and who goes and what our manager wants our system to be.

If our new manager wants a lone striker and Ade leaves we will be desperate for a big strong striker. If we trust Ade and he stay stays and Soldado leaves we could be more flexible in who we get. If both stay we might just keep Kane too and cross our fingers.

Lukaku for me would be the no-brainer first choice of those listed there. Even if we didn't have problems up front he would be a target for me. Absolutely rare combination of world class potential and Premier League experience, if that can be bought then buy it. Also a very rare combination of height, strength, pace and goalscoring.

If he can't be gotten it's a lot closer between the rest apart from Gignac and (partly because of cost) Welbeck. Although Jackson Martinez is probably someone that should be up there with Lukaku I think he will be out of our reach financially unless we make some big sales.

Could possibly add to that list: Dzeko, Mandzukic and probably a few more.

I really rate Michu, gives some physical strength, but also a lot of skill and potential goals. Can play multiple positions. Him and Lukaku would make me very excited.

Soldado and Ade for me (with Kane and Coulthirst as back-up).

Not a priority and no really good value options out there (much like last summer).

Baldini is very welcome to go and sign the 'next Higuain' South American teenager for the future though of course.

i remember when you used to put the effort in Diego - your striker dossier is but a faded memory :(

In a dream world, this +Remy as wide option

Just can't see us spending the money, with other issues to tend to (LB, CM plus squad cover)

Yeah, this is key.

You can't buy a decent CF for under £25m, and with no windfall expected (unlike the last two summers), we just don't have the funds for that.

Instead we should just let Baldini buy a £3m South American teenager to succeed Soldado and Ade in 2 years' time.

Yeah, this is key.

You can't buy a decent CF for under £25m, and with no windfall expected (unlike the last two summers), we just don't have the funds for that.

Instead we should just let Baldini buy a £3m South American teenager to succeed Soldado and Ade in 2 years' time.

I agree, pipe dreams aside, smart investment says

Keep Ade for one more year (contract year, so hopefully he plays motivated)
Keep Soldado for another year as well, good chance in right system he could come good.
Either rotate Kane, or give him a year out at a PL club
Buy a young/cheap striker as bench option

Yeah, this is key.

Not sure about that.

If we do end up selling Soldado I would expect us to get around £15m for him at the very least. Selling Ade won't bring in much, a couple of million perhaps, but it would clear up massive amounts of money on the wage budget.

We have a fairly bloated midfield and attacking midfield. Especially if we trust youngsters like Bentaleb, Carroll (and Kane as a number 10 backup). Could see us selling Sig, one of Paulinho/Dembele and possibly one more. That could bring in some cash.

So it all depends on what we have to pay for players elsewhere.

I also don't think it's inconceivable that we have a £15-20m net spend this season, extra TV-money and all that and I'm sure we could swing the financials in our situation.

I'm not even sure about not being able to buy a decent CF for under £25m. When Redknapp succeeded at first it was with Crouch and Defoe. Clearly at least "decent" strikers! Names like Bony, Michu, Remy, and others wouldn't have to be in the £25m+ category. Considering that we've gotten a grand total of 19 goals from Ade, Soldado and Kane this season we wouldn't have to bring in Benzema and Falcao to see an improvement I think.

I would look to the German league meant to be a decent striker at Augsburg I am sure there would be others out there, we need to find a new berbatov so why not look in the country where we found him.

They promote skilful and technical players out there, also been a big fan of Dzeko myself not sure if city would sell to us. Think we should have gone for him instead of ade myself.

Berardi 19 year old striker from Juve but on loan at Sassuolo this season we were linked with him earlier in the season. You would hope having Baldini would help us with signings like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ardi-scores-19-minute-hat-trick-Sassuolo.html

Maybe the new Morata who is young and taleneted but now probably to well know for us to be able to sign so we should go after this lad before his stock rises to much.

Lukaku with Soldado and shift Adebayor.

LOL, as if you'd shift Adebayor and keep Soldado. Where would we be this season if it wasn't for Adebayor. He's our best striker by about a million, gazillion miles. He is so much better than Soldado it hurts harder than being punched in the balls by a polar bear on steroids.

LOL, as if you'd shift Adebayor and keep Soldado. Where would we be this season if it wasn't for Adebayor. He's our best striker by about a million, gazillion miles. He is so much better than Soldado it hurts harder than being punched in the balls by a polar bear on steroids.

He'll go on to score 3 open play goals next season and people will be talking about "oh but he's got great movement..let's give him another season".

Back