• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan Vertonghen has appointed a top lawyer to help clinch his move to Tottenham.

The 26-year-old Belgium international has been locked in a contract wrangle with Ajax.

Vertonghen claims he should pocket about £1.5million from the £9m fee Spurs have agreed with the Dutch club.

Once that part of the deal is ratified Vertonghen, 25, will sign a four year contract with a one-year option at White Hart Lane.

But Ajax claim they should only pay a cut to the player if the full buy-out fee of about £15m is met. And Spurs have no intention of doing that.

So Vertonghen has appointed Dutch sports lawyer Harro Knijff to take Ajax to court over his claim for 15 per cent of any transfer fee.

Knijff said: “Jan Vertonghen is completely right in his stance against Ajax. There is no way Ajax can interpret this differently.

“It is a clear case for me.’’

If the deal isn’t resolved Vertonghen has threatened to sit out the final year of his contract and join Spurs as a free agent next summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ajax-defender-jan-vertonghen-in-legal-946947

I wonder how the people who were disgusted with Modric's behaviour will take to Vertonghen.

I wonder how the people who were disgusted with Modric's behaviour will take to Vertonghen.

Its a different situation as the fee had been agreed and the transfer is close to being completed. I would be fuming aswell, that is like giving a fat boy a cake only for it to be taken away at the last minute just as its about to touch his lips.

This REALLY doesn't deserve a thread of its own, so I'll just put it here where it will easily be lost in the crowd of posts. Looks like the scum fans have nothing better to do:

Centre-backs vote

Ledley King won Thursday's poll with 41.04% of the vote as we put together our central defensive pairing.

He is partnered by Sol Campbell who, after a slow start in the vote, gathered pace (with a little help from across North London...) to finish second with 37.89%, ahead of Gary Mabbutt on 10.51%. So we have two Spurs home-grown players at centre-half.

Slightly different circumstances.

Indeed both want to move.
One is not allowed to move by his club but ultimately took it on the chin and played pretty well all season.
The other is allowed to move by his club but isn't getting some silly fee so he's thinking about going on strike to get a fee!

He has the same qualities that made it possible for Cristiano Ronaldo to convert to a striker.
I wouldn't mind us testing this out, think he could score brickloads.

As for a wing alternative if Bale should play in the middle, I assume AVB wouldn't mind getting someone he knows from Porto.
Silvestre Varela was in the Portugal squad this summer, is available for a reasonable fee due to his contract being in its final year.
Varela looked alright in his cameo's. Banged in a screamer against Denmark and was pretty tidy in general.

Jan Vertonghen has appointed a top lawyer to help clinch his move to Tottenham.

The 26-year-old Belgium international has been locked in a contract wrangle with Ajax.

Vertonghen claims he should pocket about £1.5million from the £9m fee Spurs have agreed with the Dutch club.

Once that part of the deal is ratified Vertonghen, 25, will sign a four year contract with a one-year option at White Hart Lane.

But Ajax claim they should only pay a cut to the player if the full buy-out fee of about £15m is met. And Spurs have no intention of doing that.

So Vertonghen has appointed Dutch sports lawyer Harro Knijff to take Ajax to court over his claim for 15 per cent of any transfer fee.

Knijff said: “Jan Vertonghen is completely right in his stance against Ajax. There is no way Ajax can interpret this differently.

“It is a clear case for me.’’

If the deal isn’t resolved Vertonghen has threatened to sit out the final year of his contract and join Spurs as a free agent next summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ajax-defender-jan-vertonghen-in-legal-946947

Jan: Wow, I'm so happy I appointed you dude
Lawyer: No problem mate
Jan: fudge me, you got that €3m out of Ajax good and proper
Lawyer: Please, it was nothing
Jan: So, what's your fee then?
Lawyer: Erm...

Well, there was a rumour of a Monday 10am press conference.

I'm thinking 7.30pm today would be a decent time. :-"

Indeed both want to move.
One is not allowed to move by his club but ultimately took it on the chin and played pretty well all season.
The other is allowed to move by his club but isn't getting some silly fee so he's thinking about going on strike to get a fee!

It's being said that the 15% cut of the fee is in his contract, which mean Vertonghen is entitled to it.
Think you misunderstand the situation as well, he's not threatning to go on a strike,
he's putting pressure on them by saying he'll honor his contract and play the final year of it for Ajax - giving them the option of 8 millions or having him for one more season.

Only player i can remember going on a strike to join Spurs was Noe Pamarot.

akqayid @akqayid

We might actually be shot of Jenas. Southampton a choice

Nottingham Forest are being taken over by billionares,
got this idea in my head that they'd come in for old boys Dawson and Jenas to make their Premier League push. :)

Nottingham Forest are being taken over by billionares,
got this idea in my head that they'd come in for old boys Dawson and Jenas to make their Premier League push. :)

Surely there could be no bigger statement than re-signing Andy Reid?

Back