• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Boo Hoo :D

I am befuddled by the arrogance of some Spurs fans, fans that support a team that have not finished in the top 3 since 1990

Come on Naija - finishing above all the usual suspects only to finish runner upto Leicester is a bit of a kick in balls. Of course it would still be a fantastic season from our POV and everyone would deserve a great deal of praise, but still - fudging Leicester! :p

Come on Naija - finishing above all the usual suspects only to finish runner upto Leicester is a bit of a kick in balls. Of course it would still be a fantastic season from our POV and everyone would deserve a great deal of praise, but still - fudgeing Leicester! :p

exactly, this is the sort of thing that could only happen to us

if I can steal a word used for our neighbors, it's a bit arsenaly isn't it

Come on Naija - finishing above all the usual suspects only to finish runner upto Leicester is a bit of a kick in balls. Of course it would still be a fantastic season from our POV and everyone would deserve a great deal of praise, but still - fudgeing Leicester! :p
However if we do finish below Leicester we will only have ourselves to blame. We could have gambled and pushed the boat out for a top quality striker knowing how open the league was. One who could offer something different to Kane, a clinical finisher perhaps. We chose not to and I understand the reasons for that but it means we are not quite the finished article yet.

exactly, this is the sort of thing that could only happen to us

if I can steal a word used for our neighbors, it's a bit arsenaly isn't it

The year we're better than the leagues usual best teams is the year a 5000/1 shot comes out of nowhere to win it - it's so typically us you can't help but laugh really

Its typical of us really. As soon as Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project & Man Utd have an off season, youd think us or Arsenal would be next in line. Up pop Leicester as another rival for the league! If they were near the bottom of the league where they usually are, it could have been us sitting 5 points clear at the top
6 point clear. :cool:

Me too. I think Palace will do everything to halt their slide over the next few games now the FA cup is out of the way. Hopefully Adebayor can inadvertently do us a favour. I think they will drop points away at Sunderland and at home to Southampton too.
I think Sunderland is going to be a big banana peel. They're playing quite decently lately.

However if we do finish below Leicester we will only have ourselves to blame. We could have gambled and pushed the boat out for a top quality striker knowing how open the league was. One who could offer something different to Kane, a clinical finisher perhaps. We chose not to and I understand the reasons for that but it means we are not quite the finished article yet.
We'll have ourselves to blame for letting them get the equalizer in our first game (can't blame ourselves for them miraculously beating us at WHL, because we seriously outplayed them). Not because we didn't get an extra striker. We're the top scoring team in the PL, for goodness sake!

Maybe it is just me but it appears to me that most of you appear not to be giving Leicester the credit they deserve and instead are putting a greater share of their success on luck. Seems a little sour grapes to me
Indeed... whilst a lot can happen in 8 games, I see one consistent factor in the Cann tables for weeks 14 through to 22 and now week 30 is that Leicester have been top every time.

We'll have ourselves to blame for letting them get the equalizer in our first game (can't blame ourselves for them miraculously beating us at WHL, because we seriously outplayed them). Not because we didn't get an extra striker. We're the top scoring team in the PL, for goodness sake!
It's not just about goals scored though it's about having that decisive player who could get a goal out of nothing and turn some of those draws into wins. That's what has cost us not the loss against Leicester in January. Leicester lost twice to Arsenal but are still 11 points ahead of them. But I don't want to start another conversation about strikers but rather to illustrate that the chance to win the title was always in our own hands. Leicester are just better at grinding out wins than us that's why they are where they are and are probably now favourites to win the title.

Last edited:
Okay, EL out of the way.

Games to play..for the first time this season we now have the least games left to play, alongside Leciester.
As of tonight.
Leicester and Tottenham 8
Arsenal 9
Emirates Marketing Project 11 minimum
West Ham 10 minimum
Man United 10 minimum
Liverpool 12 minimum

Has to be a big help to us now. Lets make it count

Tbh, not realised it before.

How the f#ck did Arsenal wangle finishing the season with Villa at home? Wont be getting any favours in that one either if we end up in a position where we need one

Tbh, not realised it before.

How the f#ck did Arsenal wangle finishing the season with Villa at home? Wont be getting any favours in that one either if we end up in a position where we need one
They always get the relegation fodder at home in the first and last game. And usually screw it in one of them.

Back