• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate - considering the figures paid for Oscar and PSG's alleged 35m bid for Mourra - I'd say Internacional wouldn't want to play ball for anything under 22-25m, imv. Else he'd just stay put and wait for a better offer in the future

This seems likely. Brasilian sides have more money now and are not as desperate to sell and can pay better wages. And with a home world cup coming up, young players will be more willing to stay. It will need big transfer fees and wages or force a move on the best prospects.

Transfers of young players directly from South America are always gambles. With a big fee and big wages, I don't think we are in the position to take such big gambles.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Llorente confirms he want to leave, but clearly no #Arsenal move if#RVP stays. Club were keen I know that.
RVP out, Llorente in

Spanish double by Wenger, wouldnt be surprised in the slightest

get him the F*** in.

now.

immediately, if not before.

"I love Madrid. My ultimate goal is to succeed here. I'm a player and a man who does not give up. This is why I'm so hurt by these false reports that the things are in my head and not in my body. I know pain and I know it's real. "

"My relationship with Mourinho is perfect. I'll be honest, he has said, I do not play many games this season and has encouraged me to go temporarily on loan to develop my career and come back an important player."

"For me it is not the ideal solution, but I understand it."

As always, Sahin is not hesitant to the offer his opinions.

"If I'm forced to temporarily leave, England is a league that interests me. I always teams like Manchester, Arsenal and Chelsea have admired. Tottenham are a good team, and Mourinho has told me that Villas Boas is a very good guy. It would be kind of funny when Modric went to Madrid, and I went to London "

"I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs."

Hmm...I thought the Sahin move was sort of dead in the water for us but obviously not. Sounds like Mourinho is putting in a good word for us (AVB). Maybe they're trying to persuade him a move to Spurs wouldn't be all bad. Or to hypothesise a little, RM want Modric and will use Sahin as a make-weight in the deal so need to big us up with Sahin. I always thought it was a little strange that they would give up Sahin, a potential bargaining chip, to another club considering our immediate requirement for a player like him if Modric leaves.

I had resigned myself early doors to losing Modric, but as the transfer dragged on and on I was thinking, "fuk me I think he'll end up staying now". These latest quotes have changed my mind again and I think there will be a player swap of sorts in the next week or two. All conjecture of course.

We certainly are in with a chance and it helps that none of the 'bigger' clubs in world football bar AC Milan and maybe Chelsea are in need of a striker.

It doesn't matter whether the bigger teams are necessarily in need of a striker, for most of them he would still become a first teamer or a valued squad member. Teams like City,Real buy for the sake of buying....You wouldn't say Real need Modric would you?

I'd be extremely surprised if we had a chance, but of course would love to see us pull out all the stops to get him in.......

Freelance sports journalist for The Sunday Times, The National, Sports Illustrated, etc etc.

Think he has a good rep in the jounalist world and doesn't spout brick for the sake of it. He also goes on to say that any deal for Damiao doesnt end our interest in Ade.

Thank you. I thought at the start of the summer our two targets would be Ade and Damiao and I do think it's likely this has legs and will come to fruition once the Olympics is over.....

Leandro Damiao slots in from 12 yards as everyone else falls on their arse

That will make him a bit harder to buy...

Damiao seems to be enjoying his time in the UK...nice, straight-forward dispatch just then...precisely the sort of finish we consistently fail to put away...maybe he is the ticket...

At the end of the day, he's now scored 5 in 5. Doesn't matter who the opposition is, 5 in 5 is great.

Yes, absolutely

If he signs for the Goons it would be on of the lowest points in years. Devastating

Why on earth would the filth buy Llorente anyway? What message would it send to their new signings? They cannot accommodate three players of that "name" without one of them getting tinkled off. I would not be surprised if Llorente's request has come about because of another side already being in advanced talks. Yes, be OK if it was us (although at this point I might be happier with Ade and Damiao - I'm becoming a Leandro convert!) but you wouldn't bet against it being Emirates Marketing Project, especially if Ade is coming, they don't get RVP and Dzeko isn't in their first 11 plans...

Pretty much top scorer now Senegal are out and Konate can't score anymore. Weren't his odds something stupid like 18/1 to be top scorer before the tournament?

I would actually prefer it if he STOPPED scoring at this point. Lawro just compared him to Ronaldinho. Every goal he scores will just mean we have to pay extra per week and far more likely that he'll end up somewhere else!

I would actually prefer it if he STOPPED scoring at this point. Lawro just compared him to Ronaldinho. Every goal he scores will just mean we have to pay extra per week and far more likely that he'll end up somewhere else!

the fudge does Lawro know

Back