• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I was looking out the window today when I should have been working and saw one of my neighbours, whose back garden backs onto mine, come out his back door tinkle on his own wall and then walk back in.

My family (me my wife and our son) where put in quarentine today, as one of the employees in the kindergarten group my son is in, tested positive for Covid-19.
This brick suddenly got a lot closer now! :(
Our county has been blessed with no cases since late march, but in the last couple of weeks, cases have emerged again, with frightening speed, and 100s are quarantined every day now. Fortunately we haven't been anywhere since the weekend, so if we are infected, at least there is little chance we have spread it further, and none of us have any symptoms. Yet.....

Took car for MOT. It failed. Something about some front wheel bearing (no idea) can’t get it fixed until Monday.

Actually, quick question. My current MOT is valid until Sunday. Can I use the car up to then if it’s not deemed ‘dangerous?’ The mechanic was happy to let me drive it back to mine and return on Monday.

Went for a run with a mate and talked about everything and nothing.

Went to the store to get two nuts for two bolts, and got it for free.

Danced with my son in the street.

Spent way to much time on my phone getting updates from the US election.

Missed the game.

Took car for MOT. It failed. Something about some front wheel bearing (no idea) can’t get it fixed until Monday.

Actually, quick question. My current MOT is valid until Sunday. Can I use the car up to then if it’s not deemed ‘dangerous?’ The mechanic was happy to let me drive it back to mine and return on Monday.
I think once it's failed, its classed as not roadworthy from that point regardless if you had time left on your current MOT.

I'd imagine your insurance would be invalid if anything happened now as well.

Went for a run with a mate and talked about everything and nothing.

Went to the store to get two nuts for two bolts, and got it for free.

Danced with my son in the street.

Spent way to much time on my phone getting updates from the US election.

Missed the game.
Talking while running?. Not for me Clive.

I was looking out the window today when I should have been working and saw one of my neighbours, whose back garden backs onto mine, come out his back door tinkle on his own wall and then walk back in.

I can't believe that you're giving this stuff away for free on here rather than save it for your autobiography.

My family (me my wife and our son) where put in quarentine today, as one of the employees in the kindergarten group my son is in, tested positive for Covid-19.
This brick suddenly got a lot closer now! :(
Our county has been blessed with no cases since late march, but in the last couple of weeks, cases have emerged again, with frightening speed, and 100s are quarantined every day now. Fortunately we haven't been anywhere since the weekend, so if we are infected, at least there is little chance we have spread it further, and none of us have any symptoms. Yet.....

Hope everything goes well mate.

I think once it's failed, its classed as not roadworthy from that point regardless if you had time left on your current MOT.

I'd imagine your insurance would be invalid if anything happened now as well.

ah ok, I read differently somewhere. Best to be take any risk out of it and just be without a car for a few days. Cheers mate.

Driving a vehicle that’s failed
You can take your vehicle away if:
  • your current MOT certificate is still valid
  • no ‘dangerous’ problems were listed in the MOT
Otherwise, you’ll need to get it repaired before you can drive.

If you can take your vehicle away, it must still meet the minimum standards of roadworthiness at all times.

You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle that has failed its MOT because of a ‘dangerous’ problem.

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test

fudge it, I'm not one for online "personal" bs but what they hay.
A day late, but I woke up at 3am in the morning yesterday and had the most stressful day due to various unforeseen events and became a dad at 9am for the first time.

2020 needs more good news and this is my contribution.

fudge it, I'm not one for online "personal" bs but what they hay.
A day late, but I woke up at 3am in the morning yesterday and had the most stressful day due to various unforeseen events and became a dad at 9am for the first time.

2020 needs more good news and this is my contribution.

Congratulations! Your life will never be the same again, and you will love it.

Sat down to do some work at my desk, skipped breakfast.
Realised the 3 workbooks I was simultaneously working on had some slight differences and had to work back through thousands of calculations to figure out why and fix them. Skipped lunch. Got it all sorted and emailed by 5PM. Ate leftover sausage pasta. Watched Spurs and drank lager.

Back