• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
Daniel Levy #THFC is in Donetsk, where Shakhtar have rejected €15m Willian bid. #AVB likes Douglas Costa & Fernandinho too via@sereda_alex

Oleksandr Sereda ‏@sereda_alex
#Totteham's Daniel Levy also mentioned AVB's interest in signing Shakhtar's Douglas #Costa and #Fernandinho

I'm guessing one these 2 has copied this from the other but still...

Cant see why he would go to Donestsk just to make an offer

João Ruela‏@joao_ruela

#Hulk: President of FC Porto Pinto da Costa confirms he refused a €50M bid from #Zenit. #Chelsea #Tottenham #CFC #THFC http://migre.me/auhUP

LOL

Its so ridiculous that what you want to believe is a somewhat credible source in ESPN, even them you cant trust. YOU CANT TRUST ANYONE!

Hulk is way overpriced, one of the most overhyped players in football.

Cant see why he would go to Donestsk just to make an offer

Maybe he had some specially-made printed and laminated brochures detailing that attributes of both Jenas and Bentley that he wanted their chairman to take a closer look at?

Here is a thought... IF Lloris does sign do you think he'll be given Gomes' no.1 shirt? I'm assuming he can't be UNLESS Gomes leaves as the squad numbers have been submitted to the league.

Think i am going to go against the grain abit here

Even though i was the main guy to say for certain that Dembele was ours, categorically ours i have to say something

Dembele IMO is not going to be occupying the role that VDV has or at least he wont be perfoming those duties.

I think if VDV leaves then Siggy is nailed on for a starting spot. The question really is if AVB is hell bent on this pivot thing in which case i can sort of see how dembele would take VDV's position due to his versatility
But i doubt it....siggy is going to be the guy to play at the tip with the lesser of the defensive responsibilities.
Siggy WILL GET US GOALS. i think he'll get lots actually

Affelay IMO is a very good technical footballer, an intelligent one and positionally offensively aware. Think pires-lite

people need to stop slapping modric in the face with his lack of goals. he wasnt an attacking midfielder...and he didnt occupy the same positions regualrly that the likes of lampard and fabregas and dempsey occupied. This is another reason i thin Demby is not taking over VDV's spot IF VDV is indeed on his way

Dont want to lose lennon

If we manage to get our hands on moutinho then i STILL think that Siggy is or will be in the very near future a nailed on starter for the team. Who knows, Demby could get shifted out to a wing forward position?

i'm excited that the next eto'o is in the premiership. Looking forward to seeing him week in week out..providing that his team mates can feed him.

It is hard to find a suitable ITK badge

Here is a thought... IF Lloris does sign do you think he'll be given Gomes' no.1 shirt? I'm assuming he can't be UNLESS Gomes leaves as the squad numbers have been submitted to the league.

This was my theory when Friedel stayed as #24.

Is anyone here still hoping for a shock signing deadline day signing? I love it when we're involved in the last few hours, makes it so much more interesting to watch haha*

Must be so boring watching SSN as Shrewsbury fan for example or as an arse fan knowing wenger has already said... "nope, Chamakh and Bendtner are more than good enough, I don't need anyone else"

*Assuming we've already sorted out the majority of our business beforehand, i'm not talking a Berba/Frazier deadline here.. more a nice surprise on top of the rest our business like a VDV.

You had me at boring.

people need to stop slapping modric in the face with his lack of goals. he wasnt an attacking midfielder...and he didnt occupy the same positions regualrly that the likes of lampard and fabregas and dempsey occupied. This is another reason i thin Demby is not taking over VDV's spot IF VDV is indeed on his way

I disagree mate. Modric may have mainly acted as the bridge man, but he often finds himself in a position just a handful of yards outside of the box where he could surge and put a strike in, but shies away from it and looks for the pass. Funnily enough, this is exactly where Dembele would be able to make a difference if he wasn't such a horrible striker of the ball :lol: Still, we've got a great player on our hands so I'm not upset.

Hulk would win us the league hands down! Dont make me angry!!!!!!

Lou-Ferrigno-Hulk_1335443600.jpg

I disagree mate. Modric may have mainly acted as the bridge man, but he often finds himself in a position just a handful of yards outside of the box where he could surge and put a strike in, but shies away from it and looks for the pass. Funnily enough, this is exactly where Dembele would be able to make a difference if he wasn't such a horrible striker of the ball :lol: Still, we've got a great player on our hands so I'm not upset.

Dembele has a better shot on the ball albeit less accurate, imv

Last edited:
Back