• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Hang on, there were actually a few games where GLC looked good. Lively, even, with some nice passing and tackling.

There's more to being a CM than scoring goals and getting assists, and my gut feeling is that GLC did a lot more on the pitch than Ndombele. Not that it's a high bar, unfortunately.

Both examples of players who were found to be psychologically lacking. The lemons don't always get it right.

Hang on, there were actually a few games where GLC looked good. Lively, even, with some nice passing and tackling.

There's more to being a CM than scoring goals and getting assists, and my gut feeling is that GLC did a lot more on the pitch than Ndombele. Not that it's a high bar, unfortunately.

Both examples of players who were found to be psychologically lacking. The lemons don't always get it right.

I think Gio is more of a fit problem and constant international injuries (our other 3 South American internationals often do the same). Fact is without another injury, Gio would be a WC winner and a key part of that team.

Really don't see Ndombele getting more than a token cap here or there for France.

I think Gio is more of a fit problem and constant international injuries (our other 3 South American internationals often do the same). Fact is without another injury, Gio would be a WC winner and a key part of that team.

Really don't see Ndombele getting more than a token cap here or there for France.
I'm including GLC's injuries as part of his mental shortcomings. It never seemed to take much to rule him out for Spurs -- I'm not calling flimflam completely on his "injuries", but rather the old thing about some players not playing unless they're at least 90% while others strap up and get on with it.

Him being so good for a top international side just makes his efforts in Lilywhite worse.

There was a spell during Mourinhos time where Ndombele was starting to have people thinking he might turn things around - it was short lived, but so was GLCs run at the end of the 19/20 season.

There was a spell during Mourinhos time where Ndombele was starting to have people thinking he might turn things around - it was short lived, but so was GLCs run at the end of the 19/20 season.
I remember seeing GLC look OK against a few second rate European teams but not in PL games. Him being weak, slow and very one footed made the fast paced PL game hard for him.

I remember seeing GLC look OK against a few second rate European teams but not in PL games. Him being weak, slow and very one footed made the fast paced PL game hard for him.
Not helped by Mourinho largely playing him on the right as a RWF, pretty much in the same way we play Kulu now. It didn't suit his game at all.

I still wonder exactly what Poch's intentions were. It does seem to the diamond with Ndombele and GLC on either side. Not saying it would have worked but neither player ever really got the chance to play in the system they were bought for or the coach who knew what he wanted from them.

A damn shame in the end as both had talent.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not helped by Mourinho largely playing him on the right as a RWF, pretty much in the same way we play Kulu now. It didn't suit his game at all.

I still wonder exactly what Poch's intentions were. It does seem to the diamond with Ndombele and GLC on either side. Not saying it would have worked but neither player ever really got the chance to play in the system they were bought for or the coach who knew what he wanted from them.

A damn shame in the end as both had talent.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
As I’ve said many times, sacking a man who over delivered for 4 years in a row with hardly any money to spend, early in the season after finally giving him some money to spend but no time to integrate the new players was an incredibly stupid thing to do. I can only imagine where I’d be if I’d got rid of my best traders after they’d had a bad quarter after a number of great years.

Back