• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

So to sum up, Leicester is top because everyone rolled over for them all season, while Spurs are second despite every opponent having its best game of the year against us (except Stoke, who didn't show up for the second fixture).

No

If you look at what I said earlier

West Ham turned up and had ago and should have had a win (robbed by a ref)
Sunderland had a go but didn't pull it off - wouldn't accuse them of not turning up
Swansea didn't turn up. They didn't even start the game with a centre toward and their manager was saying before hand how he wants Leicester to win these league

In our last three:

United tried but were blown away but the better side in the end .. It was nil nil for 70 odd minutes
Stoke got it all wrong trying to play football against us and we're battered - very similar in their efforts to Swansea
West Brom basically played the second half as though they had something to play for (other than pride) they had a real go. That's the same west Brom team that lost 3 Nil at home to West Ham and 4 nil away to Arsenal either side of our game.... They didn't turn up for those games but lo and be hood they did against us as .. Their manager said he wants Leicester to win the league and players up their game against the best sides normally

A big factor in the wins for both sides that area comfortable are the early goals and going in at half time in a comfortable position. It makes it tens times harder for the opposition to get back into the game when there a couple behind rather than the odd goal

And Leicster are top because of the points the gained in the first four games. They have been top 150 odd days this season and we haven't been top once. When they win the league ill congratulate them. I did so on Monday night driving home from the game.

What bugs the brick out of me is their victory parade planned 4 weeks ago and now the victory concert with Kasabian, and the press and media of course wanting to go to OT today to see Leicester win the league.

I think it's a complete farce that we haven't played any games before them in the league for a one time thanks to TV. We have always been chasing and it puts much less pressure on them. We have three straight Monday night games yet even next week were after than again!!!!!

This season has been a great learning curve and we are ahead of where most of us thought we would be but all I want is a fair crack and I think everything has been made much harder than it should be

I can even point to the Alli suspension which is 100% right for what he did... Yet Huth does something worse IMO twice in 1 game and gets commended for being a gung-ho defender.

I think there is something in it

I've felt that way for a long time, I remember we suffered similarly during the 90's, the teams better than us knew they had to deal with the likes of ginola and Klinsmann so were always on it, the teams worse than us knew we were soft so they always had a go as well, every single game was a battle, if our entire team didn't turn up and play out of their skins we got beat

I see teams phone it in in the PL every single week, we've seen clubs turn up at old Trafford, Arsenal and Chelsea and wave them through for years, an inferiority complex no doubt, Spurs have done it at all three many many times, we've done it pretty much everywhere to be fair

I don't think it's intentional sandbagging, just collective defeatism or "just not fancying it" as was the case with WBA yesterday, a team is beaten before it even gets its kit on, maybe the manager has an influence here, it's impossible to quantify

that's an aura we don't have yet and we are suffering for it, a few more seasons like this and hopefully we can start to benefit in the same way

the flip side is that Leicester will probably face the same attitude next season as we have this, if they start slow there will be blood in the water

At no point in the run in have I heard a manager around and say we're gonna have a go at Leicester because we want Spurs to win the league... Or were having a go at them because we want Beat the leaders. Why would they have you could say yet we have loads coming out for Leicestershire favour and its bizarre

It wouldn't happen in any other sport even sports that are more familiar and friendly. It's more than unprofessional it's openly admitting a favouritism for one of your competitors. The nearest I've sent I this is F1 where a team mate can block another car up to a point but even that's not allowed and is strictly enforced. Toro rosso compete with their sister team Red Bull and try to have a real go at them with less resources.

Leicester don't need the help there doing their job well

People saying that everyone rolled over for Leicester and played well against us... well actually Leicester only won the majority of their games by one goal so that would indicate they had to work harder in those games to get that win. Where as we thrashed Man U and other side's which would indicate that, if anything, United and other sides were rolling over for us this season where as Leicester have had to go out and work hard for their wins every game.

Although of course it doesn't mean that either. All these statements being made about Leicester getting favours all season is just severe bitterness. The sort of bitterness you'd expect to see from Woolwich fans.

I really hope it doesn't persist for too long as it really is very embarrassing to see.

People saying that everyone rolled over for Leicester and played well against us... well actually Leicester only won the majority of their games by one goal so that would indicate they had to work harder in those games to get that win. Where as we thrashed Man U and other side's which would indicate that, if anything, United and other sides were rolling over for us this season where as Leicester have had to go out and work hard for their wins every game.

Although of course it doesn't mean that either. All these statements being made about Leicester getting favours all season is just severe bitterness. The sort of bitterness you'd expect to see from Woolwich fans.

I really hope it doesn't persist for too long as it really is very embarrassing to see.

What games in those 1 nils has anyone said teams rolled over for them???

Leicester were incredibly lucky in a lot of them but I'm not aware of any accusation of rolling over in those???

Thread is starting to sound incredibly bitter again. If it's not to be congratulate them and use it as motivation to win next season.

However frustrating it is to see Swansea actually playing like a football team this Sunday, it does have 2 plusses
1/ Always funny to see Liverpool get beat...and it's a long drive home too, but just as important
2/ Gives Southampton a bit more incentive to beat City. They can still get 7th and that could be enough for EL football next season

Yep.

I can't see Leicester not winning against flimsy Everton, to be honest. Would love for them to lose today though, would give us some extra motivation tomorrow. But they look too solid for Everton, who have been just shambles for most of the season.

I can't see Leicester not winning against flimsy Everton, to be honest. Would love for them to lose today though, would give us some extra motivation tomorrow. But they look too solid for Everton, who have been just shambles for most of the season.

Our players should not need any. Fabregas,Hazard and Pedro should have already given them enough. If they need more I would be disappointed in them

At last we can now say we are definitely in the Champions League next season. United can still catch us on points but we have a 27-goal margin on them so they'd need to win all their remaining games by a cricket score whilst we lose all of ours to even come close.

Congratulations lads!

At last we can now say we are definitely in the Champions League next season. United can still catch us on points but we have a 27-goal margin on them so they'd need to win all their remaining games by a cricket score whilst we lose all of ours to even come close.

Congratulations lads!
Not quite im afraid... English winners of the 2 European trophies (and neither getting top 4) would see 4th place pushed out.

Back