• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I understand why you say that, however City with Guardiola may not be in as much disarray; he'll coach the hell out of them and i think they will pull away from Chelski and United...where we or Liverpool fit into that only time will tell, but make no mistake City will not be in disarray with Guardiola at the helm
The problem is that Emirates Marketing Project's squad doesn't look as though it is particularly equipped to play the type of game plan that Guardiola implements.... Mind you they'll probably spend about 12 gazillion quid's worth of oil money to bring in a few players suited to that style of football, while adding a zero to their in-house sponsorship deal to keep things above board from an FFP perspective.

Emirates Marketing Project dont have the players to be coached to the level Pep wants, they have 4/5 for sure but Toure is busted as is Kompany and pretty much the back 4.

Yeh he will get the backing but this whole Emirates Marketing Project + Pep = untouchable.........no I don't buy it

Inglethorpe was our under 18s coach iirc, it's a big step up to running a whole academy and assuming his job is more over-seeing the coaches (among other things) rather than actual on the training pitch work it may take more time for the positive effects to come to fruition (that is assuming he can transfer his skills to the new role) - if their coaches aren't up to how he wants them to work he'll need to bring in those that can do what is required for example
This is a good point. My experience of Inglethorpe was that he was very much a hands on coach who would eventually become an out and out manager/first team coach as opposed to him being a McDermott type that oversees the whole academy. While John is perfectly happy in his role at Spurs and likely to continue for as long as he has the support of the Chairman and head coach, I'm not so sure that I see Inglethorpe sticking around at Liverpool (unless he is being promised a future elevation to the first team?)

Inglethorpe may have been but how many kids have broken, or are about to break, through the ranks that rate alongside the likes of Kane?

One of those that are getting game time now is ex-Spurs Kevin Stewart. He is far from PL standard. They seem to churn out a lot of FBs, but none of them particularly good (Flanagan, Smith, Kelly (now at Palace)). Ibe is very up and down.

Emirates Marketing Project dont have the players to be coached to the level Pep wants, they have 4/5 for sure but Toure is busted as is Kompany and pretty much the back 4.

Yeh he will get the backing but this whole Emirates Marketing Project + Pep = untouchable.........no I don't buy it

I genuinely LOL at some of the stuff that's being written about Sterling being Guardiola's main man and how he is going to want to sign Walcott.

Inglethorpe was our under 18s coach iirc, it's a big step up to running a whole academy and assuming his job is more over-seeing the coaches (among other things) rather than actual on the training pitch work it may take more time for the positive effects to come to fruition (that is assuming he can transfer his skills to the new role) - if their coaches aren't up to how he wants them to work he'll need to bring in those that can do what is required for example

He was effectively McDermott's deputy and they worked together building our academy for 7 years

The problem is that Emirates Marketing Project's squad doesn't look as though it is particularly equipped to play the type of game plan that Guardiola implements.... Mind you they'll probably spend about 12 gazillion quid's worth of oil money to bring in a few players suited to that style of football, while adding a zero to their in-house sponsorship deal to keep things above board from an FFP perspective.

Agree.

Just one example. Guardiola's system uses inverted fullbacks. City have none of them

He pretty much starts with Agureo, De Bruyne, Iheanacho, possibly Silva, and has to build a whole new squad.

He was effectively McDermott's deputy and they worked together building our academy for 7 years

of course they worked closely, we're talking about an u18 coach and McDermott, who is effectively his boss - but there's little to suggest one way or the other how Inglethorpe will fair in what is a completely different role with much greater responsibility to which he had here.

Not quite.... McDermott was the guy that built our academy structure, Inglethorpe was simply one of the coaches that McDermott brought in. Inglethorpe was brought in because he was (is!) a very good coach, not because he was a visionary who could restructure an academy set up.

It is worth noting here that McDermott sees his career as being in youth development (he had already spent several succesful years working for the FA in this respect prior to coming to Spurs) whereas Inglethorpe's ambitions are for first team management (well they always used to be, perhaps he has changed his ambitions since leaving Spurs, but i would be surprised).

We now cannot be overtaken by 16 clubs.

Alphabetically, latest highlighted :-

Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Liverpool
Manchester United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Norwich City
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Pro tem, simply where any club is out of reach.

I would add that Arse & Emirates Marketing Project play each other, so points must be dropped. If it all falls against us with stupid scores we could get done over ... the likelihood is ridiculous. 5000-1 odds maybe, and who would put money on that ?

Last edited:

If wesomehow do finish level on points Arsenal would have to beat Villa by around 12-14 goals. If that happened on the last day I would insist on an inquest

3 points ahead of Arsenal with much better gd with 2 games to play.

We need a single point against either Southampton at home or Saudi Sportswashing Machine away.

Why?
Because there isn't a chance that Arsenal side with beat City away.
Look at their away record in the League since November.

6JvPShi.png

3 points ahead of Arsenal with much better gd with 2 games to play.

We need a single point against either Southampton at home or Saudi Sportswashing Machine away.

Why?
Because there isn't a chance that Arsenal side with beat City away.
Look at their away record in the League since November.

6JvPShi.png

Oh Modders now you've done it :)

Thank you JTS. Ortise, Marvin, Jonathan and Aston also thank you. A little JLS reference for you there.

A lot to take in, that. Put another way, we were RATHER good in the 50s 60s and 80s and a lot of young-to-middle-aged fans have had to put up with a barren, barren run in recent decades

51 1st
52 2nd
57 2nd
58 3rd
60 3rd
61 1st
62 3rd
63 2nd
64 4th
67 3rd
71 3rd
82 4th
83 4th
85 3rd
87 3rd
90 3rd
10 4th
12 4th
16?

Come on you mother flippin Spurs, let's do this.
Or to put it another way...

Back