• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky Sports

Luuk De Jong has blasted FC Twente for trying to price him out of a move away from the club.

Sky Sports

Luuk De Jong has blasted FC Twente for trying to price him out of a move away from the club.

He wants to go to Gladbach, they aren't offering enough. Now he's unhappy, said some naughty things about the chairman and it looks like the club will sell him. Saudi Sportswashing Machine offered €12m but Twente want 15. He's from a town close to Gladbach, and they are in the CL next season.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to check out Oscar, Inter are playing Cruzeiro on ESPN at 22:30, I assume he'll be playing.

Mate,

I love your work, and enjoy a good debate with you as I respect your counter-opnions, but on the above, you are so far off base it's bewildering. The training comment is the one bit I would agree with. And it is one of the major reasons we kept dropping off the last two seasons. Our training was not good enough in areas of fitness or set-pieces. This is not even up for debate really, the proof was there for all to see.

When you carry, say, a hamstring strain, the appropriate thing to do is give it the extra week's rest and ROTATE. Ade never had that luxury unless he was about to tear the thing (and he was gambling prior)...sorry mate, he needed a little more rest ESPECIALLY given the nature of his game and what he was being asked to do...

Ade had that luxury during internationals. There are 38 Premiership games and I'd expect a player to play in EVERY SINGLE one if they weren't being played in cup competitions. 38 games is nothing. As already proven other players played a lot more games than Ade and yet their form did NOT dip. Not counting internationals Messi played SIXTY games (almost twice as many as Ade). And Ronaldo played 55 (although Mourinho has never been one for massive squad rotation).

Basically if Ade isn't upto the rigours of playing more than 40 games a season then maybe it's a good idea we do give him a wide berth. I don't think he is an AVB style player or person anyway. He is way too outspoken (same reason why I think VDV is a goner).

Oh come on! Are you serious? You're suggesting that because the temperature drops he literally 'freezes up'? You're joking, please...

No, but there is a precedent to suggest that he (and many players suffer from this) is a fairweather player and the evidence at Spurs would potentially suggest the same.

Adebayor
Lewandowski
Moutinho
Sigurdsson
Vertonghen
plus Youth signings of Fryers,Lascalles and Butland

That would be some transfer window

It would be BUT we would need a right sided forward if 433 is on the cards. Although I do think two strikers is imperative. I would not be TOO happy with one as lets be honest Ade needs a kick up the back side every now and again

This is assuming that we would not sell too many like VDV. Although im presuming Moutinho in place of the 'departing' Luka.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DHSF
It would be BUT we would need a right sided forward if 433 is on the cards.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Giovani dos Santos
"I can not complain, at Tottenham have learned a lot, the team is of high quality, players and it is no bad decision if I have to stay"

AVB would have worked with players of Gio's ilk before during his time in Portugal and maybe this would be his best chance of making a go of things here under him. Im yet to be convinced he has a future here but id be happy for him to be given a chance - he does do it regularly on the international stage, for what is a strong footballing nation after all

Just seen this on twitter posted 27 mins ago, nothing new just another attention seeking quant.

"Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Modric has gone. #Spurs #THFC #Football"

Mustafa5150 ‏@Mustafa5150
@sylvievdervaart horrible rumours that you are putting pressure on @rafvdvaart to move to Hamburg. Say it isn’t so… ‪#coys

Sylvie van der Vaart Sylvie van der Vaart ‏@sylvievdervaart
@Mustafa5150 @rafvdvaart Hi there! I have absolutely nothing to do with any of those rumours, don't pay attention to them please.. Xx

Sounds like she's not dismissing the move outright though. Just that she's behind any move, if anything goes ahead.

um er.. Robert Lewandowski isn't going to leave BVB 09 for THFC. I would love to see him in White & Blue but Yellow & Black will be his colors for a few more years. He loves playing for Klopp and Dortmond is set up for 3 Bundesliga titles and a nice run in the Champions League this season. He is the type of player we need up top. A team player that can hold up the ball or go it alone and his work rate is exceptional.

Back