• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Yeah the food. Not your kids. That's a bit creepy.
It’s the fist time I’ve used it
I used a BBQ with smoked wood on Monday for some steak which was great
I was in Denmark and Sweden during the week and went to Warpigs in Copenhagen. I love proper smoked BBQ and that place is immense… and full of Norwegians

Left work at 3pm to drive to the airport. The motorway was packed, but luckily I was able to spot that and drive on some smaller roads instead. A parking spot opened up just as I got there (15 minute walk, but free).

Now my flight is delayed for half an hour, so I decide to get a burger. Turns out my order was the last one before they closed the counter due to staff shortage.

The plane actually arrived earlier than expected, but they somehow managed to get even more delayed. Not sure why we had to queue for the runway since there were no other planes taking off or landing.

We land in Oslo and when I enter the terminal the clock says 6.44pm and my connecting flight leaves at 6.45pm. I just run as fast as I can from one end of the airport, through taxfree shops and passport checks, to the other end. There were about three or four others in the same situation, so at least I wasn't the last person to board.

Got myself a beer and a cider now. Took off a little behind schedule, but looks like we'll make that up. Not sure if I should feel annoyed at all the inconveniences or elated that I made it

Left work at 3pm to drive to the airport. The motorway was packed, but luckily I was able to spot that and drive on some smaller roads instead. A parking spot opened up just as I got there (15 minute walk, but free).

Now my flight is delayed for half an hour, so I decide to get a burger. Turns out my order was the last one before they closed the counter due to staff shortage.

The plane actually arrived earlier than expected, but they somehow managed to get even more delayed. Not sure why we had to queue for the runway since there were no other planes taking off or landing.

We land in Oslo and when I enter the terminal the clock says 6.44pm and my connecting flight leaves at 6.45pm. I just run as fast as I can from one end of the airport, through taxfree shops and passport checks, to the other end. There were about three or four others in the same situation, so at least I wasn't the last person to board.

Got myself a beer and a cider now. Took off a little behind schedule, but looks like we'll make that up. Not sure if I should feel annoyed at all the inconveniences or elated that I made it
I coming to Norway soon for work
London to Trondheim then back to Oslo
It the week we okay united away. Anywhere that you would suggest I can watch it?

Was at a wedding yesterday for the drummer in my band (we haven’t played in 10 years but never split up)
And we ended up playing a song. It was quite intriguing as only 3 people in the audience had ever seen us play. Went down brilliantly with the crowd and specially the drummers new wife
Almost had a mare as I couldn’t remember the song… and trying to euro if our after drinking for 10 hours is not good

Wow. Opportunity knocks.

Helicopter. Automatic rifles.

Lifetime supply of Jack Grealish's man bags.

JackGrealish.gucci.jpg

Bought a used Speedotron 2400 watt/second power pack today. Vendor dropped it off at my place. Big, durable heavy beast that generates walloping flash power. To minimize flash duration, I use quad-tube flash heads which split the power through four high-speed tubes. Standard equipment for many ice hockey or basketball team or league photographers, as well as advertising photogs who shoot big items like cars.

Speedotron-2401B-Black-Line-Studio-Strobe-Lighting-Power.jpg
images
I4YRY62.jpg

Anyway, the guy who sells me the power pack is a photographer and he notices a black-and-white print of Pete Townsend that I have on a hallway wall, taken when I was just getting started as a photog. He begins telling me about his career shooting music through the '70s and 80s.

As we're talking, I realize how many different concerts or club shows we've both been at. We've crossed paths and been in the same room so many times yet never knew about one another.

As he reciting his stories, he pulls out his phone and starts scrolling through images of prints he's scanned to digital format. And there, off to one side in a B&W frame taken at The Pretenders concert at the Maple Leaf Ballroom, is me, unmistakeable in my beloved distressed leather bomber jacket, with my camera to my eye, snapping away. He's gonna find the neg and make a print for me.

Crazy, small world.

Bought a used Speedotron 2400 watt/second power pack today. Vendor dropped it off at my place. Big, durable heavy beast that generates walloping flash power. To minimize flash duration, I use quad-tube flash heads which split the power through four high-speed tubes. Standard equipment for many ice hockey or basketball team or league photographers, as well as advertising photogs who shoot big items like cars.

images
I4YRY62.jpg

Anyway, the guy who sells me the power pack is a photographer and he notices a black-and-white print of Pete Townsend that I have on a hallway wall, taken when I was just getting started as a photog. He begins telling me about his career shooting music through the '70s and 80s.

As we're talking, I realize how many different concerts or club shows we've both been at. We've crossed paths and been in the same room so many times yet never knew about one another.

As he reciting his stories, he pulls out his phone and starts scrolling through images of prints he's scanned to digital format. And there, off to one side in a B&W frame taken at The Pretenders concert at the Maple Leaf Ballroom, is me, unmistakeable in my beloved distressed leather bomber jacket, with my camera to my eye, snapping away. He's gonna find the neg and make a print for me.

Crazy, small world.
Do you know Mick a Huston who is a music photographer ?

images
I4YRY62.jpg

Crazy, small world.

I saw the first two pics and wondered what you were doing buying gear from Danishfurniturelover.
Great third pic, have sent this post on to my wife who is a big Who fan, nice one.

Judging from his posts, I'm highly sceptical that DFL sells photo lighting gear made in Chicago.

Thank you for the nice comment on the Townsend print. I've made t-shirts and sweatshirts with that shot on it for family and friends.

The original frame of Townsend also included Roger Daltry. But I Photoshopped him the Phuck out. Damned if I ever hang an Arsenal fan on my walls.

Last edited:
Do you know Mick a Huston who is a music photographer ?

No. You must mean Mick Hutson. Still, no.

But I have been photo assistant for the famous Sports Illustrated photog Walter Iooss Jr.(pompous knob). Golfed with Onze Mondiale's incredibly talented Michel Barault (wonderful company) and shared several plane flights and cab rides with official FIFA photog Peter Robinson (great guy who inspired me to work harder).

And played golf on the Scottish family estate pitch-and-putt course of famous commercial and wildlife photog David Yarrow (who took an even more famous shot of Maradona with the '86 World Cup, where we met.)

Last edited:
Back