• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Judging from his posts, I'm highly sceptical that DFL sells photo lighting gear made in Chicago.

Thank you for the nice comment on the Townsend print. I've made t-shirts and sweatshirts with that shot on it for family and friends.

The original frame of Townsend also included Roger Daltry. But I Photoshopped him the Phuck out. Damned if I ever hang an Arsenal fan on my walls.
I love how a Gooner still loses the battle for your wall space to a guy whose terrible browsing history ensured him a place on the Sex Offenders Register.

We're still waiting for the publication of that book you were researching for, Pete.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear that, makes you realise how fragile life is. Thoughts to you and his family.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Sorry to hear that mate.
Cheers lads.
I'm just in bits. He never smoked, didn't drink much. He'd put a bit of weight on the last couple of years but nothing major.
He went up to bed for a nap and when his wife went to wake him up he was dead. They think heart attack but there will be an autopsy.
55 years old!
I'm just in shock. He was such a great bloke I'm going to miss him so much.

Cheers lads.
I'm just in bits. He never smoked, didn't drink much. He'd put a bit of weight on the last couple of years but nothing major.
He went up to bed for a nap and when his wife went to wake him up he was dead. They think heart attack but there will be an autopsy.
55 years old!
Sorry for your loss
I know of a few recent people through work in a similar boat and TBH I’m quite speechless and just didn’t know what to say
Again really sorry for your loss

Cheers lads.
55 years old!

So sorry to hear this mate. That’s no age at all.

Sorry for your loss
I know of a few recent people through work in a similar boat and TBH I’m quite speechless and just didn’t know what to say
Currently we've not lost anybody from my friendship group, we're all inching upto 50 though so it does worry me a bit
and sorry for your loss @FolkestoneSpur it must be very tough currently

Sorry for your loss

So sorry to hear this mate. That’s no age at all.

Currently we've not lost anybody from my friendship group, we're all inching upto 50 though so it does worry me a bit
Thank you, it seems silly but you're kind words mean a lot, cheers..

It's mad mate, all of my group of lads have abused ourselves in one way or another over the years, we're not pretty, but Stu? Nope always sensible never to excess.
True working class hero my mate Stu and a true passionate Spurs fan, I honestly think I might have drifted away from the club or football in general if not for him.

I'm still here.

Not to be disrespectful to the story above, but, as I begin to roll through my '60s, it's become a catchphrase amongst my crowd.

Started one night when a tipsy pal decided to head to bed after a night 'round a cottage campfire, where abundant refreshments were passed around. Instead of heading for his bunk bed, he opted to snooze on the hood of a car, lying back on the windscreen and apparently nodding off. We soon learned that our comments about him got a little too loud and were being overheard when he bellowed from the parking lot, "I'm still here".

Since then, it's taken on a sort of gallows humour as we've all begun to age, most of us having lived a little bit more than a little.

Kind of like when I used to tell an octogenarian acquaintance, "good to see you".

He'd reply: "At my age, it's good to be seen."

Last edited:
As for 'what happened today', my wife comes home after a stellar week ambling and zip-lining about with her four sisters in the British Columbia Rockies (Whistler, Blackcomb) in 27C sunshine and we discuss the crazy weather. She mentions Hurricane Ian pounding Florida now and how it's probably causing some severe damage to the holiday home near Naples, Fla., of a former friend, who resides in the northern suburbs of Toronto

Someone I was best man to at his first - of several - weddings. Someone who married his high school sweetheart, promptly had two kids with and, within three years of uttering his marriage vows, was banging a teenage lookalike on a boat we were staying on briefly in Ft. Lauderdale. Which I soon learned was hardly his first indiscretion nor remotely close to his last. His poor wife was a truly lovely, decent woman, too, one my wife and I had immense respect for. Forgave him and forgave him and finally had to pack it in and divorce him.

The settlement cost him big time, including ownership of the deluxe, spacious post-and-beam beauty of a cottage he had built across the bay from our place. So he's forced to bring the kids up to his parent's crappy cottage next door to ours and spends hours sulking moodily on the shoreline or hanging around a blazing campfire on a chunk of shoreline that we - my wife and I - own but have granted him use of.

Eventually he uses his paternal mother's huge financial resources to build another place for himself and moves there. A year or so later, as we're doing some clean up along the shoreline where we let him build his campfires, we discover under bushes, multiple rows and layers of green garbage bags filled with ashes and rubbish from his campfires. He'd just dumped them and covered them with branches and leaves, hoping no one would discover them.

We found them. And that was the end of a childhood friendship. We're not social with him anymore and, mercifully, have missed his next four marriages.

Little wonder then that I'm feeling outside of my usual humane, tolerant self and hoping Hurricane Ian absolutely drowns my ex-pal's vacation home.

Last edited:
Of my group of schoolfriends about six of us stayed close. We’re just over 50. One pal had a nine pound tumour removed from his chest in January - he’s fine now but obviously we thought he was terminally I’ll.

a second in that group my best mate really was in hospital for six weeks with vascicutis inside his skull. Not sure he will be able to go back to work and that was touch and go for a little while.

In addition one of my long standing friends from work died at home of unknown causes aged 51 in June.

So yeah, we get old. I’ve turned the dial down on my excesses this year.

I'm still here.

Not to be disrespectful to the story above, but, as I begin to roll through my '60s, it's become a catchphrase amongst my crowd.

Started one night when a tipsy pal decided to head to bed after a night 'round a cottage campfire, where abundant refreshments were passed around. Instead of heading for his bunk bed, he opted to snooze on the hood of a car, lying back on the windscreen and apparently nodding off. We soon learned that our comments about him got a little too loud and were being overheard when he bellowed from the parking lot, "I'm still here".

Since then, it's taken on a sort of gallows humour as we've all begun to age, most of us having lived a little bit more than a little.

Kind of like when I used to tell an octogenarian acquaintance, "good to see you".

He'd reply: "At my age, it's good to be seen."
No offence taken. Gallows humour's all you've got in these situations, I certainly can't think of anything particularly profound to say.
I've got a friend who's brother is in charge of hospitality at the club and we've managed to arrange for an obituary in the match day programme for what I think will be the Everton game. No idea what I'm going to write.

No offence taken. Gallows humour's all you've got in these situations, I certainly can't think of anything particularly profound to say.
I've got a friend who's brother is in charge of hospitality at the club and we've managed to arrange for an obituary in the match day programme for what I think will be the Everton game. No idea what I'm going to write.

I am sure he would have loved that as will all his acquantainces.

Back