• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steffen Freund new International Technical Coordinator

Re: Steffen Freund new assistant head coach

BY5AjTUCcAANgGz.jpg

Steffen with double-winner Peter Baker

Could Freund make a good coach for the rest of the season?

I had a quick google of his coaching history and Sky Sports had an article suggesting Werder Bremen tried to poach him quite recently.

He also had stints managing german youth teams.

I love Freund, but he lacks the gravitas to make a good senior coach IMO

It's interesting that only AVB is apparently out the door.

It may be that we're keeping Freund and any other coaches until we know who's coming in? i.e. seeing if a new manager wants to bring in his own staff? It may also be we're negotiating with Freund to terminate his contract too.

If he's not shown the door though, I'd expect him to take the reigns against West Ham on Wednesday night. I'm really interested to see what his team selection would be, and what tactics he would deploy.

Remember he was German youth coach, and they've been very succesful in getting a 'philosophy' going through all levels of the German team. It could actually be a very auspicious move for us.

He could also be a bit sh*t.

I love Steffen Freund.

Think Freund and AVb are quite separate - its not like Harry bringingin Bond, Jordan and the 20 other assistants who came with him. I therefore think SF will stay and likely continue with the new guy

IF Freund was appointed next manager, or manager to the end of the season, how would you feel?

For some reason (probably irrational man love) I'd feel quite positive about it.

Also I can't find odds for Freund being next permanent manager. This is because the bookies know he'll be next manager and are pulling a sly one.

Edit- Betfred have him at 25

At least with Steffen we would all have a decent song for the manager..All together now..

So lets do the maths on this one, where does it add up?

Freund + Klopp
Freund + Laudrop

They make a lot of sense to me.
I think that real Tottenham men like Klinsmann, Hoddle wouldn't really see the need for him there. Cappello would bring his own men in.

Wish he was our stand in manager.

Those of the coaches that were clearly out and out AVB's men have been let go.

Sherwood, Ramsey and Ferdinand will be here after a new manager is in place I'm almost certain as their job is primarily away from the first team day to day coaching anyway.

Freund is probably in a bit of a limbo state right now. If the new manager wants him around he might stay, if the new manager wants someone else Freund will probably be let go. Perhaps to stay he will have to step down from an assistant head coach/manager to a coach or first team coach role. He might not be willing to do that and might chose to leave if a new assistant is brought in.

I think it makes a lot of sense to give the temporary responsibility to someone whose future with the club is secure and who won't be tempted to spend the next couple of weeks sounding out potential new employers looking for options and wondering about the future.

There looked to be very little contact between Freund and AVB this season anyway. He went from sitting beside him to sitting at the other end of the bench. Luis Martins was definitely his right hand man.

I knew something was up I pointed this out at the time was told I was talking through my ****

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...B--Levys-humilation-bust-Freund-Adebayor.html

Next on the agenda was Steffen Freund’s role in the coaching set-up after a spectacular fall-out between the pair when Tottenham were beaten 1-0 by Arsenal on September 1.
Freund, a former Tottenham player who returned to the club as a coach at Levy’s insistence, had always taken a seat next to Villas-Boas on the bench.

But after the derby, when they had a huge disagreement over the team’s approach and the substitutions, Villas-Boas promoted Luis Martins and relegated Freund in the seating positions.

Martins, who arrived at Tottenham with Villas-Boas when he was appointed in 2012, became the manager’s primary confidant. Inevitably it created tensions at the training ground and Freund felt alienated as his role vanished.

I knew something was up I pointed this out at the time was told I was talking through my ****

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...B--Levys-humilation-bust-Freund-Adebayor.html

Next on the agenda was Steffen Freund’s role in the coaching set-up after a spectacular fall-out between the pair when Tottenham were beaten 1-0 by Arsenal on September 1.
Freund, a former Tottenham player who returned to the club as a coach at Levy’s insistence, had always taken a seat next to Villas-Boas on the bench.

But after the derby, when they had a huge disagreement over the team’s approach and the substitutions, Villas-Boas promoted Luis Martins and relegated Freund in the seating positions.

Martins, who arrived at Tottenham with Villas-Boas when he was appointed in 2012, became the manager’s primary confidant. Inevitably it created tensions at the training ground and Freund felt alienated as his role vanished.

There was always a hint of 'Levy signing' about Freund. I imagine AVB spent most of his time with Martins, Rocha and Sousa anyway, leaving Freund with the media appearances and general non-tactical training activities. It speaks well of Freund that he stood up to the manager for what he felt were poor tactics or substitutions (indicates that he himself has his own ideas about how the game should be played), but it is not his place to question the manager's decisions in the first place.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay on, though, and wouldn't be displeased. He is more of a 'Tottenham' man than AVB was.

Being the Legend he is, deserves at least one match in charge

2cqgxn5.jpg

At the time I also noticed Freund had lost his seat next to AVB but like you I was told this was paranoia. I'm glad Freundy stood up to him. What a shambles though.

So Steffen turned up today and did his usual thing lately writing stuff in his book. what is his exact role right now? Ferdinand shared a joke with him at one point.

Back