• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
spot on, was about to say the same; how much of a chance is Hudd going to get to get back to full match fitness and prove himself to AVB with the likes of Parker Sandro Livermore and A N other ahead of his current status? (maybe should have been a loan until the next window)

Greg Stobart

Hudd: January recall clause, apparently

Artur Boric on a free? Not sure he'd be for us, though I think he's a good keeper. Just surprised he's available for free

"Robert Green's career as QPR's number one goalkeeper could be under threat after just one game, as Hoops manager Mark Hughes seems keen on bringing in 32-year-old former Celtic keeper and current free agent Artur Boruc."

Im surprised he is only 32, thought he was a lot older than that for some reason

Who: hertyid
Where: COYS
When: 22nd August

[Adebayor's signing on fee was] more than the transfer fee...

we have a midfielder on his way

He does seem to spend a lot of time saying no. If they want to keep him, there are no representatives from Spurs there, and nothing is scheduled, there is no need to mention a price.

Ha. It's quite funny. He's trying to play the master at his own game. You can imagine the conversation;

"You can't out-Levy me....I AM fudging LEVY!!!"

Then DL does the Obi-Wan thing "you will sell Damaio to me and then pay me 8 million english pounds for Jenas"

Huddlestone at Stoke?
What a complete waste for everyone involved. We lose our only creative midfielder, assuming Modric is also leaving. Huddlestone joins a club where he will spend the majority of his time staring at the clouds and then chasing the ball when not in possession. Stoke get a player who doesn't suit their style of play, as he is not very good at chasing the ball, and would much prefer having the ball at his feet rather than see it flying over his head.

you would think that about Hudd but they are one of the only teams to use two wingers, as we know thud can put those cross field passes bettert than most in the league - he is tall as well - Stoke are getting a perfect player for them - we are losing a great option.

Another couple of players down the road. There has to be moves coming in?? William being heavily touted to replace Modric. Must be a couple more

Mate - considering the fees we got for Wilson and Crouch, and the fact Woody was on his last legs + massive wages - I'd say thank you, Tony

Pulis is going with the Harry Ethos of signing players. Cherry pick quality players from the top clubs who for some reason or another have dropped down the pecking order a bit. He did this a lot at Pompey. You get a lower fee for a good player, and then a little hope he can get back to his best like Johnson, Defoe etc

Pulis is going with the Harry Ethos of signing players. Cherry pick quality players from the top clubs who for some reason or another have dropped down the pecking order a bit. He did this a lot at Pompey. You get a lower fee for a good player, and then a little hope he can get back to his best like Johnson, Defoe etc

That - or he must have borrowed his DVD collection - The Pemiership Years 2004-2007

Another couple of players down the road. There has to be moves coming in?? William being heavily touted to replace Modric. Must be a couple more

I have never watched William or Damiao so im not too excited. I really want us to replace Modric with Moutinhio though. He is a perfect replacement and a very talented player who wants to play with AVB again which is all important. But it seems to have gone cold on that one.

I have never watched William or Damiao so im not too excited. I really want us to replace Modric with Moutinhio though. He is a perfect replacement and a very talented player who wants to play with AVB again which is all important. But it seems to have gone cold on that one.

This could have been written by me!

I've loved having a ball player in CM, I love our possession game, would be gutting if we get rid of Hudd and Modric and don't replace them with someone who can play football, not just tackle. Moutinho seems to tick all the boxes in this respect, I'd much rather spend the 20+m transfer fee on this type of player than another forward / wide forward now we have Ade. I'm sure we can pick up a promising back up player to Ade for less than 15m (guesstimate of the remaining Modric money after buying Moutinho).

I do find it strange people on here getting in a state of panic over Dawson and Hudd leaving. One is our 5th choice centre back, the other a good squad option who is only being loaned out and after his injury it's probably best he is as he wouldn't be able to reach the levels desired with us this year. If he proves himself out on loan then great. Neither of these players really featured much for us last season and I think we did ok....

I think the majority are fine with Dawson leaving for the £8m - £10m price mooted

The only issue I have with Thudd leaving is that two of our 4 decent CMs from last year (parker, Sandro, Thudd and MOdric) will be off. We'll therefore be left with Sandro, Parker (currently injured), Jenas (brick and hopefully leaving) and Livermore (who I dont rate and, at best, is unproven). I think therefore we'd not just need to replace Modric but also get another in as well, unless he'd play Siggy or Rafa deep

I think the majority are fine with Dawson leaving for the £8m - £10m price mooted

The only issue I have with Thudd leaving is that two of our 4 decent CMs from last year (parker, Sandro, Thudd and MOdric) will be off. We'll therefore be left with Sandro, Parker (currently injured), Jenas (brick and hopefully leaving) and Livermore (who I dont rate and, at best, is unproven). I think therefore we'd not just need to replace Modric but also get another in as well, unless he'd play Siggy or Rafa deep

*Cough*

Thudd wasn't decent last year, he was injured.

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC

Get the Stoof stamp ready, very close to two incoming one up front one midfield. Last offer going in for Leandro, we will move on if not accepted. At least five more on the way out a mix of sales and loans most of the youngsters will now be kept for the new kiddies league.

Sad about Dawson, but was expected as i said last week and now excited and confident that we will see at least one if not two newbies paraded on Saturday.

*Cough*

Thudd wasn't decent last year, he was injured.

Decent in terms of ability. The year he and Modric played in CM together their partnership was first class. Just think that we're leaving ourselves short in CM if we let him go as well as Modric and only get 1 replacement

Decent in terms of ability. The year he and Modric played in CM together their partnership was first class. Just think that we're leaving ourselves short in CM if we let him go as well as Modric and only get 1 replacement

Fair enough, i wasn't 100% sure on your wording.

As it's rumoured to be a loan with a recall clause in january, I'm not as concerned. Better he be sent out to gain fitness elsewhere compared with playing matches badly now.

(Assuming he is not fit enough)

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC

Get the Stoof stamp ready, very close to two incoming one up front one midfield. Last offer going in for Leandro, we will move on if not accepted. At least five more on the way out a mix of sales and loans most of the youngsters will now be kept for the new kiddies league.

Sad about Dawson, but was expected as i said last week and now excited and confident that we will see at least one if not two newbies paraded on Saturday.

This clown has contradicted himself unless he's saying we're getting 2 more strikers.

Back