• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

securing 2nd place at home to Southampton has to be the aim now, it obviously pales in comparison to the title but would be a nice way to sign off the season in front of the home crowd

securing 2nd place at home to Southampton has to be the aim now, it obviously pales in comparison to the title but would be a nice way to sign off the season in front of the home crowd

Totally agree. But we need at least a point v Chelsea to see that happen, unless they both drop points this weekend.

GHod i feel flat today....

It feels like when you fancy the pretty girl who for some unknown reason is still single, you always feel that she’s a bit out of your league but gain encouragement when initially her other suitors go for other girls instead or she knocks them back. Then you spark up a bit of a rapport with her and share the occasional late night text. You don’t want to believe it’s going to happen but you still knock back the other girl you’ve had an interest in. You kid yourself it could never happen but the texts become more regular and a little bit flirty. Your mates, who usually wind you up start to tell you that you’ve got a good chance and that she ‘likes you’ and they start to talk about your stag do yet in the back of your mind you know she’s still out of your league. Just when you start to think about when you should actually ask her out you find out she’s gone on a date with the new kid who everyone thinks is really cool even though you know he’s a bit of a taco. It’s heartbreaking when you find out their date went really well and she’s stopped replying to your text; you dread going onto facebook to find out that they’re officially ‘In a Relationship’. If only you’d listened to yourself in the first place!

GHod i feel flat today....

It feels like when you fancy the pretty girl who for some unknown reason is still single, you always feel that she’s a bit out of your league but gain encouragement when initially her other suitors go for other girls instead or she knocks them back. Then you spark up a bit of a rapport with her and share the occasional late night text. You don’t want to believe it’s going to happen but you still knock back the other girl you’ve had an interest in. You kid yourself it could never happen but the texts become more regular and a little bit flirty. Your mates, who usually wind you up start to tell you that you’ve got a good chance and that she ‘likes you’ and they start to talk about your stag do yet in the back of your mind you know she’s still out of your league. Just when you start to think about when you should actually ask her out you find out she’s gone on a date with the new kid who everyone thinks is really cool even though you know he’s a bit of a taco. It’s heartbreaking when you find out their date went really well and she’s stopped replying to your text; you dread going onto facebook to find out that they’re officially ‘In a Relationship’. If only you’d listened to yourself in the first place!

Good hypothetical scenario you sketched out there from your imagination...

^^ ...but then, luckily, a deadly virus wipes out everybody else on the planet except you two, because, through a billions-to-one chance, you both have natural immunity. You jump on a Harley with the keys still in and ride to her place. You're in luck, she's in. You kick the stand down and stride up to the door with your peace-offering of two cans of corned beef and a bottle of Beaujolais. You spend the evening chatting and drinking the wine. Things seem to be going great, until you make your move and she screams and pushes you off and says she only likes girls. Ѕpursy.

^^ ...but then, luckily, a deadly virus wipes out everybody else on the planet except you two, because, through a billions-to-one chance, you both have natural immunity. You jump on a Harley with the keys still in and ride to her place. You're in luck, she's in. You kick the stand down and stride up to the door with your peace-offering of two cans of corned beef and a bottle of Beaujolais. You spend the evening chatting and drinking the wine. Things seem to be going great, until you make your move and she screams and pushes you off and says she only likes girls. Ѕpursy.
Or worse.......she's a gooner

Funny how one little slip up brings back the old doubts in the mind. Really dont want us to blow the chance of runners-up. really need something at Chelsea to take a little bit of pressure off the last 2 matches

We have to regroup as a team ( and I am sure Poch will do this), as long as we finish in the top three its a result as I never thought we would win it anyway so I am not disappointed.

I have faith. 7 points from the three games is achievable even after Monday's let down. We only need 4 points to secure 2nd in all likelihood anyway. 2nd place, something to build on and get the players asking if they liked that feeling of just missing out? If they don't then they know what to do with regards next season and I fully believe we will be the better for this experience come mid August.

We're gonna finish higher than Arsenal have for the last 11 years.

Next season
United will still have LVG.
Guardiola will have to come to terms with playing in a competitive league with team of old players.
Conte wont be arriving until July to a league he knows fudge all about.
Wenger will still be there.
Liverpool will still mess up transfers with the same committee.
Leicester will have to play more than 38 games.

Imagine winning the Premier League at the last game ever at the old lane next season.

We have to regroup as a team ( and I am sure Poch will do this), as long as we finish in the top three its a result as I never thought we would win it anyway so I am not disappointed.

I don't believe for one second you're not disappointed.

I don't believe for one second you're not disappointed.

Good point, however I never got caught up in the idea that we would win it and because of that I never built my hopes up. Its been a great season in the Lge and i am happy that we are showing the progress we have.

Like everyone

Raises their game for the best teams

Baloney. It's down to the 11 men in Lilywhite to get the job done. They didn't. They could have scored thrice in the first half. They didn't. Could've defended a corner kick better than they did, but they didn't.

This stuff about opponents rolling over for other teams while playing their "cup final" against Spurs is pure whingy BS.

Reactions: AVB
Back