• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Biggest waste of money we have seen in our shirt.

You don't say...

Well he has (imo) been a waste of money and it seems his attitude is not the best, i except that we may lose money on the deal but perhaps we can tie him into a deal with players we are going to sign.

The biggest thing he needs to do is get his finger out and start showing his talent/ability on the pitch. So far he has been a complete waste of money ( imo) and he needs a kick up the arse.

The biggest waste of money we have ever paid for a player.

Attitude, and his has stunk the place out since he came here. Biggest waste of money we have ever signed. imo

Said it before but this guy has been our worst signing, complete waste of space and money.

A complete waste of money.

Biggest waste of money we have spent (imo).

Biggest waste of money we have ever spent.He thought he was far better then he actually was,

Biggest waste of money we have seen in our shirt.

;)

No but I’d have signed him 9 out of 10 times if we had the opportunity, when we did
In hindsight, it easy to see that the guys mentally weak. But his talent is there and the way he plays was what we needed, if only he had the application for it

I totally agree with what you said. He was the type of player we were looking to sign at the time. We failed to do our due diligence in identifying what his mentally was like. That's poor scouting.

Remember Mourinho had said when he joined Spurs that he knew Sanchez had a weak mentally from when he played at Ajax.

Mourinho told him to his face, that in the Final against that exciting young Ajax team he told his players to target Sanchez (who was one of their best CB's, as he could see that he was mentally weak).
I don't get how we didn't ship him out then, when we had the chance to.

I totally agree with what you said. He was the type of player we were looking to sign at the time. We failed to do our due diligence in identifying what his mentally was like. That's poor scouting.

Remember Mourinho had said when he joined Spurs that he knew Sanchez had a weak mentally from when he played at Ajax.

Mourinho told him to his face, that in the Final against that exciting young Ajax team he told his players to target Sanchez (who was one of their best CB's, as he could see that he was mentally weak).
I don't get how we didn't ship him out then, when we had the chance to.
Think @Bedfordspurs was talking about Ndombele

re Sanchez, Jose targeted him because his control and passing weren’t as good as the other Ajax players.

bearing in mind Jose said that after taking over as his manager, is it not more likely that he was doing it to get a reaction from the player?

he can be accused of many things, but he was always pragmatic

It probably was at the time...and a good manager will try and sus out what he really has in his hands to deal with.

Ultimately it's about the mentally of the player. I know people's mentally can change with age and personal experiences, but some players have a fragility which will never really reach the heights needed to take the team to becoming a top 3 side.

bearing in mind Jose said that after taking over as his manager, is it not more likely that he was doing it to get a reaction from the player?

Nope. The way Jose is spoken about on here,
much like Conte now, is that he was just an arch villain who's sole purpose was to be unpleasant to high profile athletes and deliberately sabotage clubs that hired him, and any success he achieved was a total fluke of circumstance.

Back to N'dombele, even if he may not have had the best game at least he's being picked for this kind of occasion. Whatever people on the internet say about him about his weight / attitude, he's pretty much nailed on to come back having won a league title in one of the top leagues. A quick wiki shows he's made 27 league apps so it's not like he's been just sitting on his arse. Doesn't mean Tanguy is going to be any use to us but hopefully will help get him sold...

much like Conte now, is that he was just an arch villain who's sole purpose was to be unpleasant to high profile athletes and deliberately sabotage clubs that hired him, and any success he achieved was a total fluke of circumstance.

Back to N'dombele, even if he may not have had the best game at least he's being picked for this kind of occasion. Whatever people on the internet say about him about his weight / attitude, he's pretty much nailed on to come back having won a league title in one of the top leagues. A quick wiki shows he's made 27 league apps so it's not like he's been just sitting on his arse. Doesn't mean Tanguy is going to be any use to us but hopefully will help get him sold...

I don't think he's coming back. The loan deal at the time was reported as being an obligation if they qualified for CL. And they now need 1 point from their final 8 games to be mathematically qualified

Yeah but his style clearly doesn't have the impact it used to. So probably not the best thing to say to someone who might be short on confidence.

Not sure Conte is spoken about like that? Jose is marmite you either love him or hate him. I am more in the former camp than latter, but his powers have been on the wane for sometime now.

No but I’d have signed him 9 out of 10 times if we had the opportunity, when we did
In hindsight, it easy to see that the guys mentally weak. But his talent is there and the way he plays was what we needed, if only he had the application for it

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20 but the lad is insanely talented. He has that rare skill for a CM that Gazza and Dembele had. He can beat a player and keep the ball under pressure.

With his talent, any top manager would really fancy being able to get him performing. Unfortunately, it wasn’t to be.

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20 but the lad is insanely talented. He has that rare skill for a CM that Gazza and Dembele had. He can beat a player and keep the ball under pressure.

With his talent, any top manager would really fancy being able to get him performing. Unfortunately, it wasn’t to be.
Exactly that, interesting using this Tap app gizmo it logs you in many times into the first page if each thread...interesting who said what when, Sanchez one is particularly enlightening

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back