• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Milan will no doubt look towards Emirates Marketing Project for their Ibra replacement. Tevez or Dzeko most likely.

Dzeko would love it. He is a big fan of Italian football, i think is an AC fan too, and he wanted to go to Italy when he was looking to leave Wolfburg, but then Emirates Marketing Project came in and blew everyone else out of the water with their offer

Modibo Maiga is a Malian footballer. He currently plays for Sochaux. He is a forward who can play as a winger.

Think this might be the West Ham target. Failed a medical at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December.

Football Juice ‏@Football_Juice
Tottenham's young midfielder Tom Carroll is set to go out on loan this season, with Huddersfield Town interested.

West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News
West Ham have made a bid for Swedish centre half Jonas Olsson (via @johno909)

Reports circulating that Fabio Borini will be confirmed as a Liverpool player in the next 48 hours, for a reported €13mil fee

A year ago he was available for a minimal development fee.

Haha, Fabio who? Yeah, sounds like that great big signing they were talking about, allright. :p

Just got back from the pub after having a few pints with the old man and his friend that works at Norwich and he is under the impression that the new gaffer rates Townsend very highly. He did not actually say anything but it seems as though they have been looking at Townsend.

Possible loan?

Dzeko would love it. He is a big fan of Italian football, i think is an AC fan too, and he wanted to go to Italy when he was looking to leave Wolfburg, but then Emirates Marketing Project came in and blew everyone else out of the water with their offer

Dzeko out. Rvp in?

It's exactly what Townsend needs. He's impressed at the lower leagues and in the Championship. He now needs to make the step up to the Premier League like Caulker did and hopefully impress.

I've heard some nice things about Borini - not so much in terms of goalscoring, but work ethic and passing ability, which should help him fit in Rodger's team (much more than Carroll at least). And he's only 21, so 13m euros for him now isn't unreasonable given the resale value.

Adrian would be an okay buy for us at the right price, though his goalscoring record is pretty mediocre even from the wings (about 1 in 4, with barely 0.1 crosses per game, so he's not really playing like a conventional winger...on Whoscored it shows he's been playing FW and the deeper AMR and AML positions, not so much wing forward). I'd think we need a more prolific wing forward rather than another wide midfielder, but it's possible AVB's seen something in him to suggest he'd thrive in England.

Just got back from the pub after having a few pints with the old man and his friend that works at Norwich and he is under the impression that the new gaffer rates Townsend very highly. He did not actually say anything but it seems as though they have been looking at Townsend.

Possible loan?

Seeing as the gaffer is Chris Hughton who had Townsend on loan at Birmingham last season it sounds very likely.

It's exactly what Townsend needs. He's impressed at the lower leagues and in the Championship. He now needs to make the step up to the Premier League like Caulker did and hopefully impress.

I have seen nothing to suggest Townsend will ever be Premiership quality. I've seen even less to suggest he'd make it as an inside forward in a 4-3-3.

Back