• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, so he has heard of interest. But I'll still stick by what I said about we won't be signing him.

Did we sign AVB, Sig and Vertonghen out of nowhere? No ... they were reported through various media outlets including newspapers, so yeah they obviously do get some stuff right. I haven't once quoted twitter info in here - only from actual real life people to do with football as that's factual. Not my fault you or mumorm are seemingly unaware of any talk of us signing Oscar ... here's him confrming our interest by the way, sorry it's not a video, he was busy - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7871438/

Well we haven't signed JV officially YET. I'm very aware of everyone were supposedly interested in but let's just see if we get him shall we.

Okay, so he has heard of interest. But I'll still stick by what I said about we won't be signing him.

Back track back track back track.

We probably won't sign him, but that doesn't take away the fact there so ****sure it's all flimflam until proven drastically wrong. Don't be so cynical all the time.

And just because the papers tagged into one made up rumour (kong), how can that be used for another? What a weird rationalisation process you have !

After watching tonight I'm starting to think it has a good possibility of happening. The previous games I've watched of Oscar he's always played centrally(either in a VDV or Modric position) but tonight he's playing from the right and drifting in, something that I think AVB would be fond of and would give us a different alternative to Lennon. Beforehand I was struggling to see how you could have any more than one of VDV/Sig/Oscar playing in the same side, regardless of what happens with Luka. So if we were to sign him I think he'd share game time with Lennon mostly, with Sig and VDV sharing a central position. We need to get it done sharpish though as him shining at the Olympics won't help.

Yep and if you look at Wenger's recent record of signing CFs (Gervinho, Chamakh, Arshavin) you wouldnt be confident if you were a gooner than either Giroud or Podolski will be a successful replacement

Giroud will need better service than L'Arse can currently provide IMHO...Podolski will be the Polish (German) version of Arshavin; he is mentally fragile. If it doesn't go his way quickly, he loses his confidence fast...

As for Durham, fantastic, let him keep on and on...he's a provocateur and he's very good at it. The fact he's wrong is not even close to worth discussion!

After watching tonight I'm starting to think it has a good possibility of happening. The previous games I've watched of Oscar he's always played centrally(either in a VDV or Modric position) but tonight he's playing from the right and drifting in, something that I think AVB would be fond of and would give us a different alternative to Lennon. Beforehand I was struggling to see how you could have any more than one of VDV/Sig/Oscar playing in the same side, regardless of what happens with Luka. So if we were to sign him I think he'd share game time with Lennon mostly, with Sig and VDV sharing a central position. We need to get it done sharpish though as him shining at the Olympics won't help.

so we'll stick with one striker and two winger-strikers? much like spain 2012 init?

As for Durham, fantastic, let him keep on and on...he's a provocateur and he's very good at it. The fact he's wrong is not even close to worth discussion!

Yep, he is such a wind-up merchant it is obvious yet you get some dope with half a brain biting and phoning in! I think he actually likes Spurs, and he definitely has a problem with Arsenal, so its more often than not fun to listen to.

A lot of what he is saying at the moment is speculation rather than what has actually happened so its just irrelevant.

To be honest, his football show - with Darren nice-but-dim - is probably one of the best football fixes in the media at the moment. Far, far rather listen to him than that drunk they put on the breakfast show.

Ridiculous isn't it

Doesn't matter anyway, the played doesn't even know of our interest it can't be real, even if he's said he does. Jimmy Kong made it up.

Actually, I don't even know why I'm posting this, it'll be on a page you cba to read.

Doesn't matter anyway, the played doesn't even know of our interest it can't be real, even if he's said he does. Jimmy Kong made it up.

Actually, I don't even know why I'm posting this, it'll be on a page you cba to read.

yeah because that makes sense.

Transfer Talk ‏@_Transfer_Talk_
Tottenham have made a £13m offer for France international goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. (The Sun) #THFC

Mark Searle ‏@marksearlegolf
Rumours circulating #thfc have been bought by the Kharafi family.Just a heads up Roman A worth $12.1b,Kharafi $14b according to Forbes #coys

Transfer Clockwatch ‏@TransferClock
Liverpool leading Tottenham in race to sign unsettled Chelsea star Sturridge #LFC #CFC #THFC

FootySays ‏@Footysays
#CNN Portuguese expert Pedro says Moutinho will end up at either #MUFC or #THFC with Hulk likely destination #CFC and Witsel #MUFC

Back