• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, 1173 byebye Modric, Medical reports pg 1244

didnt he score a zim zimmer against us in the 4-0 FA Cup defeat a few seasons back?

He comes from the Kaboul/Thudd "Row Z" school of shooting. This means the occasional belter mixed with a lot of Ooohs and Ahhhs.

Totally Football ‏@TotallyFootball
Reports that CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev could be the subject of a £25m bid from Spurs..

I disagree mate. Modric may have mainly acted as the bridge man, but he often finds himself in a position just a handful of yards outside of the box where he could surge and put a strike in, but shies away from it and looks for the pass. Funnily enough, this is exactly where Dembele would be able to make a difference if he wasn't such a horrible striker of the ball :lol: Still, we've got a great player on our hands so I'm not upset.

i hear what you're saying but...the word often is the problem here. to imply often would point towards a majority or a very noticeable propotion which is not accuarte in my view.

who tends to pick up the ball from deep and move it around?
who supplies the suppliers?
who has the most defensive responsibility of the Non primary defensive players?

all the above would be modric

as for modric finding himself on the egde of the area? well i can assume that it would be when we are pressuring the opposition in which case even the likes of sandro and thud wouldnt be that far behind.....its just our team pushing up. would you say that when modric is allegedly 'often' in those areas that he is ahead of VDV? or that VDV is more withdrawn than modric? i would say no to boh of those personally.

Not sure why modric would elect to pass though..that there is anyones guess. but i dont think modric is in those positions nearly as much as people would suggest...definately not often enough to allow for a shot regularly

I really hope this Rafa move doesn't go through he is a special player we should be holding on to. I don't care about if its so called "good business". Even if some of these other moves go through by losing him and Modric I think we would be taking a big step back in terms of quality

i would also like to say that dembele's shots are actually VERY good. at least the technique on the strike is

Who do you mean by that?

Mayuka is his name. Ignore the natural born racists here....this kid will be the dogs. very savy in and around the box.....i just hope that he gets the right supply , he should be with us really.

Mayuka is his name. Ignore the natural born racists here....this kid will be the dogs. very savy in and around the box.....i just hope that he gets the right supply , he should be with us really.

If he does the business down there we'll no doubt try to get him when he costs four times as much as he did now.

This sounds like Huddlestone part 2

hahahahaha, thats amazing. thats EXACTLY the best comparison ,

agreed with this. much like thudd the technique is there but for some reason it doesnt translate to goals and assists

how does he rank in comparison with our Ivory Coast wonder kid?

how does he rank in comparison with our Ivory Coast wonder kid?

dont know much about coulibaly so i wouldnt be able to make a good comparison..but from what the highlights show of coulibaly they have the same sort of skills set.

the thing about mayuka is that he is fast over the first 15 yards...and he's got a good knack of finshing...

hmmmm actually i should actually go and investigate abit on his accuracy.

theSPURSinsider @theSPURSinsider
#Dembele will be officially be a #Spurs player tonigh

Spooky @Spooky23
Carles Puyol to sign for Spurs

would be a shame to lose VDV.

He could still easily have a role as the senior AM, could even replace JD and play in a 4-4-1-1 (like with Crouch) should we ever need to play that way.

lots of quality there, too much to sacrifice imo.

Salt & Vinegar?

Back