• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Player Of The Season

Who's your player of the season?

• Other

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Kaboul

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Assou-Ekotto

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Walker

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Lennon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sandro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parker

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Modric

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Bale

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
Player of the Season

Time for the official poll. The good thing about this year is that unlike previous years where there's never really been more than a maximum of 2-3 real contenders for our vote, there's several that could win it this time around. Parker won the official one, but let's see who GG vote for!

Given it to Kaboul.

Just feel he has been the most consistent defender.

We would have been a mess this season without him IMO

1) Kaboul (absolutely rock solid)
2) BAE (fantastically consistent)
3) vdV (even though he didn't have a great one by his standards due to injuries and tactical balls-ups; we're just so dependant on him offensively and defensively)

Thought hard on this.

The only player for me that has played consistently well all year and become a better player over the course of the season is Kaboul.

Younes get's my vote.

The fact that it's so hard to choose says some good things about our season. Kaboul stands out for me, but Modric, Parker, Walker and Benny also had fantastic seasons.
Lennon, VDV, Bale and Adebayor were also great but too inconsistent.

I liked Scotty because of his consistency and determination, and how he's saved our arse so many times this season

Modric ahead of Kaboul and Ade.
And VdV should have been an option as well, easily a top-5-performer in importance.

I went with other. My POTS is friedal. Its been great having a goalie who is stable and doesn't make me wince every time the ball gets played into the box.

Adebayor for me. We 're a much lesser team without him.

Kaboul had a very nice season. Solidified himself in the first XI.

Walker impressed me a lot the longer the season went on. He has an attitude about him.

Can't split those on the list apart. All had great seasons......BUT

Friedel was so confidence inspiring at the back I think he made the biggest difference. Gets my vote.

Hard to pick one

Mr Consistant -> Friedel

Fundementally changed the team/instant impact -> Ade/Parker

Most improved -> Kaboul/Walker

Key but underated -> VDV

No idea why so many are voting for Adebayor. The logic seems we would be lost without him. The fact is he was so inconsistent throughout the season (even from one half of football to another) that he doesn't deserve to be player of the year. There's other players who have put in consistent performances, never dropping below a certain level, all season, whereas Ade was regularly collecting multiple 5's in the match ratings threads.

I m surprised to see so many people voting for Adebayor,especially considering how poor he was in alot of games this season and all of his goals were clear cut chances that any decent striker would have converted.Undoubtedly he improved our attack alot with his great strength and link up play,but IMO there is atleast 3-4 players that deserve to be ahead of him.

There is really no stand out candidate this year,I would give it to any of Parker/Modric/Kaboul.Bale had an unbeliavable first half of the season,but then didnt score in the league since january which is a real shame,but his stats are incredible nonetheless.
VdV had a very good start and end to the season,but from november to april he was very poor by his standards.Special mention would go to Sandro,great performances in our last 5-6 games and I can see him getting this award next year if he is going to play on a regular basis.

Back