• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

My only hope now is that Leicester get complacent as we are so far behind, underperform and cant recover.

Well, if there is a straw left to clutch at, it would be rude to refuse. The mathematical fat lady has not yet sung.

But, of course it would take a collapse of monumental proportions now, to say nothing of what is needed from us. It has gone.
If we can finish second, it will be a brilliant result. If we finish third and above Woolwich it will be a brilliant result. If we finish third below Woolwich it will still be a brilliant result but with just a bit of a tarnish. Fortunately I don't believe the latter will happen.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have the advantage of playing Villa before us, it could mean they're safe and have nothing to play for come the last game of the season.

There is virtually no way that Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be safe before they play us as they have to be 4 points clear of both Norwich and Sunderland, they are more likely to be down.

Forgetting the whole Leicester thing, I would say that pretty much every time our players have been tested this season by defeat or misfortune, they have come back with a good performance. They dont go on bad runs like the teams of yesteryear, they bounce back and learn from it. I will back them to do that again against Chelsea.
True...

Although, playing Devil' advocate, just like in 2011/12 (notably the 1-1 v Wolves) we have failed to win games (Wet Spam and Goons) which would've put us top of the league... Hopefully Pochettino can break that hoodoo...

True...

Although, playing Devil' advocate, just like in 2011/12 (notably the 1-1 v Wolves) we have failed to win games (Wet Spam and Goons) which would've put us top of the league... Hopefully Pochettino can break that hoodoo...

I dont disagree with the games we are dropping points in, although if we finish with our highest ever points total then clearly we are going in the right direction.

Just saying these players do seem to bounce back from disappointment.

Interesting that since we lost to Leicester the teams we have dropped points against have mostly been the same teams that Leicester have too:
- West Ham (we lost, Leicester drew)
- Arsenal (we drew, Leicester lost)
- Liverpool (we drew, they won against them in Feb at home, though they lost away vs them on Boxing day)
- West Brom (we drew, Leicester also drew)

Ultimately, i suspect our slow start is REALLY what has cost us not taking it to the last day (Leicester will not lose vs United and will BATTER Everton imo)

As long as we finish 2nd above Le Scum i'll be happy

Interesting that since we lost to Leicester the teams we have dropped points against have mostly been the same teams that Leicester have too:
- Liverpool (we drew, they won against them in Feb at home, though they lost away vs them on Boxing day)

Ultimately, i suspect our slow start is REALLY what has cost us not taking it to the last day (Leicester will not lose vs United and will BATTER Everton imo)

Hopefully that doesnt go down to the last day. A point is imperative v Chelsea then we could have at least 3rd, maybe even 2nd, wrapped up with a win v Soton

Cg95M7OWkAAFD1O.jpg

I dont disagree with the games we are dropping points in, although if we finish with our highest ever points total then clearly we are going in the right direction.

Just saying these players do seem to bounce back from disappointment.
Yup, just hope the summer transfer window following this record points haul goes a tad better than the last one!

That or only picking up 1pt against Leicester this season. Can only wonder how different things might've been had we not conceded that late header by Huth at WHL which put Leicester 7pts ahead of us...

Yup, just hope the summer transfer window following this record points haul goes a tad better than the last one!

That or only picking up 1pt against Leicester this season. Can only wonder how different things might've been had we not conceded that late header by Huth at WHL which put Leicester 7pts ahead of us...

Annoying, really. They had four shots on target against us for those two games. Half of them went in. We needed 11 shots for our one goal.

But that's history now, we can't dwell on what could've been.

We will have another shot at the title next season. Lolerpool will still be in "transition mode", Goons are Goons, GHod knows what the hell will be going on at ManUre and if Chel53a and the other Mancs have a mass shake up, we will have a huge chance again. Plus the added excitement of Champions League nights at the lane again, roll on August!

The best result for us when scum play Emirates Marketing Project is a draw but I will be rooting for Emirates Marketing Project to win just to be safe. I fancy scum to batter Villa, could even be 7 or 8 nil.

Would be a bottle job if we don't get at least 3rd now.

Comparing the points differences in like-for-like games that we and Leicester have both played we are actually 1 point ahead. The difference is:
(a) the 3 points we lost to them in the head-to-head matches and
(b) we only scored 1 point in the games that Leicester have left (Man Utd (A) & Everton (H)) while Leicester scored 6 points in our remaining games (Southampton (H) & Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)) - and, of course, we both still have Chelsea away.
Points.PNG

Don't see us finishing lower than 2nd tbh. We only need 4 points realistically to secure that on GD and that would need either Arsenal or City to win all 3 games left including beating eachother. Those 4 points or more will be secured against Chelsea and Southampton with us finishing on 76 or 78 points imo.

I know it's over, and though I was gutted last night I wasn't totally devastated as even with a win I knew our chances were pretty slim. Subconsciously I'd given up a few weeks back I suppose.
Just for giggles though I'd love to see Leicester lose against united and Spurs to turn the chavs over. Make them sweat a little.

I know it's over, and though I was gutted last night I wasn't totally devastated as even with a win I knew our chances were pretty slim. Subconsciously I'd given up a few weeks back I suppose.
Just for giggles though I'd love to see Leicester lose against united and Spurs to turn the chavs over. Make them sweat a little.

Could happen. Quite likely that Utd will win tbh, they really need to win every game to stand a chance of top 4. Beautiful thing about that is that should they win every game then if Arsenal have lost to City then Arsenal finish 5th

WBA are a bit of a bogey side for us at home, I think we'll e better against a more footballing Southampton side. The Chelsea game is the main one for me, a good performance there should see us finish strong.

Back