• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Player Of The Season

Who's your player of the season?

• Other

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Kaboul

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Assou-Ekotto

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Walker

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Lennon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sandro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parker

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Modric

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Bale

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
Season Ratngs - 2011/12

Brad Fridel - 7 - solid and dependable.
Carlo Cudicini - 6 - ok

Kyle Walker - 8 - fantastic debut season and a constant improvement
Younes Kaboul - 8 - our most consistent defender, imv
William Gallas - 7.5 - great displays in the second part of the season
Ledley King - 6 - not his best season
BAE - 7 - more good displays than schockers but still prone the occasional lapse in concentration

Danny Rose - 5 - hope he moves on next month for the sake of his career
Nelsen - 6 - little time

Gareth Bale - 8 - involved in most of our ganderous attacking movement - bagged 12 goals from out wide
Luka Modric - 7.5 - kept our midfield going and dominated numerous games. Very good return
Scott Parker - 7 - immense 1st half of the season, faded in the second but had a massive impact on our season
Sandro Ranieri - 7 - much improved closing stages of the season, hope we keep him for a few more years
Jake Livermore - 7 - constant improvement throughout the season, well done, Jake
Aaron Lennon - 7 - unlucky with injuries

Rafael van der Vaart - 7.5 - another good season from our most creative player

Jermain Defoe - 7 - unlucky not to get more minutes - looked sharp and delivered when needed more often than not
Emannuel Adebayor - 7.5 - vital goals and contribution

Louis Saha - 6 - hope he leaves next month and free up wage budget - nothing player / not in line with our long terms objectives
Giovanni Dos Satos - 5 - limited time

Harry Redknapp - 7 - successful season

Last edited:
I reckon Friedel is worthy of an 8 personally. I can only think of one mistake, and even that wasn't a howler (spilling the shot at Swansea that lead to their equaliser). He has made many terrific saves and been a very calming influence. So much better than Gomes it's untrue!

I reckon Friedel is worthy of an 8 personally. I can only think of one mistake, and even that wasn't a howler (spilling the shot at Swansea that lead to their equaliser). He has made many terrific saves and been a very calming influence. So much better than Gomes it's untrue!

That's true. You just know Gomes would have given at least 4 howlers away this season, as he did do 8 last seasoN!!

it's a shame that LLB and his player rating system never made it over from the last board - would have been interesting to compare the results

Brad Fridel - 7 - solid and dependable.
Carlo Cudicini - 6 - ok

Kyle Walker - 8 - fantastic debut season and a constant improvement
Younes Kaboul - 8 - our most consistent defender, imv
William Gallas - 7.5 - great displays in the second part of the season
Ledley King - 6 - not his best season
BAE - 7 - more good displays than schockers but still prone the occasional lapse in concentration

Danny Rose - 5 - hope he moves on next month for the sake of his career
Nelsen - 6 - little time

Gareth Bale - 8 - involved in most of our ganderous attacking movement - bagged 12 goals from out wide
Luka Modric - 7.5 - kept our midfield going and dominated numerous games. Very good return
Scott Parker - 7 - immense 1st half of the season, faded in the second but had a massive impact on our season
Sandro Ranieri - 7 - much improved closing stages of the season, hope we keep him for a few more years
Jake Livermore - 7 - constant improvement throughout the season, well done, Jake
Aaron Lennon - 7 - unlucky with injuries

Rafael van der Vaart - 7.5 - another good season from our most creative player

Jermain Defoe - 7 - unlucky not to get more minutes - looked sharp and delivered when needed more often than not
Emannuel Adebayor - 7.5 - vital goals and contribution

Louis Saha - 6 - hope he leaves next month and free up wage budget - nothing player / not in line with our long terms objectives
Giovanni Dos Satos - 5 - limited time

Harry Redknapp - 7 - successful season

I agree with the few modifications:

Jake: 6.5 I still think there is a lot of room for improvement
Kaboul: 7.5 Also very insecure at times and contributing to our sometimes dodgy defence
Ade: 8 Over the season a spectacular performer, so many important moments from him
Saha: 5 very few good moments

Defoe: 7 same as you but with a comment- 5 for overall performance level but 9 for a beasty goal-to-minute record. Needs to move and get regular football elsewhere.

Harry: 6.5 to me 5 is par with expectations and I didn't expect 4th. However I do think that above 6.5 is too much, when things eventually could have been even better and simple mistakes were made, which could have been avoided.

Friedel - 8.. Sort of goalkeeper we've needed for ages. Stable at the back, does the simple things, positioning wise for shots he's usually very very good. Glad we had him in goal this season and I hope it continues, mr.consistant.

Walker - 8.. Great debut season. Earlier on in the season his defending wasn't all that but I actually have seen improvements as the months have gone on and that is a great sign, won his first two international caps for England this season too and got man of the match in his first start.

Kaboul - 8.5.. Our best centre half all year, scored our first goal of the season in a poor game and we pushed on from there. Some beastly performances this year when he hasn't been sent off or injured, he will only get better with age when he has the experience head on him.

King - 7.. Honestly, don't think he's been bad. First 5 months of the season he was THE KING. Awesome performances left right and centre from captain marvel. I think we should definitely offer him a new deal and keep him longer if he thinks he can give his all and best for the club still.

Gallas - 7.. Been injured in too much parts of the season. I would have gave him higher but he played about 15 games this season, most of which weren't at the high standards he's showed the past month or so alongside Kaboul. I don't think he has been better this season at all then what King was opening 5 months.

Ekotto - 7.5.. Usually our most consistent performer or so he has been the past few years but this season was a little strange. He could look a world beater for three or four games in a row before then doing something silly against the likes of Wolves or someone. We need proper back up for him though as Rose showed he isn't good enough.

Lennon - 7.. He's getting a 7 this season just for the fact that he has missed out through injury. He is always a threat and we miss him during the times he's injured. We need a like-for-like guy in the summer or someone who can REALLY push Lennon to up his game. I want a fully fit 35+ game season from Lennon next year hopefully.

Parker - 8.. Even though his form dipped the last few months, you can not forget the unbelievable performances he was putting on in his early career, my word. He got about 5 man of the match awards in a row on top of that, then got one for England against Spain I believe it was? Great buy and proved many wrong.

Sandro - 7.. Another one unlucky with injuries this year. In some games this season he really looked disjointed at times, poor passing mixed with some poor tackles etc. but the past two months, he has been the player we know he can be, absolute machine running up and down, tackling hard and fair, good passing and he's formed a great partnership with Modric in the middle.

Livermore - 7.. Here is a player I thought would never make it at Spurs but it just shows that anyone can make it when you don't expect it. He has improved MASSIVELY since his first league start on our opening game against United at Old Trafford. His performance against Everton at home for me is still one of the best individual performances of the season, well done Jake!

Modric - 8.. After the whole summer fiasco, missing the game at OT, starting but not looking bothered in the loss at home to City, he quickly got into most of the Spurs fans hearts with his cracking goal against Liverpool, from there he has given us some great performances and I hope he stays on as a Spurs player.

Bale - 8.5.. A great season from Bale, showing improvements every year as a Spurs player, last year was his best year until this year where he's performed even better, netting braces in games, scoring cracking goals like the ones at QPR, Norwich and Emirates Marketing Project and adding to his shocking shocking assist tally last year, more of the same next year Bale!!

van der Vaart - 7.5.. Not as good as he was last season goals wise but this year I sort of feel he kinda added more to the team? I thought him and Modric at times had brilliant chemistry and I think he really worked well with Adebayor, both set up each other numerous times, most recently Adebayor's final goal for the club against Fulham, he looks to love the club and I can see him perhaps captaining us in some games in players absences.

Adebayor - 8.. Got to give him a 8. Maybe it's just because we haven't anyone nearly as close to his ability since we had Berbatov, but 18 goals in a league season as well as setting up 12 goals is a brilliant return from any striker. We need to either sign him up on a permanent, another loan or get someone in with similar ability or even better because he made us tick up front.

Defoe - 7.5.. This may be a bit too high, I don't know but I feel he deserves it, not got the most starts this year but boy has he scored some goals for us, some important ones too, when we've needed them. Absolute goal machine last year, especially after he had that ridiculous drought of like 15 or so months without scoring from open play or something ridiculous. I think he may leave in the summer to be honest.

I think 7.5 is a little too high for VdV - not enough goals and assists for an attacking midfielder/2nd striker.

Harry 8 for first half of the season - 4 for the last 3 months

nitpicking, the QPR lost was Friedel's mistake, he was positioned wrong, got himself wrong footed.

That said, otherwise excellent season

I think 7.5 is a little too high for VdV - not enough goals and assists for an attacking midfielder/2nd striker.

disagree, 11 PL Goals with 6 direct assists (involved in a lot of our attacking plays, e.g. VDV -> Modric/Bale -> Scorer)

Actually believe fan opinion of VDV has done this weird trip of

- Initially brilliant, great we have a WC player ->
- How do we fit him in? +concerns re his fitness ->
- He's ok/good (as he has sorted his fitness and we have fit him in, imo Sandro/Modric/VDV makes us very good)

He still is our premier WC player, 7.5 easy or more for me.

Friedel - 8.5 rock of consistency that we have sorely needed over the years
Walker - 8 breakthrough season really improved defensively over the course of the season future star!
Kaboul - 8 Made another step up this season. Now is our clear cut #1 CB
King - 6 Great in the first of season half awful in the second half. Only should be backup from now on
Gallas - 7 Injuries for big part of the season but when he played he was fantastic
Nelsen - 6.5 I thought he looked good when he played maybe we should keep him on as cover
Parker - 8 was generally brilliant probably my player of season
BAE - 7.5 very good has become mr. reliable
Rose - 5.5 took a step back this season
GDS - 5 not enough time more of the same looked good in flashes against small cup foes couldn't break into squad
Livermore - 7 always did a job when called upon unexpected contribution
Modric - 7 had some very good matches but still struggles in final third
Lennon - 6 more of same from Azza. Had some great cameos but inconsistency and injuries slowed his season
Bale - 7.5 I think some may mark him lower because with his ability we are always expecting more but he was a matchwinner for us on numerous occasions
Kranjcar - 6 thought he had some very good matches and deserved more opportunities especially when Lennon was out
Sandro - 7 brilliant finish to an otherwise so so campaign expect big things next season
Carroll - 6.5 granted was against lower opposition but he looks a possible future star
VDV - 7.5 thought he was vital to our success. great work rate for a flair player
Adebayor - 7.5 made a huge difference with his hold up play but should score more
Defoe - 7 the lad could always score but when he got chances to start he didn't fully take advantage if only we could combine Ade's overall play with Defoe's finishing!
Saha - 6 looked a stroke of genius from Harry after his first few matches but went off a cliff after that

Harry - 7 It is hard to overlook our second half results but still finishing above Chelsea and Liverpool with our budget constraints is a fine accomplishment. It is also easy to get annoyed with Harry's constant media flirting flimflam with every club/player/manager out there but if he can deliver us in CL places I can only say he did a good job.

Friedel - 8 - Dependable and reliable sum up his improvement on Gomes
Cudicini - 6.5 - Meh

Walker - 8 - Fantastic debut year. Well done.
Kaboul - 8.5 - A totally different player to his first spell
Gallas - 7.5 - A fantastic presence to have at the club
King - 7.5 - A typically excellent first half shadowed by an injury ridden second. Please don't retire.
Nelsen - 7 - Could've been worse
Dawson - 7 - What is it with our medical team
BAE - 7.5 - LOL
Rose - 6.5 - Not sure he's good enough.

Lennon - 7.5 - Injured too much, sadly. Fantastic when fit and deserves to go to the Euros over Walcott, but won't
Kranjcar - 7 - Ran hot or cold. Didn't run much.
Modric - 8.5 - Not a million miles away from being the best player I've seen at the club. Levy'd better make sure he stays.
Sandro - 7.5 - Beast
Parker - 8 - His and Sandro's good and bad kinda matched each other out, but he was phenomenal for most of the season
Livermore - 7 - Impressed by him
Bale - 8 - Double digits in goals and assists, good year.

Ade - 8.5 - 4th highest in the PL in Statto's combined table. I really hope we resign him; he brings something to the team we haven't seen since Berba
Defoe - 7.5 - Odd one to rate, really. He's come up with goals when played, but he's a difficult one to fit into a system or play in big games. Again, hope he stays
VDV - 8 - I love him
Saha - 7 - Bright start, fizzled out. Won't miss him.

Harry - 7.5 - Love you on the pitch, dislike you off it. Some of the football we played this year was orgasmic

Les Ferdinand - 2 - what do you do?

disagree, 11 PL Goals with 6 direct assists (involved in a lot of our attacking plays, e.g. VDV -> Modric/Bale -> Scorer)

Actually believe fan opinion of VDV has done this weird trip of

- Initially brilliant, great we have a WC player ->
- How do we fit him in? +concerns re his fitness ->
- He's ok/good (as he has sorted his fitness and we have fit him in, imo Sandro/Modric/VDV makes us very good)

He still is our premier WC player, 7.5 easy or more for me.

Ultimately we came up short because we did not score enough. 11 goals and 6 assists is not world class. Modric does not get enough assists or goals, but his fluency and overall ball retention makes up for it.

I don't think VdV's does. Especially as it kept our top scorer out of the team. Which IMO cost us goals and vital points. Great player happy to have him at the club, but should not be an automatic starter.

Ultimately we came up short because we did not score enough. 11 goals and 6 assists is not world class. Modric does not get enough assists or goals, but his fluency and overall ball retention makes up for it.

I don't think VdV's does. Especially as it kept our top scorer out of the team. Which IMO cost us goals and vital points. Great player happy to have him at the club, but should not be an automatic starter.

VDV is another who's contribution to the team will always out-weigh the alternative (being Defoe). Defoe may score a lot, but we will generally concede a lot more with him in the team. VDV's work rate this season was brilliant. There were times when he was tackling at right fullback. Defoe, the poor dear, will be barely get his socks dirty.

No idea why so many are voting for Adebayor. The logic seems we would be lost without him. The fact is he was so inconsistent throughout the season (even from one half of football to another) that he doesn't deserve to be player of the year. There's other players who have put in consistent performances, never dropping below a certain level, all season, whereas Ade was regularly collecting multiple 5's in the match ratings threads.

Could be the 17 goals and 12 assists he got

Kaboul has been the consistent rock at the centre of our defence, then Rafa then Bale for me.

Voted for Younes in the official player of the year vote amongst members, I think he was pretty unlucky not to win it. I would have had Rafa above Parker as well tbh

Back