• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its great every player they name is either out of contract or will be sold anyhow, I dont know how some journo's get paid

Being the Express I just couldnt care less - Im more intruiged at The Sun printing 2 positive articles on us to be honest.

Could it be that they accept AVB is coming in, and could actually do a good job?

Or is it the usual "Build them up, knock them down" rubbish?

This REALLY doesn't deserve a thread of its own, so I'll just put it here where it will easily be lost in the crowd of posts. Looks like the scum fans have nothing better to do:

Centre-backs vote

Ledley King won Thursday's poll with 41.04% of the vote as we put together our central defensive pairing.

He is partnered by Sol Campbell who, after a slow start in the vote, gathered pace (with a little help from across North London...) to finish second with 37.89%, ahead of Gary Mabbutt on 10.51%. So we have two Spurs home-grown players at centre-half.

The joke is probably on the Arsenal fans though. For all their voting to get him in there, he probably would have come second without their votes.
Even though he was a c#nt, we cant deny he wasnt a quality defender

As I am not British myself, I have a question for the lot of you who are. Given the history and record of the Sun as a scheming and plotting "newspaper" that clearly has an agenda with everything they write, why do you read it?

I don't want to be patronizing, but it seems to me that there is a general consensus both on this board and in the rest of the world that the Sun is all rubbish, yet it is one of the most popular in Britain, and that confuses me.

More on topic: Today I'll be sitting here pressing F5 for the grand, massive, 'shaking the footballing world-esque' press conference that we have all been promised.

I saw one comment on a British newspaper today claiming it would be Pep Guardiola with AVB as number two. Let's add Falcao, Mouthino and Vertonghen to that and I'll be satisfied. Hell, throw in Diego Maradona and Klinsmann as coaches too.

Tottenham's incoming boss Andre Villas-Boas is ready to make a move for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

Full story: Sunday Express

:ross: :ross: :ross:

http://le-grove.co.uk/2012/07/01/th...e-should-arsenal-buy-in-jack-Wheelchair-cover

Theo to Spurs… he wouldn’t? Would he? | Should Arsenal buy in Jack Wheelchair cover?

July 1st, 2012 by Pedro & filed under News Review, Transfer Gossip.

Good morning Grovers! Apologies for the late post. I’ve been coming to terms with the story about Theo Walcott interesting Spurs new manager AVB.
A first I was like… ‘errr, no way, he’s an Arsenal player’
Then I was like… ‘No actually, this could like totally make sense’
Why does it make sense?
Well, a few reasons really. I guess the key one being that he’s played over 200 games for us and he doesn’t really show any signs of improving. Now, I know his finishing has been slightly better over the last 18 months, but in the grand scheme of improvement, he’s the equivalent ofProctor&Gamble’s London Olympic clean up operation. Washing the front of Bow Road Underground station does not constitute a real improvement.

He’s got pace. We know that. Outside that, what has he really got as a player? I always run the ‘what would happen if you took away his pace’ test.
Players like Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Ian Wright used pace to devastating effect. If you’d taken that away (I know Dennis never had it), they’d still be able to do other things, like pass, walk around players and score goals. I’m not sure Theo would be very effective as a footballer without pace. Now, I’m not for one moment suggesting we get rid of Theo. He’s a very effective in the sense that his pace is a massively, humongous huge asset for him. Even if he’s not particularly clever with it.

If the massive bloke in the corner of a bar tells you he can’t fight, you still don’t get in the way of one of his haymakers. Theo scares defenders. He puts teams on the back foots and he has convinced Robin Van Persie and plenty of other no nothing football pundits he creates hundreds of goals for the team.​
Now at Spurs, his strengths might be used to better effect. He doesn’t need to be able to pass particularly well, he’ll be knocking balls into a bigger strikers and he’ll be in a team that is far more direct that ours.
Would he do it though? Would he really cross the North London divide and become a hate figure for eternity?
Well, he’s close friends with Gareth Bale. He wouldn’t need to buy a new house. He might fancy a new challenge after being at Arsenal for quite a while. We don’t like losing players on free transfers. We’ve apparently not opened talks with him to extend his deal. We’ve got more wingers than you could shake a stick at!
This one could have legs. I’m talking Theo legs… not Davor Suker legs in the dying days. Not Jack Wheelchair legs either…

As I am not British myself, I have a question for the lot of you who are. Given the history and record of the Sun as a scheming and plotting "newspaper" that clearly has an agenda with everything they write, why do you read it?

I don't want to be patronizing, but it seems to me that there is a general consensus both on this board and in the rest of the world that the Sun is all rubbish, yet it is one of the most popular in Britain, and that confuses me.

More on topic: Today I'll be sitting here pressing F5 for the grand, massive, 'shaking the footballing world-esque' press conference that we have all been promised.

I saw one comment on a British newspaper today claiming it would be Pep Guardiola with AVB as number two. Let's add Falcao, Mouthino and Vertonghen to that and I'll be satisfied. Hell, throw in Diego Maradona and Klinsmann as coaches too.

Now that certianly would blow my socks off it it happened, but this is Spurs, we dont do days like that

What an utterly pathetic article from the Express

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS faces a baptism of fire when he is unveiled as Spurs boss in the next 48 hours.

Facing fierce opposition from both players and fans alike, the new man will be greeted by dressing room unrest that will test him from his first day in the job.

A string of players are waiting to tell him they want assurances or want out, led by injury-jinxed captain Ledley King, whose contract is up and who doesn't look like being offered another one – as a player at any rate.

Next in line is midfielder Luca Modric, the midfielder AVB tried to sign when he was at Chelsea, but whose agent insists is now hell bent on getting the move he failed to persuade Spurs to let him have last summer.

Behind them will be Mexican midfielder Giovanni dos Santos, a big star for his country but cast into the wilderness by Harry Redknapp.

David Bentley is also likely to ask for a move – possibly to Fulham – if the new manager fails to offer any sign of rekindling the one-time golden boy's flagging career.

ì
Facing fierce opposition from both players and fans alike, the new man will be greeted by dressing room unrest that will test him from his first day in the job
î

Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, whose dream of playing for his country in the Olympic Games was dashed after being left out in the cold last season, will also be demanding assurances about his future. And veteran defender William Gallas, a target for rivals West Ham, is also out of contract.

Add to them Jermain Defoe, who will also want to be given a clear idea about his first-team prospects after spending much of last season on the bench, and Steven Pienaar – who is keen to go back to Everton.

With Nico Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka already leaving for Ukraine and Russia, and Tom Huddlestone and Michael Dawson still recovering from injuries, it all adds up to a massive headache for the new manager with little more than a month before the new season starts.

Tell Harry we said hi.

the sun

Joao Moutinho, tipped to be Andre Villas-Boas' first signing at Tottenham, feels the manager will be a huge success at the club.
Frederic Kanoute has left Spain for Chinese side Beijing Gouan.
Wolves manager Stale Solbakken has made Johan Lange his first-team coach.
Norwich have signed Steven Whittaker on a four-year deal.
Gylfi Sigurdsson will choose between Liverpool and Spurs today.
West Brom, Ipswich and Burnley are fighting it out to land Aussie keeper Mat Ryan.

the people

Frank Lampard has been offered a £13million two-year deal to link up with David Beckham at LA Galaxy.
Carlo Ancelotti wants to make Theo Walcott part of his Paris St Germain revolution.
Pepe Reina is heading for a shock Anfield exit - with Liverpool on the brink of a move for £15million-rated France no.1 Hugo Lloris.
Darren Ferguson is at the centre of an explosive tap-up row with Peterborough ready to report Nottingham Forest over an alleged illegal approach for their manager.
Andre Villas-Boas will be installed as the new Tottenham manager in the next 48 hours.
Watford's new owners are set to appoint Gianfranco Zola as their new manager.
Danny Welbeck wants a big pay hike at Manchester United.
Scott Sinclair is set to be reunited with Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.
Fulham are in talks to sign Czech Republic Euro 2012 star Tomas Sivok.
QPR want to take David Bentley on loan from Tottenham.
Aston Villa and Sunderland are chasing Real Mallorca centre-half Ivan Ramis.
West Ham are closing in on Crystal Palace defender Nathaniel Clyne.
Hull boss Steve Bruce is making an ambitious bid to sign Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.
Chelsea have turned down FC Copenhagen's offer to sign Romelu Lukaku on loan.
John Guidetti is heading for showdown talks with Emirates Marketing Project.
Birmingham boss Lee Clark could snap up Sean Davis on a free transfer.
Juventus have turned their attentions to Emirates Marketing Project striker Edin Dzeko having missed out on three other targets.

daily star sunday

Spurs still haven't sealed the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas sparking rumours there could be a dramatic twist in the tale.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has made a sensational move for France's Euro 2012 keeper Hugo Lloris.
Adam Johnson will this week discuss his Emirates Marketing Project future with Roberto Mancini.
West Ham have agreed a deal to sign defender George McCartney from Sunderland.
Norwich are hoping to snatch goalkeeper coach Dave Watson from Birmingham.
Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray is looking to seal deals for Emmanuel Ledesma, Mustapha Carayol and Jacob Butterfield.
Arsene Wenger is losing interest in France star Yann M'Villa.
Manchester United are facing defeat in their pursuit of Luka Modric.
Kolo Toure is wanted by Turkish club Bursaspor.

sunday mirror

Emirates Marketing Project have slapped a world-record £80million price tag on Real Madrid target David Silva.
Ledley King fears he will be told his week his Tottenham career is over and he must retire.
Arsenal's hopes of keeping Robin Van Persie could rest on London rivals Tottenham and former striker Emmanuel Adebayor.
Gylfi Sigurdsson will choose Liverpool or Tottenham today, according to his father.
Arsenal are set to pull out of a move for France midfield star Yann M'Villa.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine want a double Dutch deal for FC Twente striker Luuk de Jong and defender Douglas.
Jan Vertonghen has appointed a top lawyer to help clinch his move to Tottenham
Leighton Baines has admitted that Everton may be forced to sell him to Manchester United.
Chelsea and Paris St Germain are set to test Arsenal's resolve in keeping Theo Walcott.
West Brom boss Steve Clarke is determined to keep Peter Odemwingie and Shane Long.
John Guidetti is being lined up to make his dream move to Lazio.

sunday express

Tottenham's incoming boss Andre Villas-Boas is ready to make an audacious move for Theo Walcott.

sunday mail

Walter Smith last night opened his heart about the pain of seeing his consortium's bid to buy Rangers hit the rocks.
Kevin Kyle will begin pre-season training with Dunfermline as he looks to revive his career.
St Johnston are set to re-sign Derby winger Lee Croft on a season-long loan.
New Birmingham boss Lee Clark is determined to stop Norwich snapping up Scots winger Chris Burke.

Text
Text 84408
Twitter
@skysports @skysportsnews

Transfer News by Club
Select a Team
Latest Transfer News
Striker leaves Fulham

Fulham have announced Portuguese striker Orlando Sa has left the club by mutual consent after just one year at the club.
McCartney makes Hammers move

West Ham have signed George McCartney on a permanent basis from Sunderland on a two-year deal.
Seedorf seals Botafogo move

Former Holland international Clarence Seedorf has joined Brazilian side Botafogo on a two-year-deal.
Clark targets new faces

Lee Clark has made boosting numbers his number one priority ahead of his first season as Birmingham City manager.

As it is 1st July 2012, a date as comparable to ITK merchants as 21st December 2012 is to those who predict the end of the world, I would like to take this opportunity in a pseudo-comic "Smashie and Nicey" styli to play a song to "all of the ITK merchants out there":

[video=youtube;AyggY_R3jU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8[/video]

Lets rock!!

I want to thanx all Spurs fans. I will always have great memories from this massive club. Top players,Staff,Spirit&fans= Trophies soon. -- louis saha (@louissaha08)

I want to thanx all Spurs fans. I will always have great memories from this massive club. Top players,Staff,Spirit&fans= Trophies soon. -- louis saha (@louissaha08)

Makes a change to hear that. A lot of recent leavers over the last few season have been a lot less complimentary

So does that mean Moutinho is coming to us?

I would lurrrrrrrve it.

i would rather have used the 7-8m from Sig to help buy Moutinho

So today is the start of the big week, what are the predictions. I'm going for:

• New manager
  • New Kit
  • New sponsor
  • Gylfi signs
  • Jan Signs
  • GDS leaves

Back