• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough, i wasn't 100% sure on your wording.

As it's rumoured to be a loan with a recall clause in january, I'm not as concerned. Better he be sent out to gain fitness elsewhere compared with playing matches badly now.

(Assuming he is not fit enough)

Agree. He needs to get match fit after missing out on last season and what better way do to so than send him to another Premier League side. Just hope he gets some good playing time instead of empty promises and then rotting on the bench. I just watched an interview with Eidur Gudjohnsen since last christmas about his time at Stoke(august 2010 to january 2011). Eidur said he had some doubts about signing on deadline day, whilst sitting in Pulis' office. Pulis then pulls him aside and tells him really up-close and personal: "Eidur, you're going to be my top man here. You don't have to worry about a thing." That was apparently the last time Tony Pulis spoke to him.....make of it what you will.

The year we finished 4th and got into the CL if I remember correctly
For most of that season, Modric played on the left and Palacios played alongside Huddlestone. Only towards the end of the season (when Bale played on the left wing), did Modric and Huddlestone play together in central midfield.

Or is my memory failing me?

Modric was injured for the first half then didn't start playing in centre mid till last 5/6 games of the season hardly a season playing together

For most of that season, Modric played on the left and Palacios played alongside Huddlestone. Only towards the end of the season (when Bale played on the left wing), did Modric and Huddlestone play together in central midfield.

No its true, the last handful of games. Some big games, mind, and they did brilliantly.

They then went on to do well together the following season.

With Huddlestone heading out on Loan to regain fitness (Assuming), surely the best way to go would be to try and convince Sahin of a loan?

The move to Arsenal has hit a snag as they want a buyout clause, which RM do not want. If we are expecting Huddlestone to be back and fit next season, then Sahin for a year as cover would be perfect..

yeah...your right!

the most important games they were.

A0rSTJ2CQAAdC92.jpg

Sahin, do you think its photoshopped?

immature of him if true. considering that he had that long term injury himself and will need to prove himself again.

I didn't see this, so I don't know the context, but I used to read his Twitter feed and he used to post motivational quotes a fair amount. Things like, " from great sacrifice comes great rewards".

If he did mean it as a remark about AVB, then I agree it is out of order, but I am prepared to believe that Hudd was just reposting something he'd read elsewhere. One of his the Twitter feeds he followed posted one of these sorts of sayings each day iirc.

I'm not sure of their full midfield contingent, but I'm assuming Madrid want to loan Sahin out to make way for Modric in the squad. So perhaps they won't finalise anything until the Modric deal goes through.

Back