• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4403968/Andre-Villas-Boas-will-be-a-huge-Spurs-hit-says-Joao-Moutinho.html

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS will be a huge success as Tottenham manager.

9 comments

Related Stories

Siggy in the middle

SIGURDSSON will choose between Kop and Spurs, according to his dad

Harry: I tried to bag Balo
Maybe AVB can do a Cloughie
Ramires slams Chelsea critics

That is the verdict of Porto and Portugal star Joao Moutinho, tipped to be AVB’s first White Hart Lane signing.

He said: “AVB is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with. I’d work with him again tomorrow.

“I don’t really know what happened at Chelsea — but when you employ a new coach you have to give him time.”

Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea in March, just eight months into a three-year contract.

He is set to be named as Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham successor within the next 48 hours.

Moutinho, 25, won the Europa League under AVB at Porto and believes he will be far stronger for his traumatic experience at Stamford Bridge.

He said: “You can’t always base his progress on results. If players are obstructive it makes the job very difficult.

“Perhaps in the end he was judged more on immediate results than he was on his long-term vision.

“All I do know is he did a fantastic job at Porto.

“He didn’t win the league title and the Europa League by chance.

“But then he had a set of players who bought into his ideas and were enthusiastic and supportive.

“He was very much like Pep Guardiola was at Barcelona. He loved to deploy systems to bring the best out of the players.

“I remember talking to him about England when he was poised to leave.

“He was so enthusiastic, he was so determined to make a success of it.

“AVB isn’t the type to want revenge, his only motivation is to prove to people that he can be a success in England.”

Moutinho is shocked that AVB, 34, appeared to have so many problems with players at Chelsea.

He added: “I didn’t see his age as a problem. At Porto it brought him closer to the players. The players loved him.”

Moutinho also claims that AVB was a lot calmer than Jose Mourinho.

He added: “They both demand discipline but Mourinho was a lot harder when things went badly.”

The midfielder, who played in Portugal’s Euro 2012 semi-final defeat to Spain, is valued at around £25million by Porto.

Manchester United are ready to battle Spurs for his signature

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4403968/Andre-Villas-Boas-will-be-a-huge-Spurs-hit-says-Joao-Moutinho.html

9 comments

Related Stories

Siggy in the middle

That is the verdict of Porto and Portugal star Joao Moutinho, tipped to be AVB’s first White Hart Lane signing.

He said: “AVB is one of the best coaches I’ve worked with. I’d work with him again tomorrow.

“I don’t really know what happened at Chelsea — but when you employ a new coach you have to give him time.”

Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea in March, just eight months into a three-year contract.

He is set to be named as Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham successor within the next 48 hours.

Moutinho, 25, won the Europa League under AVB at Porto and believes he will be far stronger for his traumatic experience at Stamford Bridge.

He said: “You can’t always base his progress on results. If players are obstructive it makes the job very difficult.

“Perhaps in the end he was judged more on immediate results than he was on his long-term vision.

“But then he had a set of players who bought into his ideas and were enthusiastic and supportive.

“He was very much like Pep Guardiola was at Barcelona. He loved to deploy systems to bring the best out of the players.

“AVB isn’t the type to want revenge, his only motivation is to prove to people that he can be a success in England.”

Moutinho is shocked that AVB, 34, appeared to have so many problems with players at Chelsea.

He added: “I didn’t see his age as a problem. At Porto it brought him closer to the players. The players loved him.”

He added: “They both demand discipline but Mourinho was a lot harder when things went badly.”

The midfielder, who played in Portugal’s Euro 2012 semi-final defeat to Spain, is valued at around £25million by Porto.

Hmm....

akqayid @akqayid
Moutinho saying that has made me have a little bit of sex wee #numberonetarget

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project have put a world-record £80million price tag on Real Madrid target David Silva.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Tottenham's incoming boss Andre Villas-Boas is ready to make a move for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

Full story: Sunday Express

Emirates Marketing Project must offload striker Emmanuel Adebayor to Tottenham before making a £20m bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

LA Galaxy are keen on Frank Lampard, 34, and hope that the prospect of joining forces with David Beckham will tempt him to head to America.

Full story: Mail On Sunday
Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard could follow David Beckham to LA Galaxy

Hoffenheim's Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, on loan at Swansea last season, will choose between Liverpool and Tottenham in the next 24 hours.

FC Twente coach Steve McLaren says only an "absurd offer" would tempt him to sell Luuk De Jong, 21, to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Full story: insidefutbol.com

Leighton Baines has admitted that cash-strapped Everton may be forced to sell him to Manchester United.

Swansea City want to sign £3m Spanish centre-back Jose Manuel 'Chico' Flores, 25, from Italian side Genoa.

Full story: South Wales Evening Post

New Birmingham boss Lee Clark has only 14 senior players to work with and is prioritising new recruits despite the club's current transfer embargo.

Full story: goal.com

Goalkeeper Ben Foster says West Brom's "special relationship" with the fans is behind his permanent move to the Hawthorns.

Arsenal are keen on Palmero goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano, 26.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

New Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to sign Rangers midfielder Steven Davis, 27, who is available as a free agent.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

Former Tottenham and West Ham striker Fredi Kanoute, 34, has joined Chinese club Beijing Guoan on a two-year deal.

Full story: insidefutbol.com

Peterborough United are set to report Gianni Paladini to the Football League for allegedly tapping up Darren Ferguson on behalf of Nottingham Forest.

Full story: Telegraph
EURO 2012

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has dismissed the very suggestion that fellow Euro 2012 finalists Spain are "boring."
Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli joined Emirates Marketing Project for £22m from Inter

Full story: the Sun

Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas has hailed Italy's Gianluigi Buffon as his hero.

Full story: Telegraph

Bryan Robson has defended Wayne Rooney's performances at Euro 2012, insisting the media always look for "spacegoats".

And Steven Gerrard believes we all expect far too much of Rooney.

Full story: Mail On Sunday

Midfield star Xavi has launched the most passionate defence of Spain's football philosophy.

Full story: the Sun
OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wheelchair will miss the start of the season - and looks certain to miss the first two games of England's World Cup qualifying campaign.

Gianfranco Zola is set for talks about becoming manager of Watford after the Pozzo family completed their £20m takeover of the Championship club.

Former Greece international Giorgos Donis, who had spells with Blackburn, Huddersfield and Sheffield United, has spoken of the torment of his wife and one of his children being threatened by armed robbers.

Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

Everton's Jack Rodwell wants to put his injury problems behind him and become a key part of Roy Hodgson's youth-orientated England set-up.

Full story: Liverpool Echo
AND FINALLY...

Arsenal fans have swamped a Facebook contest with votes to ensure Sol Campbell secures a spot in Tottenham's all-time Premier League XI.

Full story: 101greatgoals.com

TransferNews_WHUFC @WHU_transfers

Everton fans thinking #EFC is a bigger club than #WHUFC #PipeDown

lol-face.jpg

:ross:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...l-be-a-huge-Spurs-hit-says-Joao-Moutinho.html

9 comments

Related Stories

Siggy in the middle

Absolutely flabbergasted the sun would print such a glowing article

Tottenham's incoming boss Andre Villas-Boas is ready to make a move for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

Walcott is at his best playing as a wing forward - could actually work in an AVB system

*washes mouth out with soap*

He is best suited for a 4-3-3, but that wasn't really the point. The fact that he has zero football intelligence and is reportedly on £65K, looking for £100K, are bigger issues.

He is best suited for a 4-3-3, but that wasn't really the point. The fact that he has zero football intelligence and is reportedly on £65K, looking for £100K, are bigger issues.

and he appears to all to be a dweeb, no way could he handle the move from them to us

I dont disagree. However he has always been quite successful when playing more centrally.

Kind of reminds me of Keane in that when he runs on instinct he can do incredible things but when he has to think about it - choose - act he fluffs his lines.

The thing is he has that gooner arrogance I just cant stand, a smarmy look and just isnt good enough for that contract

Reign over? Tottenham defender Ledley King fears he will be told his playing career is over this week

King has already been told it is very unlikely he will be able to start next season as an active member of Tottenham’s playing squad and he is due a final medical check this week

Ledley King fears he will this week be told his Tottenham career is over and be forced to retire.

Just as Andre Villas-Boas is set to be confirmed as the new Spurs manager, King is gearing himself up for the news he has been dreading for years.

King has already been told it is very unlikely he will be able to start next season as an active member of Tottenham’s playing squad and he is due a final medical check this week.

If, as expected, the news is not positive then 31-year-old King will have to accept his 13-year Spurs playing career is over.

King has suffered chronic knee problems throughout his career and underwent his latest round of surgery at the end of the season.

Tottenham have promised King they will offer him an ambassadorial or coaching role once he retires.

The confirmation of Villas-Boas as new manager could also coincide with Spurs completing the signings of midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson and defender Jan Vertonghen.

Meanwhile Jake Livermore is joining the list of absentees from the Team GB Olympic squad.

The Tottenham player, 22, was expected to be named in Stuart Pearce’s 18-man squad tomorrow.

But Spurs are concerned about the lack of midfield options for the start of the Premier League season.

But the most ironic absence at White Hart Lane will be that of Brazilian Sandro.

He cannot join pre-season games for his club because he has been selected for Brazil’s *Olympic squad.

Unlike the home associations, Brazil make attendance for their Olympic squad obligatory

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-defender-ledley-king-fears-947006

WHUFC have signed George McCartney from #SAFC on a two-year contract, the Hammers have announced.

See, even our fierce "rivals" are making announcements today. It's already been 10 hours and still nothing. [-(

WHUFC have signed George McCartney from #SAFC on a two-year contract, the Hammers have announced.

See, even our fierce "rivals" are making announcements today. It's already been 10 hours and still nothing. [-(

fudge they mean business !!!! hahaha

What an utterly pathetic article from the Express

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS faces a baptism of fire when he is unveiled as Spurs boss in the next 48 hours.

Facing fierce opposition from both players and fans alike, the new man will be greeted by dressing room unrest that will test him from his first day in the job.

A string of players are waiting to tell him they want assurances or want out, led by injury-jinxed captain Ledley King, whose contract is up and who doesn't look like being offered another one – as a player at any rate.

Next in line is midfielder Luca Modric, the midfielder AVB tried to sign when he was at Chelsea, but whose agent insists is now hell bent on getting the move he failed to persuade Spurs to let him have last summer.

Behind them will be Mexican midfielder Giovanni dos Santos, a big star for his country but cast into the wilderness by Harry Redknapp.

David Bentley is also likely to ask for a move – possibly to Fulham – if the new manager fails to offer any sign of rekindling the one-time golden boy's flagging career.

ì
Facing fierce opposition from both players and fans alike, the new man will be greeted by dressing room unrest that will test him from his first day in the job
î

Brazilian goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, whose dream of playing for his country in the Olympic Games was dashed after being left out in the cold last season, will also be demanding assurances about his future. And veteran defender William Gallas, a target for rivals West Ham, is also out of contract.

Add to them Jermain Defoe, who will also want to be given a clear idea about his first-team prospects after spending much of last season on the bench, and Steven Pienaar – who is keen to go back to Everton.

With Nico Kranjcar and Vedran Corluka already leaving for Ukraine and Russia, and Tom Huddlestone and Michael Dawson still recovering from injuries, it all adds up to a massive headache for the new manager with little more than a month before the new season starts.

Back