• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steffen Freund new International Technical Coordinator

Re: Steffen Freund new assistant head coach

Motivator, individual coaching of players
Don't think he's ever been heavily involved in the tactical part of the game.

So Freund was there for the game against West Ham? Do we know if he was in the technical area against Southampton?

I just realized that Freund is more experienced than Sherwood:

won the 1996 European Championship with Germany
coached the Germany national side at Under-16, Under-17 and Under-20 level
assistant coach to Berti Vogts for the Nigeria national side.

I just realized that Freund is more experienced than Sherwood:

won the 1996 European Championship with Germany
coached the Germany national side at Under-16, Under-17 and Under-20 level
assistant coach to Berti Vogts for the Nigeria national side.

My grandma's dog is more experienced than Sherwood.

Freund's role at Spurs is really puzzling. If Freund was the assistant coach under AVB, he should have taken over as the head coach after AVB left. If Freund is not good enough, he should not have been appointed the assistant coach in the first place and should have been sacked along with AVB. If Sherwood is really good enough, he should have been AVB's assistant all this while, rather than Freund. Or atleast Freund should now be the assistant to Sherwood now, instead of Ferdinand. I think Levy has really fecked up the team setup by promoting Sherwood direct from the Under-21 team.

Agree completely with Spurs7891. I was worried Freund might resign after AVB's sacking, but I'm hoping he feels valued and part of the team (mostly as he's such a legend)

Freund's role at Spurs is really puzzling. If Freund was the assistant coach under AVB, he should have taken over as the head coach after AVB left. If Freund is not good enough, he should not have been appointed the assistant coach in the first place and should have been sacked along with AVB. If Sherwood is really good enough, he should have been AVB's assistant all this while, rather than Freund. Or atleast Freund should now be the assistant to Sherwood now, instead of Ferdinand. I think Levy has really fecked up the team setup by promoting Sherwood direct from the Under-21 team.

If ITK is to be believed, Freund was signed on Sherwood's suggestion rather than AVB's.

BsCtdR5CAAALJX1.jpg

1974: A Germany team filled with Bayern players win the World Cup.

2014: Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Boateng, Kroos, Muller (Subs: Götze) :-k

You can see the benefit of having so many top class players from one team in your national side. Do we look to the influence of Pep as people did when the Spanish team were filled with his Barca players

You can see the benefit of having so many top class players from one team in your national side. Do we look to the influence of Pep as people did when the Spanish team were filled with his Barca players

For this reason I think it was a mistake (even though I hate the c*nts) for England not to take Terry and Cole. Terry and Cahill were the best central defensive partenership in the league last year, why try and ask two players who've don't know each others game to play together when you've got a ready made partnership already there. Cole because, although he didn't play much for Chelsea last year, he's played with Terry all his life.

That being said, I still don't think they would have made it out of the group.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Steffen Freund to take up role as International Technical Coordinator. Full story here - <a href="http://t.co/rDKS7uUTsJ">http://t.co/rDKS7uUTsJ</a> <a href="http://t.co/FExr0xbtyR">pic.twitter.com/FExr0xbtyR</a></p>&mdash; Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/statuses/496567174031347712">August 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like Sherwood's job + being a club ambassador + official club scouting duties.

So he's been pushed out from on the bench as obviously Poch has got his own men there. Shame, Ill miss seeing him there....

I think this might be the best possible position for him. Great to still have him around!

Back