• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Transfer Talk ‏@_Transfer_Talk_
Tottenham have made a £13m offer for France international goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. (The Sun) #THFC

Mark Searle ‏@marksearlegolf
Rumours circulating #thfc have been bought by the Kharafi family.Just a heads up Roman A worth $12.1b,Kharafi $14b according to Forbes #coys

Transfer Clockwatch ‏@TransferClock
Liverpool leading Tottenham in race to sign unsettled Chelsea star Sturridge #LFC #CFC #THFC

FootySays ‏@Footysays
#CNN Portuguese expert Pedro says Moutinho will end up at either #MUFC or #THFC with Hulk likely destination #CFC and Witsel #MUFC

i dont know why you bothered posting all that......its all bollox isnt it:rolleyes:

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea have re-entered the race to sign Tottenham's Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, 26.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Meanwhile, Blues midfielder Frank Lampard, 34, has pledged to remain at Stamford Bridge despite interest from LA Galaxy and China.

Full story: the Sun
Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski

Robert Lewandowski scored the opening goal of Euro 2012 as Poland were held 1-1 by Greece

New Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is ready to challenge former employees Chelsea for Borussia Dortmund's 23-year-old Polish striker Robert Lewandowski, who is rated at £20m.

Full story: Sunday Times (subscription required)

Marseille's Spanish defender Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, is back in Chelsea's transfer plans, as Roberto Di Matteo continues his search for a new full-back.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea have beaten off a host of Premier League clubs to sign 15-year-old AS Cannes defender George Brady, nephew of West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady.

Robin van Persie, 29, is back in England for showdown talks with manager Arsene Wenger as Arsenal fear he is holding out for a dream move to Real Madrid.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Wenger wants Fiorentina's £25m-rated striker Stevan Jovetic, 22, to replace Van Persie.

Full story: Sunday Express

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has no intention of selling 32-year-old forward Craig Bellamy.

Full story: Liverpool Echo

Sunderland manager Martin O'Neill is poised to make a move for Wolves striker Steven Fletcher, 25, following Asamoah Gyan's permanent move to United Arab Emirates club Al-Ain.

Stoke City are close to signing Houston Dynamo defender Geoff Cameron, 26, who has won five caps for the USA.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel

Aston Villa are facing defeat in their efforts to lure Champions League winner Ryan Bertrand, 22, from Chelsea as the player is set for a Stamford Bridge pay rise.

OTHER GOSSIP

Roberto Mancini, 47, has been offered £35m to manage Russia as contract talks with Emirates Marketing Project drag on.

Roberto Mancini

Roberto Mancini took charge of Emirates Marketing Project in December 2009 on a three-and-a-half-year contract

Arsene Wenger insists he will never change the way he operates at Arsenal - even if his star players keep leaving.

Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque has invited Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, 39, to the Euro 2012 winners' training camp to discuss ideas and philosophies.

Joe Cole, 30, has dismissed uncertainty about his Liverpool future and committed himself to the club.

Full story: talkSPORT

QPR will reveal plans for a new 35,000-seater stadium within weeks.

Emirates Marketing Project defender Pablo Zabaleta, 27, says controversial team-mate Mario Balotelli can become one of the best players in the world if he starts using his brain more.

Full story: Manchester Evening News
AND FINALLY

Former Brazil striker Ronaldo, 35, demonstrated his heavyweight credentials when he joined UFC star Anderson Silva for a spot of sparring in Las Vegas.

Full story: Metro

after AVB, the decision on ade's is one of the most important we will make this season. if rumours are true, levy is going for a low transfer price to compensate his high wages - a big "win-win" for ade and for spurs. but would Emirates Marketing Project be so silly as to let him go to a potential local rival? or is there really no one coming in for ade?

Roberto Mancini, 47, has been offered £35m to manage Russia as contract talks with Emirates Marketing Project drag on.

Almost wish he'd take this job so he'd get found out proper. Doesn't matter how much money you have as an international side, can't just go out and buy new players. But it would also mean City would get someone better in to replace him.

after AVB, the decision on ade's is one of the most important we will make this season. if rumours are true, levy is going for a low transfer price to compensate his high wages - a big "win-win" for ade and for spurs. but would Emirates Marketing Project be so silly as to let him go to a potential local rival? or is there really no one coming in for ade?

Emirates Marketing Project have to get rid of some big earners to make room for more, Ade doesnt play he is number 1 to go especially when they are still paying plebs like Bridge £90k a week

and Emirates Marketing Project are not rivals to us

Emirates Marketing Project have to get rid of some big earners to make room for more, Ade doesnt play he is number 1 to go especially when they are still paying plebs like Bridge £90k a week

and Emirates Marketing Project are not rivals to us

I hope AVB does not think like that

He said 'potential' and I don't see that we are that far off from rivalling them. Until half way through last season we were right up there near the top, don't let the collapse in second half of season make you think we are so far removed.

The truth is once our form dipped we couldn't recover. Why? Who knows, whether it was the courts or England job distracting Redknapp, maybe it was that we had been used to winning do kept winning and feeling good but were too rocked by a couple of poor results, maybe it was injuries/fatigue or maybe it was that all the games we were due to struggle in fell in the same patch.

Whatever, if we get to be equally as high this season perhaps there might not be such a fall from grace & we could finish a lot nearer the title winner. I'm not saying it will definitely happen but I certainly wouldn't discount us from being a theoretical risk to Emirates Marketing Project.

The key for us now is to put together a team that works as a unit. Don't think anyone at the club is bothering too much about what others do right now.

I don't believe anything in the papers firstly. I don't even buy one anymore just chuck 40p in a pot every day instead of buying one.

About the quotes if he has named us and you've seen it in a video or interview then fair cop I can't argue with that.

Same here, not bought one for years now

juts for the fact that AVB rates lewondawski.. i think AVB is class

Although it shouldnt be the sole reason for buying him. I'm sure AVB would love to snatch him from under the noses of Chelsea.
When I heard United were looking at him before the Euros I made a point of having a look at him for Poland, and I have to admit he impressed me. Would love him and Adebayor at WHL

Although it shouldnt be the sole reason for buying him. I'm sure AVB would love to snatch him from under the noses of Chelsea.
When I heard United were looking at him before the Euros I made a point of having a look at him for Poland, and I have to admit he impressed me. Would love him and Adebayor at WHL

He should surely be better than our last great pole forward ;)

Claiming Internacional buying Forlan will make Tottenham make a renewed attempt at Damiao tells you all you need know about lazy journalists.

Forlan coming in because they are expecting him to leave would at least be slightly believable

BackPage. @BackPage

Liverpool look set to bid for Fulham's Clint Dempsey.

Arsenal look like front runners in the race for Victor Moses, after Wigan rejected Chelsea's bid.

Reports around are suggesting Tottenham are eyeing up a move for Daniel Sturridge.

Why don't Arsenal and Chelsea just swap Walcott and Sturridge? Both clubs after an attacker and both have one that's looking to leave.

BackPage. @BackPage

Arsenal and Tottenham are fighting for Italian goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano.

Linking Arsenal and Tottenham to the same keepers. Really should give this journalism lark a try, couldn't possibly do any worse.

Back