• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FourFourTom ‏@FourFourTom
Silvio Berlusconi confirms that both Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have signed for PSG.

FourFourTom ‏@FourFourTom
Silvio Berlusconi confirms that both Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have signed for PSG.

good job we finalised Vertonghen this week. Milan were heavily linked with him, and even though he really wanted to come here who knows what a late surge of interest and money from Milan could have done to his mind

I wonder if they know about Frances 75% tax rate for earners over a million euros and how thus how much they are getting paid to make it worth their while.

300,000 Euros a week maybe?

Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic, Pastore, Silva, Alex, Nene, Menez, Gameiro. They mean business next year. In fact add Modric to that and they will can potentially be there in the CL.

I wonder if they know about Frances 75% tax rate for earners over a million euros and how thus how much they are getting paid to make it worth their while.

300,000 Euros a week maybe?

apparently all the players will be paid in accounts in Qatar, so bypassing french tax laws...amazing

Reports circulating that Fabio Borini will be confirmed as a Liverpool player in the next 48 hours, for a reported €13mil fee

A year ago he was available for a minimal development fee.

Agent_WHU ‏@Agent_WHU
West Ham United FC will be holding very important talks tomorrow over hopeful signing of a foreign striker who can also operate as a winger.

Reports circulating that Fabio Borini will be confirmed as a Liverpool player in the next 48 hours, for a reported €13mil fee

A year ago he was available for a minimal development fee.

Brendan Rodgers see's something him I suppose. Got him when they got promoted to the Premier League and he done well at Championship level, I think he tried signing him for Swansea last year but obviously he chose Roma over them. Gone for him again this time looks like signing him for Liverpool.

The transfer of Ibra and Thiago Silva was predicted in yesterday's L'Equipe (which I read avidly whenever in France). They suggested that Thiago Silva would receive about 9M euros per year after tax whereas Ibrahimovic would get in excess of 12M euros per year after tax. It seems that they got a tip off from Maxwell that this move could be on. PSG tried earlier in May to make the deal but were then stonewalled by AC Milan but a third party had smoothed the deal.
Interestingly they also ran a correction of Tuesdays edition (which carried the Lloris to Spurs story) saying that they had incorrectly stated that Spurs would play in the champion's league in the upcoming season. Perhaps Lloris believed this as well and on finding out the true facts has pulled back from an immediate transfer?

Players, agents, clubs etc. wouldn't be that retarded not to know we aren't in the CL next year... surely.

Fabregas, Silva and Nasri all play in a different position (more attacking) and in a different formation. Even Xavi plays in a different formation, he's not deep CM in a 4-4-2, he's usually got Busquets and or Mascherano behind him.

And for me Luka was streets ahead of Scholes last season, Scholes looked great on MotD but I saw a few of their games when he played and the game passed him by a few times.

To be honest who would you compare Modric to then? Effectively they are all playmakers with slightly different styles of play. Wouldn't mind if Modric became more like the others. He doesn't tackle or score enough goals or assist directly enough goals. If that's the case surely he needs to dictate play more. The others mentioned tend to do that. We'll have to agree to disagree on Scholes I think he is one of the best midfield playmakers of his generation and continued to show that last season. Don't get me wrong the playmaker role is very important to our style of play which needs a linking midfielder its just that I think Modric could do more. I still point to our struggles last season where he failed to grab games by the scruff of the neck and carry us through. At times we lacked invention in the final third I point to the blackburn game at the lane and QPR away for example. I never felt Modric could turn the game.

Swedish club AIK are now worried over potential low attendance in their friendly against AC Milan without national hero Zlatan.

Milan will no doubt look towards Emirates Marketing Project for their Ibra replacement. Tevez or Dzeko most likely.

Back