• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
akqayid ‏@akqayid
The French became close when the Tunnel opened. It become a lot closer tonight. #SCITK

You are right, and the problem with assists is it relies on someone scoring. Modric has more 'key passes' than David Silva, top of the league actually.. but a low assist stat. It's because he's involved in the move just not the final ball. Same applies to Moutinho.

I think it's nice to note that both Moutinho and Modric had an average of 2.7 key passes per game last season, the former regarding the CL and the latter the PL, with similar overall passing stats (66 vs 70 passes per game); the competitions are not really comparable, but keep in mind Moutinho's also more defensively-minded...for example, 8 versus 4 tackles+interceptions per game on average.

Now that doesn't really say anything about vision or playmaking ability, which I highly doubt could reach Luka's level, but Moutinho was by far Porto's highest passer and key passer in the CL. He's not going to come below 20m, but if we can't get Sahin or even Bilbao's Benat at a better price then I think Moutinho's worth it, esp given the trust between him and AVB. There will be no motivation problems with this one, and I think that's important given AVB's problems last season.

I know people think Moutinho's a downgrade given that Modric was the second highest chance-creator in the PL last season and undoubtedly the heartbeat of our team, but he also brings other qualities that would change our overall chemistry. Perhaps VdV wouldn't drop so deep if he had Mou + Sandro/ Parker in midfield. And we know Moutinho can play very well on the transition given what we saw in the Euros (terrible way to judge a player, but it's not like those were shabby teams Portugal was playing).

OTOH, I do hate to think of what became of Liverpool once Alonso left. :(

Theres a couple of stories going around that LLoris has told his family and friends that hes set to move to London. I also read that he was looking for a house in London.

The lyon manager didnt deny today that we were in for him, just said that he doesnt know whats going on..

Theres a couple of stories going around that LLoris has told his family and friends that hes set to move to London. I also read that he was looking for a house in London.

The lyon manager didnt deny today that we were in for him, just said that he doesnt know whats going on..

But i thought we were all supposed to believe AVB when he said we were not interested? I do not believe for 1 moment a manager would lie about a transfer target . . .

The sig was rumoured to be looking for a house in pool days before he signed for us..

Unhappy Hammer: Ricardo Vaz Te ready to quit West Ham over wage demands

The former Barnsley striker feels he deserves similar cash to their other star men like Team GB defender James Tomkins on around £35,000-a-week

(...)

Vaz Te also feels after his heroics last season, he deserves parity with the club’s top earners – some of whom are on nearly double his wages. Vaz Te has held recent talks with Allardyce but remains unhappy with his terms.

His pay has virtually doubled to £20,000 a week thanks to a clause in his contract after the Hammers reached the top flight.

But he feels he should pocket as much as other stars, such as Team GB defender James Tomkins, who is on £35,000 a week.

Now Vaz Te is considering his options and may even slap in a transfer request. That would be bad news for those Hammers fans who have been hero-worshipping him.

Football Juice ‏@Football_Juice
Tottenham's young midfielder Tom Carroll is set to go out on loan this season, with Huddersfield Town interested.

Was at Derby was hoping to see him progress to a premiership club like Caulker but never mind.

[video=youtube;kF1GYAGU48U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF1GYAGU48U[/video]

and before any clown gets started, yes yes i know, youtube vids arent foolproof.

but i'll take him.

Back