• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would actually prefer it if he STOPPED scoring at this point. Lawro just compared him to Ronaldinho. Every goal he scores will just mean we have to pay extra per week and far more likely that he'll end up somewhere else!

Well we could have got him a year ago. The thing is a team like Spurs has to take risks else once someone becomes a star we simply cannot compete with bigger clubs

To be fair they already have Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku. I think they will leave it at that. And I think Hulk is more of a target for them.

I think they've given up on Hulk, that's why they're trying for Moses.

If we were serious about Leandro we would have signed him prior to the Olympics not wait until he becomes the leading goal scorer, but then that is to typically Spurs

If we were serious about Leandro we would have signed him prior to the Olympics not wait until he becomes the leading goal scorer, but then that is to typically Spurs

Is it as simple as that though mate? Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw an article from player or agent a while ago saying wouldn't decide anything until after Olympics? Or maybe their president? Or maybe I just made it up altogether......

Is it as simple as that though mate? Besides, I'm pretty sure I saw an article from player or agent a while ago saying wouldn't decide anything until after Olympics? Or maybe their president? Or maybe I just made it up altogether......

Players, agents and chairmen tend to say things like that when a serious bid has not been made.

Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham have been alerted to reports that Fernando Llorente wants to quit Athletic Bilbao.

Respected daily AS claims the 27-year-old has informed last season's beaten Europa League and Copa del Rey finalists of his desire to leave the club for a side competing in the Champions League.

Llorente has spent his entire career with the Basque giants, but is now ready to walk out of the San Mames after the club's disappointing end to what was largely a thrilling season last term.

Beaten 3-0 in the Europa League final by rivals Atletico Madrid having dispatched Manchester United, Sporting Lisbon and Schalke to reach the showpiece final, Bilbao then went onto lose the Copa del Rey final to Barcelona.

It was a heartbreaking way to end a season in which a young and vibrant Bilbao side won plenty of admirers for their attacking style under enigmatic coach Marcelo Biela.

However, AS claims Llorente's relationship with the Argentine coach has broken down to such an extent the Spanish international is now hankering for a move away before the end of the transfer window.

Both City and Spurs have been linked with the striker in the past and with both Roberto Mancini and Andre Villas-Boas known to be in the market for a new striker, Llorente could very well fit the bill.

Mancini admitted defeat in his chase for wantaway Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie on Monday while Villas-Boas, with Jermain Defoe the only senior striker at White Hart Lane, has also been frustrated in his attempts to bolster his forward line.

A permanent deal for City's Emmanuel Adebayor has fallen through over personal terms demands while another reported target, Salomon Rondon, recently quit Malaga to join Russian side Rubin Kazan.

Llorente, who netted 30 goals in 53 games last season, is also being linked with a move to Juventus amid claims by AS the Italian champions have already lodged a €20million bid for the striker.

That could be enough to tempt Bilbao to sell especially with Llorente's current contract due to expire this summer and his apparent desire to leave sooner rather than later.

Back