• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Set Pieces

I think we try too much for the corner to the near post for Bale to flick in, this is why we constantly hit the first man.

It'll be reet soon enough, Bentley's fit in a couple of weeks \o/

In seriousness, there is a vary fine line between a threatening corner and one that hits the first man or clears everyone imo, but that is still no excuse for how poor we are at them.

Our best hope is that the keeper knocks himself unconscious on someone's ego, then atmospheric conditions come into play and it goes in direct.

It'll be reet soon enough, Bentley's fit in a couple of weeks \o/

In seriousness, there is a vary fine line between a threatening corner and one that hits the first man or clears everyone imo, but that is still no excuse for how poor we are at them.

Would be nice if Bentley could set up Huddlestone from a corner like this again...

[video=youtube;2I4g_DmR9L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4g_DmR9L4[/video]

I can remember most of Bentley's corners getting less height than Modric's!!

While Kranjcar is playing he should have a go, he's taken some decent ones in his time..

Zambia last night did a great short corner movement piece in the first 1-2 minutes of the game. Thought it could work well as a variety in games

Was watching Emirates Marketing Project yesterday, and Milner put in several great corners. Whipped in with pace, dropping on the middle of the six yard line. He is a very good footballer, not outstanding, but very good. If he can do it consistently, then there is no reason why Modric, VDV, Krancjar, Bale can't put in a high percentage of threatening corners. It is our biggest failing, that and our rubbish free kicks.

I can remember most of Bentley's corners getting less height than Modric's!!

While Kranjcar is playing he should have a go, he's taken some decent ones in his time..

Modric is a fantastic footballer, but he just doesn't strike the ball cleanly enough for someone with as much talent as him, hence why his shots seem to go tamely wide or straight into the keeper's hands.

Agree that Kranjcar should try taking them when he is in the side.

You would think Bale would be good at set pieces considering how good he is crossing the ball, but then again he is a threat in the box to flick a header on at the near post.

Imagine where we would be in the league if we got good at set pieces!

Remember Niko's short corner goal against Emirates Marketing Project a few years ago that was sex. I agree he should take them when he is in the side. I think Rafa gets instructions to try and find Bale at near post for all of our corners hence why often times it doesn't clear the first man. I just don't accept with the quality VDV has he can't put it where he wants it 9 times out of 10 very strange.

Remember Niko's short corner goal against Emirates Marketing Project a few years ago that was sex. I agree he should take them when he is in the side. I think Rafa gets instructions to try and find Bale at near post for all of our corners hence why often times it doesn't clear the first man. I just don't accept with the quality VDV has he can't put it where he wants it 9 times out of 10 very strange.

From open play, he can make the most beautiful crosses that land directly at the feet of the player 50 yards away while being pressured by one or two players. Yet from standstill, it's a different proposition altogether. His corners never seem to create chaos in front of the goalmouth, and I do agree that most teams are comfortable conceding the corner to us (Liverpool gave us a corner last week from nearly the halfway line).

Was watching Emirates Marketing Project yesterday, and Milner put in several great corners. Whipped in with pace, dropping on the middle of the six yard line. He is a very good footballer, not outstanding, but very good. If he can do it consistently, then there is no reason why Modric, VDV, Krancjar, Bale can't put in a high percentage of threatening corners. It is our biggest failing, that and our rubbish free kicks.

I wonder how many more points we'd have this season if we could average a goal every other game from corners... :-k

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 12/11 - Emirates Marketing Project have scored the most goals from corners (12), while Aston Villa have conceded the most via this route (11). Predictable.

Stolen from Martin Tyler's column. Also, I got to make a table, which was kind of boring:

Team Goals scored from corners Goals conceded from corners Aggregate goals from corners
Emirates Marketing Project 12 2 +10
West Brom 6 1 +5
Man Utd 7 3 +4
Norwich 7 3 +4
Chelsea 4 0 +4
Everton 5 2 +3
Sunderland 4 1 +3
Wolves 6 5 +1
Tottenham 5 4 +1
Blackburn 8 8 0
Stoke 4 5 -1
Arsenal 3 4 -1
Liverpool 5 7 -2
Fulham 3 5 -2
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1 3 -2
QPR 3 6 -3
Swansea 3 6 -3
Wigan 3 6 -3
Bolton 3 10 -7
Aston Villa 0 11 -11

This doesn't take into account the number of corners teams have won/conceded. We often haven 10, 15 even 20 corners in a match.

Defensively - we were ok before not sure why all of a sudden we were brick. BUT their strength are corners and explains why we initially played 3 defenders in first leg.

Attacking - I would rather stick needles in my penis

Back