• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Sorry to hear that mate, happened to my mums cousin. He was a bit older, was a dentist so generally looked after himself and had no health issues. Few weeks before his 70th told his wife he had a headache and was going for a lie down, few hours later she went up and he'd had a heart attack and died.

Spurs shat their pants. Now I'm waiting for Jefferson Starship and Deep Purple to take the stage. Sometimes life is more than football. fudge you Asrenal.

Okay, so Jefferson Starship failed to show, but Deep Purple are kicking our asses at the age of 80 or something.

So i am pretty fuming. it might sound trivial but it doesn't feel that way.

My son is very average at football. He plays for a team, and he's not first on the team sheet but he does ok.

His school picked the football team for next week and he's not been selected, but a player that cannot get into his team (was dropped to their B team and then left there too), has been selected over him. And i'm fudging furious.

I get that he's not a superstar, but they've picked basically every boy who plays football except him, and picked a kid who is not as good as him, literally, on the basis he's a bit taller and faster (but can barely kick a ball).

It hurts me because he's gutted. And i know full well he's better than the other kid, the coaches of his team all said this too. It's been said many times but for a brown kid to succeed, he has to work twice as hard as his white counterparts and this feels like an example of it.

So fudged off.

My son is very average at football. He plays for a team, and he's not first on the team sheet but he does ok.

His school picked the football team for next week and he's not been selected, but a player that cannot get into his team (was dropped to their B team and then left there too), has been selected over him. And i'm fudging furious.

I get that he's not a superstar, but they've picked basically every boy who plays football except him, and picked a kid who is not as good as him, literally, on the basis he's a bit taller and faster (but can barely kick a ball).

It hurts me because he's gutted. And i know full well he's better than the other kid, the coaches of his team all said this too. It's been said many times but for a brown kid to succeed, he has to work twice as hard as his white counterparts and this feels like an example of it.

So fudged off.

Sorry to hear it mate, you may understandably just wanting to blow off steam rather than hear suggestions, but would it not be more suitable for your son to play in the B team where he's more likely to play?

Has anyone done / said anything to indicate this decision was about skin colour? I know people are a bit more subtle these days with discrimination, certainly hope that ethnicity hasn't come in to play but obviously you know the situation better than I do..

So fudged off.
Should have been at my school
We loved the brown kids as most were faster and stronger
I had some great insides mates who I think could have made a real go of a career in football (2 played county and 1 had England trials).
in fact thinking about the team I played in that won all the local cups… 3 Indian lads, 2 mixed race, 2 Italian, 6 white kids and a Yugoslavian lad
Is it one game? And is it a regular paratice school, where kids are select off that?

So fudged off.
My son is sometimes picked in the A team and sometimes in the B team and sometimes not at all.
He doesn't really enjoy the A team as they play in league1 against academy kids and lose 5-0. He much prefers the B team as they play in league 3 and win 5-0 each week. In truth he prefers doing neither and playing X Box at home.

Don't worry too much, your son can work his way into the team soon enough.

I coach a youth team*.

At that age we don’t always select based on ability and/or performance.

It’s (rightly) hammered into us by the FA that everyone should get equal playing time, irrespective of ability, it’s not about winning, it’s about the kids enjoying themselves.

When it comes to starting games, being at the sessions and matches on time, and not faffing about in warm up and training can help decide who starts on the bench too.

Which is all to say, you may be right @Diamond Lights , but there might be a more innocent explanation. The other kid might be getting rewarded for something you are not seeing.

*Obviously I play 5 at the back and a DM. In 7 a side.

I coach a youth team*.

At that age we don’t always select based on ability and/or performance.

It’s (rightly) hammered into us by the FA that everyone should get equal playing time, irrespective of ability, it’s not about winning, it’s about the kids enjoying themselves.

When it comes to starting games, being at the sessions and matches on time, and not faffing about in warm up and training can help decide who starts on the bench too.

Which is all to say, you may be right @Diamond Lights , but there might be a more innocent explanation. The other kid might be getting rewarded for something you are not seeing.

*Obviously I play 5 at the back and a DM. In 7 a side.
Thief of joy formation

Went to some friends who live in the middle of the forrest last night, got a designated sleeping space inside a little cottage there, and the brickhole was filled with flies. I must've killed at least 10 of the bastards, but they kept coming. So I didn't sleep for a fudging second last night. Then! I had promised to join the whole family, grandparents and my kid and his cousin's and so on, on a day out today watching Matilda - they told me a few weeks ago that it was a play, but it turned out to be a bloody musical. I fudging hate musicals with a passion. So I've just sat watching a bricky musical barely being able to keep my eyes open. Then got told off for saying I thought it was brick when they asked me what I thought of it. Hope this day will just end soon.

Back