• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

fudge it, I'm not one for online "personal" bs but what they hay.
A day late, but I woke up at 3am in the morning yesterday and had the most stressful day due to various unforeseen events and became a dad at 9am for the first time.

2020 needs more good news and this is my contribution.

Congratulations! Hope all are doing well.

A day late, but I woke up at 3am in the morning yesterday and had the most stressful day due to various unforeseen events and became a dad at 9am for the first time.

Congrats matey, welcome to the best club in the world

Congrats. Hope you're looking forward to your next decent sleep in about 18 years.

Congrats, @Trixster! :D Try to get enough sleep, it's going to get precious ...

I'm sick again. Nothing serious, just headaches, snotty nose, feeling under the weather and unable to think straight. I've been sick like this almost on a monthly basis for the past couple of years. fudging annoying. I think it might be due to just not sleeping well at night (something I've never really taken too seriously) and getting a shoddy immune system as a result. I'm tired all day, but when the night comes, I can't get to sleep - so I get like 4-5 hours of sleep, and the cycle continues until my body is just run down and breaks down. I've tried using melatonin to help fall asleep quicker - it works, but for some odd reason I just wake up at 4-5 in the morning when I take it, so what's the point. Need to find something that actually works.

Anyways, the corona situation is getting worse here in Oslo, we're almost back at a full lockdown - so it's not going to be the most eventful of weekends.

Nice thread, this. :)

Saw this on my walk earlier.

Tosser.jpg

haha!

Well done to all.

Congrats, @Trixster! :D Try to get enough sleep, it's going to get precious ...

I was going to hit like as I have done on the other posts, then I read the rest of your post and it didn't seem right, so you get the personal thank you :)

Hope you start to feel better and manage to get some decent kip as well, for me whisky works but then it isn't very healthy..

Last edited:
I had a brilliant idea today.

working from home I constantly have to get up to answer knocks at the door from drop offs which I don’t need to answer.

So I’ve put a note on my door that two knocks tells me I don’t need to answer straightaway. Four knocks tells me I need to get up and go down to answer the door.

I had a brilliant idea today.

working from home I constantly have to get up to answer knocks at the door from drop offs which I don’t need to answer.

So I’ve put a note on my door that two knocks tells me I don’t need to answer straightaway. Four knocks tells me I need to get up and go down to answer the door.

What happens if two people come to the door and both knock twice[emoji2371]

Congrats to all

What happens if two people come to the door and both knock twice[emoji2371]

That’s an interesting scenario, one that I hadn’t considered.

I’d hope they would have the good sense to note that if they don’t need me to answer the door, and they’ve just witnessed someone else knocking on the door, that they wouldn’t then also, knock on the door.

Also presumably they would also allow sufficient time to read my, increasingly detailed, rules pertaining to the impact within this household, of failing to observe the correct number of raps on the door.

This isn’t going to work is it. We need a national standard.

Driving a vehicle that’s failed
You can take your vehicle away if:
  • your current MOT certificate is still valid
  • no ‘dangerous’ problems were listed in the MOT
Otherwise, you’ll need to get it repaired before you can drive.

If you can take your vehicle away, it must still meet the minimum standards of roadworthiness at all times.

You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle that has failed its MOT because of a ‘dangerous’ problem.

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test

So if your car fails you can't drive until its fixed?
Someone needs to rewrite that.

I'm watching Pakistan play a T20 against Zimbabwe. And I'm gonna get in to my reread of Dune 20 years since I first read it.

Started my birthday weekend with a lovely 6 mile walk in the countryside, the sun was so warm it was gorgeous

Am going to watch a few footie games today then tonight we're having a takeaway from our favourite Turkish restaurant

Tomorrow, off for another walk in the park, my parents are joining us then back home to watch Spurs at 12pm then a Roast Beef lunch, a good bottle of red and chill out with the kids

Perfect weekend actually

Just had two Bacon Baguettes were smashing, although could easily have another two.

Watching the world cup of Darts at the moment just having a chilled one with a gallon of coffee.....bliss

Just had two Bacon Baguettes were smashing, although could easily have another two.

Watching the world cup of Darts at the moment just having a chilled one with a gallon of coffee.....bliss

What kind of coffee do you drink? I had a takeaway flat white from the local cafe early doors (quality) and now having a moka pot espresso with a small splash of milk. Grind our own beans.

Agree that coffee = bliss.

What kind of coffee do you drink? I had a takeaway flat white from the local cafe early doors (quality) and now having a moka pot espresso with a small splash of milk. Grind our own beans.

Agree that coffee = bliss.

I have a friend who works for a Coffee Brokers in Croydon, so we get loads of stuff from around the globe that they sell to the market, TBH I am not sure what this one if as its unmarked but its smooth. I take my coffee black TBH

Back