• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

Why does it feel that only in England can player basically get away with being on strike until they move? We had modric, Berba, Dempsey at Fulham. It seems that player on the continent abide by they value their clubs put on them and play on until or if something changes. Hulk being a good example. Something has to change in the way contracts are written so players cannot do this brick they do here.

They are basically going on strike, we should be able to stop all wages until they reset their attitude. If I did not do the work i was contracted for I would not get paid.

PFA has strict rule on fines, usually limited to two weeks. They allowed City a four weeks fine when Tevez took a six month winter break in Buenos Aires.

Perhaps its something about their pay scale. Top executives, bankers and footballers who screw up badly get huge payoffs. It's only the little people who are held to their contracts.

Mayuka is his name. Ignore the natural born racists here....this kid will be the dogs. very savy in and around the box.....i just hope that he gets the right supply , he should be with us really.

Dude, you are missing a smilie, if you are jokingly infering that I (or the other poster) was being racist by suggesting you had said the very same (more or less) about Utaka, if not and you are accusing me/him that's bang out of order.

Dude, you are missing a smilie, if you are jokingly infering that I (or the other poster) was being racist by suggesting you had said the very same (more or less) about Utaka, if not and you are accusing me/him that's bang out of order.

let´s not make a fiasco out if this thread... saw SC go into meltdown yesterday because some turk had the Northern Cyprus flag as his avatar.

this is prejudice personified. how come people can jokingly say "racist" all over the place but i cant?

depressing:(

Sky Sports have only now understood that City have agreed a fee for Nastasic from Fiorentina. Everyone else knew this yesterday and they're only waiting for Savic to sort out personal terms.

Savic was terrible - can't believe they paid 6m for him

Tottenham put Lennon, Parker & Van der Vaart up for sale
Spurs are willing to listen to offers for established trio as Andre Villas-Boas steps up his mass overhaul of the team Harry Redknapp built

Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker and Rafael van der Vaart have been put up for sale by Tottenham as Andre Villas-Boas steps up his mass overhaul of the squad, Goal.com can reveal.

The senior trio, who were all key figures in the Spurs team that finished fourth in the Premier League last season under Harry Redknapp, are set to be the latest casualties of the Villas-Boas revolution.

The Portuguese has decided to completely refurbish the team that Redknapp built as he seeks to lower the average age of the squad and introduce greater dynamism in the spine of the team.

Sources have told Goal.com that Van der Vaart, 29, Lennon, 25, and Parker, who turns 32 in October, have all been made aware they will be sold for the right price.

Van der Vaart will be allowed to leave this week if cash-strapped Hamburg, the Dutchman’s former club, can meet Spurs’ £9million valuation before Friday’s deadline.

Spurs will also, more surprisingly, listen to offers for Lennon and Parker. It is understood that Villas-Boas shares Redknapp’s doubts about Lennon’s ability to consistently deliver the goods and does not see a long-term role for Parker in central midfield.

The £5.5m 2011 deadline day buy from West Ham started all four of England’s matches at Euro 2012 but is likely to have slipped down the pecking order when he returns in October after undergoing surgery on his right Achilles.

It is unlikely Lennon or Parker, given his injury, will be sold by Friday night’s deadline but they are set to be off-loaded at the first realistic opportunity, which could even be in January.

The revelation of Villas-Boas’ plans comes after he sanctioned the sales of established duo Michael Dawson and Brad Friedel, while fringe players such as Jermaine Jenas, David Bentley, Heurelho Gomes and Giovanni dos Santos have all been told they are surplus to requirements.

Spurs are looking to re-invest the money from the £33m sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid to build a squad that can challenge for the top four.

They could complete a deal to sign Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele on Wednesday after meeting the release clause in the Belgian midfielder’s contract, with the 25-year-old undergoing the first part of a medical on Tuesday night.

Tottenham are also closing in on a £12m deal for Hugo Lloris after Lyon granted permission for the goalkeeper to discuss personal terms with the Londoners.

The club’s £15m move for Shakhtar Donetsk attacker Willian has stalled, however, while CSKA midfielder Alan Dzagoev is considered too expensive.

Villas-Boas remains in the hunt for Joao Moutinho, his countryman who he regards as the ideal replacement for Modric, and still wants a centre-forward after the club failed in their latest £18m pursuit of Leandro Damiao from Internacional.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/29/3338669/-

honestly, i didnt think one was needed. Where is the logic in actually thinking you're a racist cause i'm over marketing african players that come into the league.

i think maybe i should put one in cause others are going to read that , then read yours and think "WTF??!"

i am curious though how come i'm getting pulled up on this and other times when people say racist its funny (well at least i find it funny)

The Damiao message from Internacional is very clear (and painfully predictable at the same time) - our bid was too low. He is Brazil's starting striker, massive potential, and would not be sold for under 25m, imv - look at Oscar ffs

I think our recent sustainted 'success' in the Top 5 might have altered people's perception a little to the point of assuming we now 'deserve' 25m players when in fact - we are the very same Tottenham from 5-6 years back, with the same size stadium, higher wages and a few extra bob from TV

Agreed. Inter don't need to sell, with the new money now in Brasil and the prospect of a home world cup. They can afford to wait until the big boys come calling.

The catch is that even if we found the money to pay a £25-30m transfer fee, the player would expect the wages to match. I suspect we could readily break our transfer record (its four years old now), but we'd need to break the wage structure and that is beyond our means.

All in all, while Moutinho might be the best fit for what AVB wants, we are probably better off if we can get two players instead.

r.e. Goal.com 'article'

What utter rubbish - you don't have to be ITK and use basic logic to realise we will never sell those 3.

If anything - Parker might leave in January while we can still re-coup couple of million

Pathetic really - and will most likely be overlooked
Not sure if he was being serious or not, since there are a lot of people excited at the prospect of signing black players such as Dembele?

Apparently we're in the run for Carlos Kickaball though so I'm happy as Larry

Is it coz you is black?

it must be (JOKE JOKE JOKE JOOOOOOOOOOOOKE)!!! LOL

although i couldnt help but see one person in particular try to dig a grave for me and then put pressure on the board authorities to do something by claiming i wouldnt get pulled up on it.

Now THAT is low, sigh.... fine, i'll abstain from making black or 'racial' jokes. you'd think i was one person that could do it and get away with it

this is prejudice personified. how come people can jokingly say "racist" all over the place but i cant?

depressing:(

You can, but your post read that you were calling people out as rascist. As covered in the "Abuse" thread in random, just a smilie changes the dynamic of your post completely.

No problems here though, thought it was out of character.

Back