• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

LOL, as if you'd shift Adebayor and keep Soldado. Where would we be this season if it wasn't for Adebayor. He's our best striker by about a million, gazillion miles. He is so much better than Soldado it hurts harder than being punched in the balls by a polar bear on steroids.

I think the reasons why one might shift Adebayor have been pretty well highlighted in the Ade thread over in SNV...

In the end it depends on the manager. If he feels the can get the best out of Ade, if he feels Ade works in his system or not. If the decisions is made that this is not possible, or desirable, I would certainly not have any problems with it.

If we then chose to sell Soldado or not is to me a very different question.

I think the reasons why one might shift Adebayor have been pretty well highlighted in the Ade thread over in SNV...

In the end it depends on the manager. If he feels the can get the best out of Ade, if he feels Ade works in his system or not. If the decisions is made that this is not possible, or desirable, I would certainly not have any problems with it.

If we then chose to sell Soldado or not is to me a very different question.

Fair play, i mean i wouldn't be distraught if Ade was still on the books next year but there are good reasons to sell him this summer:

*Form he's been in - good chance to get a decent fee
*General reliability - when he's hot, he's hot. When he's not though....
*30 years old now
*Highest earner at the club by a distance

It's just that if we have a choice of losing him or soldado its no contest

Ideal world we swap em both for Lukaku and Rodriguez

I said before Connor Whickham joined Sunderland we should've gone for him, his spell back in the lower divisons has sharpened him up and I'd still like to see him at WHL but only alongside an experienced striker.

I like the look of Wickham, but has he any more potential than Kane and/or Coulhirst?

Haven't seen enough of Couthirst to say but Whickham is far more mobile than Kane and with better control. Kane seems to play better off a central striker and just behind them whereas Whickham can operate right across the line similar to Ade going out wide to pick up the ball.

Nurnberg getting relegated in Germany means that Swiss striker Josip Drmic will definitely leave the club. Way to good for 2. Bundesliga

Has scored 17 goals in 27 appearances this season for a team getting relegated. Only Lewandowski and Mandzukic has scored more goals than him this season.

Only 21 years old and reported to have a £3.5m relegation release clause, which can now be invoked.

This will be one of the snips of the summer.

Nurnberg getting relegated in Germany means that Swiss striker Josip Drmic will definitely leave the club. Way to good for 2. Bundesliga

Has scored 17 goals in 27 appearances this season for a team getting relegated. Only Lewandowski and Mandzukic has scored more goals than him this season.

Only 21 years old and reported to have a £3.5m relegation release clause, which can now be invoked.

Think he might have been the one I was talking about on page 1 of this thread. We should be all of this signing can not go wrong at that price if it does not work out.

On Conor Wickham, maybe Poyet will bring him with him.

Has signed a 5-year contract with Leverkusen today :(

There is no way Soldado can play up top on his own, he isn't quick nor powerful nor tall nor tricky enough. You need *some* of those attributes to succeed. I.e. even little fockers like Suarez and Aguero terrorise defenses with their speed and trickery.

Adebayor is too variable, ranging from sublime to ridiculous in one game. Right now I think he is quite good. In a few weeks I'll be tearing my hair out again.

I would therefore definitely get rid of Soldado and Adebayor asap and go for two Lukaku Bony Michu Benteke types i.e. big powerhouses that can play up top on their own, have played in the Premiership, can also do a key defending job at the back for set pieces (Berba used to head away about half our corners against). I would keep Kane as he costs us about ten pence to keep going, but would not factor him into the 'main' positions.

up front in a 4-5-1 but with back up from AMs? he is tricky enough to hold up the ball and he has proven he can provide a mean assist.+

Someone mentionned Zamora in the general transfer thread. Him or Beckford from that list.

A 31 yr old journey man?? really? for what role?

The comment about Zamora in the general transfer thread and now this one. It is almost like special teams NFL style. OK in theory with 15 minutes to go 'to run at tired defences' but what if Kane gets injured in the first 10 minutes? Would you really want Beckford or Zamora on for 80 minutes? If not they are wasting squad/bench space.

Not even worth it on a 'free'

I look at them as the 3rd choice backup striker. Kane is first choice and ideally we will have someone who can fill in there if Kane gets injured. Zamora/Beckford would be there if both of those players were out.

Miroslav Klose is available as a free agent as well, think he'd be perfect back up. Kane could learn so much from him, and at his age you'd think he wouldn't mind playing abit less.

Who are the next Ings, Austin etc. from the Championship? Any potential there from this season?

It wouldn't surprise me to see Poch bring in Lambert as our back up striker. I think that would be quite sensible really as our 3rd option.

fudge me, we are scraping the bottom, Lambert & Zamora ...

- Lambert might have been worth a punt last season, now he's a year older and his confidence is completely shot (just what we need, another striker who needs his mommy)
- Zamora? he wasn't good enough in his prime, 34 with 12 goals in last 3 years?

Back