• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I feel your pain, musicals are torture.

I feel embarrassed having people sing at me.

I just don't get them. The music is crap, like some sort of cabaret generic flimflam, and it just clutters the whole story, and you don't get what the hell they're singing about anyway, and just when you start getting a little bit of the story, some donkey come singing onto the stage - and of course there were lots of kids on stage singing as well, and even though everyone thinks they're sweet and talented, they're voices shriek and pierce my ears, a fudging nightmare, especially if all you want to do is sleep. :p

I just don't get them. The music is crap, like some sort of cabaret generic flimflam, and it just clutters the whole story, and you don't get what the hell they're singing about anyway, and just when you start getting a little bit of the story, some donkey come singing onto the stage - and of course there were lots of kids on stage singing as well, and even though everyone thinks they're sweet and talented, they're voices shriek and pierce my ears, a fudging nightmare, especially if all you want to do is sleep. :p
I'm not fond of musicals either, but I really enjoyed Starlight express. Some good songs, and the rollerskating was brilliant, especially with the track being built around the whole theatre, so they whizzed past you very close.

Went to some friends who live in the middle of the forrest last night, got a designated sleeping space inside a little cottage there, and the brickhole was filled with flies. I must've killed at least 10 of the bastards, but they kept coming. So I didn't sleep for a fudging second last night. Then! I had promised to join the whole family, grandparents and my kid and his cousin's and so on, on a day out today watching Matilda - they told me a few weeks ago that it was a play, but it turned out to be a bloody musical. I fudging hate musicals with a passion. So I've just sat watching a bricky musical barely being able to keep my eyes open. Then got told off for saying I thought it was brick when they asked me what I thought of it. Hope this day will just end soon.

Haha, I let the Mrs take my kids to Matilda, i remember pulling out an excuse from somewhere!

Got quite a few of our kids Xmas pressies off Amazon Prime Early Sale today
Best bargain was a Barbie Dreamhouse was £309 it was down to £160
Might be worth taking a look to see if any good deals

Tesco has raised the price of its meal deal as food costs soar.

The sandwich, snack and drink deal will jump to more than £3 for the first time in 10 years to £3.40 for Tesco Clubcard members, and from £3.50 to £3.90 for people who do not have one.

Food prices are rising at their fastest rate in 42 years, squeezing household budgets and driving grocery inflation to 14.6% in the 12 months to September.

Tesco said its meal deal still represented "great value".

The supermarket said more than 70% of its customers currently use a Clubcard, which is a free card that gives customers discounts.

In February, Tesco upped the price of its meal deal from £3 to £3.50 for non-Clubcard members, but the latest rise marks the first time the popular lunch choice has gone over £3 for all customers.

Tesco's competitors, such as Sainsbury's and Co-op, offer similar meal deals at £3.50 and £4 respectively. Boots alsoincreased the price of its meal deal for the second time this year, the Daily Mirror reported.

The high street pharmacy chain has increased the standard price of its meal deal from £3.59 to £3.99, and from £4.19 to £4.99 in London.

Companies are facing increased costs for things like fuel, wages and ingredients, and many firms are now passing those onto customers by raising prices.

In July, McDonald's put up the price of its cheeseburger for the first time in more than 14 years, from 99p to £1.19, due to growing cost pressures.

The fast food firm said its UK restaurants would be adding between 10p and 20p to a number of items. Meanwhile, bakery chain Greggs has warned that its prices could go up for a second time this year.

Tesco has raised the price of its meal deal as food costs soar.

The sandwich, snack and drink deal will jump to more than £3 for the first time in 10 years to £3.40 for Tesco Clubcard members, and from £3.50 to £3.90 for people who do not have one.

Food prices are rising at their fastest rate in 42 years, squeezing household budgets and driving grocery inflation to 14.6% in the 12 months to September.

Tesco said its meal deal still represented "great value".

The supermarket said more than 70% of its customers currently use a Clubcard, which is a free card that gives customers discounts.

In February, Tesco upped the price of its meal deal from £3 to £3.50 for non-Clubcard members, but the latest rise marks the first time the popular lunch choice has gone over £3 for all customers.

Tesco's competitors, such as Sainsbury's and Co-op, offer similar meal deals at £3.50 and £4 respectively. Boots alsoincreased the price of its meal deal for the second time this year, the Daily Mirror reported.

The high street pharmacy chain has increased the standard price of its meal deal from £3.59 to £3.99, and from £4.19 to £4.99 in London.

Companies are facing increased costs for things like fuel, wages and ingredients, and many firms are now passing those onto customers by raising prices.

In July, McDonald's put up the price of its cheeseburger for the first time in more than 14 years, from 99p to £1.19, due to growing cost pressures.

The fast food firm said its UK restaurants would be adding between 10p and 20p to a number of items. Meanwhile, bakery chain Greggs has warned that its prices could go up for a second time this year.
A lot of cooperations and companies are using inflation as an excuse to jack up prices even more, and take out ridiculous profits!

As an example, I build speakers, and modify and improve the crossover network on speakers. Usually I make air core inductors myself, but lately I didn't have the time to do it, so had to buy some ready made ones. I know the going rate for the copper has increased and probably shipping and some other stuff as well since I last bought from this company, and by my calculations, the price should be up by about 12-15%. However, they had jacked up the price by more than 35%! I told them I wasn't going to accept the offer and why, and they promptly gave me a 20% discount.
People are getting screwed and robbed by big cooperations, and it shows that non-regulated market economy just doesn't work. The greed is endless!

A lot of cooperations and companies are using inflation as an excuse to jack up prices even more, and take out ridiculous profits!

As an example, I build speakers, and modify and improve the crossover network on speakers. Usually I make air core inductors myself, but lately I didn't have the time to do it, so had to buy some ready made ones. I know the going rate for the copper has increased and probably shipping and some other stuff as well since I last bought from this company, and by my calculations, the price should be up by about 12-15%. However, they had jacked up the price by more than 35%! I told them I wasn't going to accept the offer and why, and they promptly gave me a 20% discount.
People are getting screwed and robbed by big cooperations, and it shows that non-regulated market economy just doesn't work. The greed is endless!
100% !!!
It was COVID at first to put prices up now it's inflation, the prices will never go down either

I do it all the time
I’m the head of procurement for a very large global workspace company
I see some great reasons for increases… it’s people hedging their bets
Had a software company who provide us with digital scales ask for a 28% increase on a product we already have.. I went though it and they argued fuel, energy, food… which I said was great. But, the products installed and made, the software we currently have is fine so we will accept no upgrades currently and we will now pay for reactive fixes only so I want a discount.
Now the proposed increase is 3%

Landed at Luton Airport about 1 hour ago. My car was stolen from Priority Parking. Or the clams crashed it or something. Fuk knows. Currently in a taxi home.

I’m going to miss this car :(

Attachments

• DD489A24-8501-4D79-916F-4FEC7FEF660C.jpeg
    DD489A24-8501-4D79-916F-4FEC7FEF660C.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 36
Back