• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate - considering the fees we got for Wilson and Crouch, and the fact Woody was on his last legs + massive wages - I'd say thank you, Tony

So would i.

Plus you dont have to much running in the Stoke midfield either, the ball goes straight from keeper/CH to Crouch.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8008997/Inter-deny-Spurs-Damiao-talks

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi has reiterated his stance over Leandro Damiao and insists that it would take an 'extraordinary offer' for them to sell their star striker.

Luigi talked to the Brazilian media amid reports that Tottenham had made a renewed bid for the 23-year-old.

Spurs have been following Damiao for a couple of years, and have seen more than one bid rejected by the Porto Alegre-based outfit.

Damiao had a good Olympic tournament for Brazil as they finished runners-up and ended as top scorer with six goals.

His form in England has only enhanced his burgeoning reputation and Spurs are reported in South America to have dispatched a delegation to try and finalise a deal.

Luigi has previously stated that Tottenham would have to pay €60million (£47million) for Damiao and his stance appears unaltered.
No meeting

"There isn't any Tottenham representative here, and nothing is scheduled," he told Globo Esporte.

"The ones that have been coming here are agents. Leandro Damiao was top scorer in the Olympics. I have nothing scheduled with Tottenham.

"Internacional want to keep Leandro Damiao. He'll leave only if there is an extraordinary offer."

Artur Boric on a free? Not sure he'd be for us, though I think he's a good keeper. Just surprised he's available for free

"Robert Green's career as QPR's number one goalkeeper could be under threat after just one game, as Hoops manager Mark Hughes seems keen on bringing in 32-year-old former Celtic keeper and current free agent Artur Boruc."

Because not everything a manager says to the media should be taken at face value and because there's so many rumours about us going for different strikers that there's probably something in it. There's not really anything in the quotes from AVB to support the headlines of 'Defoe not going anywhere'.

Yeah I can't believe for one minute AVB would be happy with Defoe/Kane as backup. Defoe is a good player but as evidenced at Saudi Sportswashing Machine he doesn't possess enough qualities to lead the line, he's also 29 and the figure we can demand for his signature is likely to shrink substantially over the next year. I also can't see him staying at the club and bench warming as our number 3 should we bring in another striker.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see another striker in and Defoe out.

I do find it strange people on here getting in a state of panic over Dawson and Hudd leaving. One is our 5th choice centre back, the other a good squad option who is only being loaned out and after his injury it's probably best he is as he wouldn't be able to reach the levels desired with us this year. If he proves himself out on loan then great. Neither of these players really featured much for us last season and I think we did ok....

I do find it strange people on here getting in a state of panic over Dawson and Hudd leaving. One is our 5th choice centre back, the other a good squad option who is only being loaned out and after his injury it's probably best he is as he wouldn't be able to reach the levels desired with us this year. If he proves himself out on loan then great. Neither of these players really featured much for us last season and I think we did ok....

110% agree

Huddlestone at Stoke?
What a complete waste for everyone involved. We lose our only creative midfielder, assuming Modric is also leaving. Huddlestone joins a club where he will spend the majority of his time staring at the clouds and then chasing the ball when not in possession. Stoke get a player who doesn't suit their style of play, as he is not very good at chasing the ball, and would much prefer having the ball at his feet rather than see it flying over his head.

spot on, was about to say the same; how much of a chance is Hudd going to get to get back to full match fitness and prove himself to AVB with the likes of Parker Sandro Livermore and A N other ahead of his current status? (maybe should have been a loan until the next window)

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is lining up a final bid to land £35million Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

The Blues have been chasing Cavani for most of the summer but, as revealed by Sportsmail last month, appeared to be losing patience over wage demands of around £150,000 a week.

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is lining up a final bid to land £35million Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

The Blues have been chasing Cavani for most of the summer but, as revealed by Sportsmail last month, appeared to be losing patience over wage demands of around £150,000 a week.

FFP, nah fudge it, spunk as much as we can CFC, awesome

Sounds more like he's really keen to sell, as long as they get enough money. Constantly bringing attention to the whole thing.

He does seem to spend a lot of time saying no. If they want to keep him, there are no representatives from Spurs there, and nothing is scheduled, there is no need to mention a price.

Back